Why some NA women think they can change their DR man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas

It's a shame that many of you live in the DR but only associate with riff raff. Many of you live in whore towns or the only women you know are hookers. You don't associate with educated typical Dominicans.

That's like me going to the South Bronx during the 80's crack epidemic and living among crack heads and then saying every New Yorker is a crack head.

I am happy that some of you can come to the DR and pick up many women. I know you are going to pay because most typical educated Dominican women would not be hanging out with any of you. We also know you can't pick up a girl in the states so come on down and enjoy.

Newsflash: The Dominican Republic life that some of you live is not living in your small apartment, picking up hookers and eating platos del dia.

I would say some of you need to expand your network but most Dominicans won't want to have anything to do with some of you.

I am so sure YOU are living in Casa de Campo having tea with the Oscar de la Renta set over Tiffany silver. Please inform is all what it is like to mingle with the "typical educated high society Dominican woman" since you have been knighted as a Lord of sophistication. Paaalease..the whole island is a hooker town. Show me a Dominican town or village and I will show you a cabaña, and it ain't for having high tea with the uber educated set.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
well, happiness is different thing to different people. your idea of what happiness is, and my idea of it, might very well be two different things. i cannot look at a persons face and tell what is going on in his life, but i do know that when i walk along a street in the DR, and i pass by a Dominican, he gives me a smile and a greeting. the foreigner walks by with his head held straight ahead, with no chance of saying hello.

Dominicans who leave the country usually leave for financial reasons. no wealthy Dominican leaves the country to go and shovel snow in Massachussetts.

please dont use the fact that Dominicans migrate as an indication of happiness. if that is your yardstick, then you must be unhappy, because you left your country to go somewhere else.

If you want to play ping-pong try somewhere else please Gorgon. I am not going to explain why I am here.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I am so sure YOU are living in Casa de Campo having tea with the Oscar de la Renta set over Tiffany silver. Please inform is all what it is like to mingle with the "typical educated high society Dominican woman" since you have been knighted as a Lord of sophistication. .

Well, they cook a fine sancocho for some of us.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If you want to play ping-pong try somewhere else please Gorgon. I am not going to explain why I am here.

actually, you are the one who started up with me. i dont remember that you are alive until you start responding to my postings with some snarky bons mots.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Let us be realistic !...
First of all; "Dominicans don't need to be saved by anyone" and/or being grateful
until the rest of their live for "being rescued". According to a recent international study, they are one of the most happy people on earth. That said, i do not now if you live here for a long time or even if you are a Dominican,. hurt by my comments !? Fact is that compared to Europe, US or Canada, Dominicans have a totally different culture and values. According to my humble opinion and experience; Dominicans like to cheat and lie a lot. All of them ???...of course not ! but almost all of them ! Why ??? because they do not know anything else ! That's what they picked up from their surrounding and parents. Ask any of your Dominican friends if they grow up in an intact family !? The changes that they were, are closed to Z E R O !!! To answer your next question in mind...why the f... i am still here ??? because i am 50 yr. old and have beautiful girlfriends at around 20-25 max.Why they are with me ? ...because i am a copy of Brad Pitt ! Yeah right !!! I will end this message by a quote from somebody that picked me up from the airport more than 10 years ago; " If you look for true love in the DR, get your self a Dog"

I'm an American. So like you said, "Let's be real". If you're 40-50 and stupid enough to believe that some 18-25 year old puta is in love with you and make a great wife then you deserve what you get which is screwed. However, living throughout the Caribbean for the past 21 years, I've learned a lot, and one thing is that taking an entire culture or country of people and putting them into a labeled box is silly. I did like how you avoided my questions though. Not bad.. Every Dominican male or female isn't a liar or a cheater. Different cultures? For some north American's this is a welcome change from the women looking for the "bigger better deal" all of the time. By the way, I'm 57 years old, married to a 52 year old Dominicana who has her own bank account, credit cards and makes her own money charting yachts throughout the Caribbean online whom I didn't meet mi la mujer in the DR. I'm not trying to start a fight, or argument. I'm just trying to "keep it real". People all over the world from different countries are different. Good and bad in every culture, and WE are our own worst enemies when it comes to relationships. We have to choose and our choice is what we have to live with, but boxing people up and labeling them is just wrong in any culture. BTW, to the poster that said how the 29 year old chica will lose her nice figure because of her diet and lifestyle is wrong. Here again, depends on the chica. Mi muneca sails, swims and is active. If the poster would like, I'll be happy to show him a 52 year old la mujer with the body of a 25 year old chica he was speaking about. Here again, can't put everybody in the same box and label them. Also, I notice a big difference with Dominicanos living on the other Caribbean islands which is why I asked that particular question to you. Just my opinion from my personal experience. Now if I could just get her to expand her cooking habits..

