why can't we post photos in our posts?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
wondering why DR1 requires a URL to upload a photo in our posts?

I have found most of these type of websites allow the user/OP to upload a simple jpg photo from our computer....

Can this be changed with a positive YES poll?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's very easy to add photos. You can click the square "insert image" icon at the top alongside the smiley face icon or simply copy and paste.

Reactions: aarhus

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
When you put your pointer on the picture icon, you get a "insert image" message.

1676930473626.jpeg

When you click on the little "insert image" icon, put your pointer on top of it and click it. You should get this:

1676930032423.jpeg

There is the "arrow up" icon, and the "paperclip" icon.

When you click on "Drop image" (or click here) box, that will open a file explorer window on your pc. Search for the photo you want to upload, click on it, then click open.

If you click on the paperclip, you get a box where you can insert the URL of a picture you have previous copied on another website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just copy and paste the image then. That's always worked for me and it's easier.

You can also put your image on postimage.org for free and it will give you a special link to post the image on forums. A little more time consuming than the other ways, but not much.

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
OK, I have an icon at the bottom of the " writing window " that says " Attach files ".

On a side note, nothing else works in the " writing window ", italic doesnt work, neither does bold, nothing does. I can see the icons but they are in faded form and I cant click on them.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Try clicking the toggle BB code ...[ ] on the right hand side of the page.
Good luck.
Now let me see if the italic will work for me.
Yep.
By George I think I've got it
Thanks to your comment I think I have figured it out.
I have also been struggling with it...until now that is.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Try clicking the toggle BB code ...[ ] on the right hand side of the page.
Good luck.
Now let me see if the italic will work for me.
Yep.
By George I think I've got it
Thanks to your comment I think I have figured it out.
I have also been struggling with it...until now that is.

okkkkkkkk........ very intuitive, i must say ..... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thanks.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Just copy and paste the image then. That's always worked for me and it's easier.

You can also put your image on postimage.org for free and it will give you a special link to post the image on forums. A little more time consuming than the other ways, but not much.
Thanks for the tips!

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
When you put your pointer on the picture icon, you get a "insert image" message.

View attachment 7158

When you click on the little "insert image" icon, put your pointer on top of it and click it. You should get this:

View attachment 7157

There is the "arrow up" icon, and the "paperclip" icon.

When you click on "Drop image" (or click here) box, that will open a file explorer window on your pc. Search for the photo you want to upload, click on it, then click open.

If you click on the paperclip, you get a box where you can insert the URL of a picture you have previous copied on another website.

I'm wondering if the Webmaster can just tweak the portal so we can just upload a pic?

It seems a lot more straightforward and simpler -

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
That goes in the URL window, or better, right click on the picture, copy, come here to DR1, click on the message box and hit enter.
I did put it in the URL window. My message just displayed the link without the picture. I tried to copy and paste in the message box but to no avail. I'm getting duller every day so it might just be me.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm wondering if the Webmaster can just tweak the portal so we can just upload a pic?

It seems a lot more straightforward and simpler -
Are you on a computer or a cel phone?

Where is the picture you want to publish?

Is it on your desktop?