Why DR1, why????

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'm turning features on and off randomly. Why? Some people are experiencing page loading issues with and without Facebook. Right now we are at the placebo stage :)

So it hasn't just 'snuck back' on my computer if it's you doing it - that's a relief ;).

Does your placebo comment mean you are waiting to see if people still report problems, when Facebook is turned on here on DR1 but people don't necessarily know it is turned on :cheeky:?

This thread has gone a bit quiet so it might be working...............

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
you are talking about editing Fotoalbums on Facebook, right?
and it is the FB page that freezes in, not your Computer?
that's something I had quiet often before I stopped to use that site.
Mike

No actually, it's in my DR1 profile page that I'm having trouble uploading my photos and editing the albums. I have no trouble using my facebook. Sorry for the late reply...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I guess it been due some changes you did, Robert, and I just caught the wrong moment to log in.
but in case such is of help for you figuring out such things, below I copy the error message I received a minute ago and for the duration of around 2 minutes when I tried to enter the Living Forum, I've already been logged in with my borname at that time.
--------------------
Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home2/dr1/public_html/forums/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_createurl.php on line 526

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home2/dr1/public_html/forums/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_createurl.php on line 528
<META name=ROBOTS content=NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW,NOARCHIVE><STYLE type=text/css> <!-- body { background-color: white; color: black; } #container { width: 400px; } #message { width: 400px; color: black; background-color: #FFFFCC; } #bodytitle { font: 13pt/15pt verdana, arial, sans-serif; height: 35px; vertical-align: top; } .bodytext { font: 8pt/11pt verdana, arial, sans-serif; } a:link { font: 8pt/11pt verdana, arial, sans-serif; color: red; } a:visited { font: 8pt/11pt verdana, arial, sans-serif; color: #4e4e4e; } --> </STYLE><TABLE id=container cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD>
image.php
</TD><TD id=bodytitle width="100%">Database error</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>The database has encountered a problem.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.dr1.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>The Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>
We apologise for any inconvenience.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
-------------------
it is all fine now.
cheers
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Shiraz,
got your Point.

Robert,
when uploading Fotos, 3 at a time like offered by the 'examine menue',
at the end of the process the following error message shows up:
----------------------

http://www.dr1.com/forums/album.php?do=editpictures&albumid=42&pictureids[]=174&pictureids[]=175&pictureids[]=176
-------------------------
for a reason out of my knowledge I can not copy and paste the error message here,
so I copied the link to it, hope that works and helps.

<TABLE id=container cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD id=bodytitle width="100%">Database error</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>The DR1 Dominican Republic Forums database has encountered a problem.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>Please try the following:
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>The Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>
<TABLE id=container cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD>
image.php
</TD><TD id=bodytitle width="100%">Database error</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>The DR1 Dominican Republic Forums database has encountered a problem.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>Please try the following:
image.php
</TD><TD id=bodytitle width="100%">Database error</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>The DR1 Dominican Republic Forums database has encountered a problem.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>Please try the following:
image.php
We apologise for any inconvenience.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Shiraz,
my page does not freeze in,
but it shows an error message so I firstly guessed the fotos been not uploaded, but they are, they show up nicely when I check on my profile.
see them here:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/members/mikefisher-albums-punta-cana-excursions-corner.html

some Toy for Robert to play with.
I know he love's that stuff, ha ha ha.
sorry Robert,
happy working.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Robert,
sorry for that lengthy Post,
delete it, it's bothersome and I understand such.
when i copied and pasted the text of the error message in the "answer post" field it did simply not show up.
so I pasted several times,
nothing showed up.
once I pressed "send post" I saw that it all pops up.

weird Cyberworld.
been just meant to show you what pops up when Fotos are loaded.
cheers
Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You tube

I now have the You Tube logo appearing in my address bar - preceding the DR1 address

I do not subscribe to YouTube or FaceBook

Is this normal ?

If so, why ... May I ask?

WW

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Because you have visited YouTube or played a YouTube hosted video and your browser has cached it's favicon.

This is the ONLY way this can happen.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Shiraz,
got your Point.

Robert,
when uploading Fotos, 3 at a time like offered by the 'examine menue',
at the end of the process the following error message shows up:

some Toy for Robert to play with.
I know he love's that stuff, ha ha ha.
sorry Robert,
happy working.
Mike

This is caused by too many connections to our database.

This problem is more likely to happen when we are sending out the Daily News emails. When you combine this with all the other stuff running on the server, it's starts to wobble a little.

In the future we are moving to a dedicated database server to cope with the loads we experience at certain times, plus it will allow us a lot more growth and do stuff we cannot currently do.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I'm turning features on and off randomly. Why? Some people are experiencing page loading issues with and without Facebook. Right now we are at the placebo stage :)

which would explain why sometimes I enjoy surfing DR1, and sometimes curse it....

you make me feel, and I'm sure that is not the purpose, like I'm complaining just to be complaining...

as stated... I experienced a serious problem, and reported it...

I appreciate the fact that you are testing it, but feel somehow, you are going the wrong way with those tests...

My proposal is simple... ask people to post their experiences with speed every day for a week or so... while you decide which days you turn features on or off (without telling us)... and after this week you report...

As I do trust you, I will accept your conclusions, and if DR1 is not the problem I will look further...

Peter

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Belgian K's request

I experienced slow loading yesterday at times.

Also, when I refreshed the page, the newest post will not appear.
That happened just now with my own post... Cobraboy was still there, instead of my , newer post.

Don't know if these problems are connected

WW