Where does DR1 go now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I think I posted the following on the wrong thread. I meant to post it here, since this is the most appropriate setting for my point, and I think it reinforces Chip's premise.

What a perversely petty little show; The obsequious and obligatory name-calling, and all the scurrying about choosing sides, when in fact there are no "sides" to choose.

We have seen the most honorable intentions of a cohesive community morph into a mad and desparate scramble to become part of a "Lord of the Flies" sequel. Surreal.

Yea, it kind of reminds me of the Escott wars, where each others businesses were being dragged through the mud, and I thought there were people with serious mental health issues posting back and forth. It all worked out, people moved on, and they will again.

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
Yea, it kind of reminds me of the Escott wars, where each others businesses were being dragged through the mud, and I thought there were people with serious mental health issues posting back and forth. It all worked out, people moved on, and they will again.

Speaking of Escott, I bet the $US15K he collected in 2005/2006 is worth well over $20K now and enough to build the promised dental clinic and hire a few Dentists!

L V

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
hmm

Recently this figure (15k) was brought back to my attention as over the past few years I forgot about that money, how much went into raising it, and now it just is sitting in an account, gaining interest and not really working for the kids.

This is something that really should be looked into.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I agree with the gloat part as far as some members are concerned. Just challenge them or you could just stop posting which I doubt you will.

I didn't say I'm not going to post anymore nor do I plan to continue challenge anyone either; I will just be less intersted that's all.

After all, I post mainly because I like to give helpful information and if it's a topic that I believe that it's important to voice my opinion on the matter. This was because I felt like I was part of a community, albeit with different opinions that's for sure. However, I feel don't really feel this is a community anymore.

After all, what if I were in Apos shoes? Let's say I really was kidnapped, now all these people I thought were my friends are doing whatever they can to erroneously smear my name.

Let's say I was guilty. Maybe a snap decision made at a time of crisis in my life. Not a planned scam like Berie Madoff but a poor decision brought on by stress? Who have I hurt? Only myself, my family and Curt and Sandi, not the DR1 community, that's for sure. For any DR1'ers who are not part of the aforementioned group to feign indignation on their part is just hipocritical in my opinion.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, I don not understand what you mean when you say the people who are indignant about this situation are hypocrites. That implies they profess a belief in something that they don't truly believe in. Did you mean something else?

According to MW the following is a definition of hipocracy:

1 : a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not;

How can one become indignant if they have nothing vested in the matter?

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Recently this figure (15k) was brought back to my attention as over the past few years I forgot about that money, how much went into raising it, and now it just is sitting in an account, gaining interest and not really working for the kids.

This is something that really should be looked into.
Maybe someone should start a new thread.

FYI, I was able to get my $100 US donation redirected to the Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation.
</TITLE> </HEAD> <body style="FONT-FAMILY: "> <P> <STYLE> .backgrounds { code } table, tr, td { background-color: transparent; border: 0px none; } body { background-image: url('http://dl.backgroundsarchive.net/pub/0/217tdibsrclup.jpg'); background-at

I think it was Lee from Anoeca who used to post here who got it done.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm going to close this D'Arcy related thread for now.

I'm waiting on some official information, but being as it's a holiday tomorrow (Monday) in the DR it might get delayed. So expect an update either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Let's not start any new threads, unless someone has anything earth shattering to add :)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.