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I told Bronxboy i would not hijack this thread so edited the post

Last edited:

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I always get snagged on the talk about running around with the wrong level of woman that comes up every once in a while. I met a Dominican woman in Boston and she told me she was a retired doctora in the DR and that she owned her own home in the DR and had a pension of about $500.00. This was when the exchange rate was 35 to 1. Anyway I believed her and we went to La Vega and she was living in a home that belonged to her brother , but he expected me to pay $350 per month and I never saw any evidence of her pension. We did go about visiting her friends who were all high class people who had swimming pools and their own drivers etc... But she really gave me hell for telling her friends that I have diabetes. WHat is wrong with you? You have made me lose all respect from my friends by telling them that. That attitude is what makes me think that she probably was not a doctora at all. Would a real doctora have that attitude?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well Gorgon when you walk on a  dominican street do you see many happy faces? They are kind ok but happy....
Why does "el noventa porciento" of the dominicans leave the country...because of happiness? 1+1=2.

Most Dominicans lives, like in most countries, evolves around money. When you never have enough of it, it becomes a vocal point. We lose two or more teachers a year to the Public school system simply because they'll make more money and be on the government gravy train for better pensions. Most of them hate working in the public system but the money is better. I know many Dominican women that stay with their partner/husband even though they are abused or he cheats on them because he pays for everything. I associate/know Dominicans from the lowest of the low to the upper crust, and there are lumps of coal as well as diamonds at all levels. Lots of drug addicts, alcoholics, and suicides are on the rise, all indications that many are not happy with their lot in life. Having said that I know a few Dominicans that are simply the sweetest people on earth.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Me and I am not ashamed of it. I stab myself in the belly twice a day to insert insulin.
Der Fish

Dominicans are IN GENERAL (be carefull here) pretty Frank about their diseases. I heard conversations about hemorroids, of women things, that you would never discuss in our countries. So I don't think she meant it negative.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
I always get snagged on the talk about running around with the wrong level of woman that comes up every once in a while. I met a Dominican woman in Boston and she told me she was a retired doctora in the DR and that she owned her own home in the DR and had a pension of about $500.00. This was when the exchange rate was 35 to 1. Anyway I believed her and we went to La Vega and she was living in a home that belonged to her brother , but he expected me to pay $350 per month and I never saw any evidence of her pension. We did go about visiting her friends who were all high class people who had swimming pools and their own drivers etc... But she really gave me hell for telling her friends that I have diabetes. WHat is wrong with you? You have made me lose all respect from my friends by telling them that. That attitude is what makes me think that she probably was not a doctora at all. Would a real doctora have that attitude?

Belittling or slighting someone because of a medical, pysical or mental disability is just about the lowest class behavior one can display, hoped you dumped the tramp ASAP

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
There are those that will claim that the D.R has some secret equivalent to English high society or aristocracy if you will. Then there is the truth. Dominicans produce great baseball players, rum and have great beaches. Educated , poised and refined conversationalists are as rare as Waterford crystal here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There are those that will claim that the D.R has some secret equivalent to English high society or aristocracy if you will. Then there is the truth. Dominicans produce great baseball players, rum and have great beaches. Educated , poised and refined conversationalists are as rare as Waterford crystal here.

Perhaps in the rarified society you associate with. LOL. Certainly the average Dominican isnt well read or educated but there are plenty that are well read very intelligent and very capable of carrying on complex conversations, very capable.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hillbilly's rules....... so appropo.

Too many try to recreate Pygmalion/My Fair Lady. Huge class or age difference. Rarely succeeds. 

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Dominicans are IN GENERAL (be carefull here) pretty Frank about their diseases. I heard conversations about hemorroids, of women things, that you would never discuss in our countries. So I don't think she meant it negative.

You are wrong there. She said decent people don't say such things. But she thought of herself as high society. I have been with several Dominicanas since then and none had her strange perversion thinking that a person with diabetes "no sirve" to use her words without translating them.
Der Fish

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Perhaps in the rarified society you associate with. LOL. Certainly the average Dominican isnt well read or educated but there are plenty that are well read very intelligent and very capable of carrying on complex conversations, very capable.

We all know you are a member of that secret Dominican society that has uber cerebral conversations about high art, fashion and world issues........ yea right...baseball,el presidentes and tight pants is the topic of the day, not terrorism, economics and the Dow Jones ......ask someone in your esteemed social circle what the stock market even is, and then ask them about the Yankees..

Status
Not open for further replies.