Why do most Dominicans blindly prefer Hillary over Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Dont try to patronize me you cant pull out immediately and leave a power vacuum I never said that . At least you do believe they should be peacemakers in other areas of the world which would imply you have morals..not just places where there is money to be made by occupying the area. Also I never said I supported Bill Clinton the only thing I would thank him for is providing more pell grants for college..which the Bush administration revoked and made people pay back (that is absurd).

This isn't patronization, your comments were clearly understood in English. Also, you talk about not leaving immediately but what does your party say? Like I said before, you appear to not know a lot about the stances of your chosen party or maybe just don't review your opinions thorougly before you post because a person with your apparent stances(pro family, pro life, measured withdrawl of troops) would be considered conservative by most as I am - welcome to the club. :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Finally--and this is just my opinion--anti-abortion is a selling point, a way to rile up the base. Pat Dobson and the Christian Coalition may want to see it reversed, but what if that was to happen? How will the GOP galvanize the troops in the future? Fear of more terrorism? Character assassination of the opposition? Sex scandals and amber alerts can only get you so far...and for a short time.

So, I'm not so sure the GOP politicos want it reversed. They can say it all day and night and twice on Saturdays, but I'm sticking to my opinion.

I disagree that they don't want it reversed in order to not loose their "morally superior righteousness - because as history teaches us, there will never be a lack of subjects, real or otherwise, that politicians will use to make their point. Politicians the world over are some of the most morally challenged people imo. Fortunately, the States has a better system of checks and balances than many other countries. The problem is human nature - all this power goes to people's heads and they just think they can do no wrong. We are in essense a feeble species in that regard.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Which candidate is advocating an immediate pullout?

Obama has been calling for troop withdrawal since 2006 and he presented a bill last year to have them start to withdrawal at the height of the violence last year in May to be finished next month. That would have been disasterous to say the least, as we now know that troop increases have what has helped stabilize the region. I think it is reasonable to expect that in the later part of this year that it can finally begin.

Obama Bill Sets Date For Troop Withdrawal - washingtonpost.com

BTW, withdrawing 160k troops couldn't happen overnight, just returning the equipment and turning over authority to the locals would be more than a few months, so while Obama's plan was not an "overnight withdrawal, it would have been as close as they come. Furthermore, it shows a complete and utter disregard of the Iraqi people to leave them to be caught in the crossfire of Sunni and Shii extremists.

Status
Not open for further replies.