Where to buy bubble wrap in rolls in Santo Domingo?

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
Almacenes Unidos?
Did you see them there in person, or it's just a guess?

Is there any store that sells packaging materials? Not only bubble wrap, but boxes and other stuff? I know that some moving companies have that stuff, but they don't sell it to people who are not their customers. I was once able to buy a bunch of boxes, wrap, etc from the company that was moving my stuff from one apartment to another, but they sold it to me just because I wanted to do all the packaging of the important things myself before they move them.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Plastifar has food packaging products. I don’t see bubble plastic but they do have rolls of pvc wrap. Maybe try bigger chinese shops or search plastic producers.. Don’t you remember if there was a brand name on the mover’s boxes?

Lets google plástico de burbujas santo domingo:
Mudomcarga.com

And lots more…

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo

Thanks a lot, this one has a store here, I will check it out on Monday.

And lots more…
Lol, this one is in Spain actually... when you google something with Santo Domingo, most results that come up are from Ecuador or Spain or other countries :)

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
Don’t you remember if there was a brand name on the mover’s boxes?
I know what mover was that, but their boxes had some food brand on it LOL. The only place they had their brand on is their trucks, even their warehouse has different name on it.
I hope that PapeleriaCCC has it. But anyway, if you look at their site, it says ROLLOS DE BURBUJA 12" X 30 PIES, it's actually 12" x 10 yards roll and that's 30 square feet, that's what written on it. So it's a small roll with small bubbles for a 1000 pesos. Yes, that's 3M, but I don't care about the brand. And I would prefer a bigger roll with bigger bubbles. Somebody must sell different sizes for a cheaper price here, but as always, they don't care to have a proper website that you can find. Usually all the info here is on Instagram or Facebook, I found one store on Facebook but it's in Santiago.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Thanks a lot, this one has a store here, I will check it out on Monday.

Lol, this one is in Spain actually... when you google something with Santo Domingo, most results that come up are from Ecuador or Spain or other countries :)
Oops it was a quick search. Of course I took a wrong link:LOL:

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
I have never seen bubble wrap for sale in DR ...
Because why spend money on packaging materials if you can use old dirty clothes, periodicos and whatever else you can find around to pack your stuff. I remember some reviews on Dominican sellers on Ebay from buyers who received their stuff wrapped in stained panties of XXXL size.

It's the same like trash bags, you can notice that even in most expensive towers in Santo Domingo most people put their trash in small plastic bags from Nacional o La Sirena. Why spend money on trash bags even if you live in a half million dollars apartment and drive a new Porsche. And we are talking about bubble wrap here LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the input :)

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Because why spend money on packaging materials if you can use old dirty clothes, periodicos and whatever else you can find around to pack your stuff. I remember some reviews on Dominican sellers on Ebay from buyers who received their stuff wrapped in stained panties of XXXL size.

It's the same like trash bags, you can notice that even in most expensive towers in Santo Domingo most people put their trash in small plastic bags from Nacional o La Sirena. Why spend money on trash bags even if you live in a half million dollars apartment and drive a new Porsche. And we are talking about bubble wrap here LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the input :)
I get it ... I have a saying if it doesn't exist here it doesn't exist....

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Balled up craft paper absorbs more shock than plastic wrap, so there's that.

UPS determined that 40 years ago.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Mudanzasdominicana.com
They advertise selling materials for moving including bubble wrap.

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
Mudanzasdominicana.com
They advertise selling materials for moving including bubble wrap.
Yep, that's the same people who moved my stuff twice. But, as I mentioned before, back then (10 years ago) they sold packaging materials to people who hired them for moving their stuff. Maybe now they just sell it to whoever wants to buy, I'll check it out again with them, thanks!

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Yep, that's the same people who moved my stuff twice. But, as I mentioned before, back then (10 years ago) they sold packaging materials to people who hired them for moving their stuff. Maybe now they just sell it to whoever wants to buy, I'll check it out again with them, thanks!
I would recommend checking them out since now they advertise selling the materials to those who want to do the move themselves

Reactions: Glenn Burke