Why sopita is so bad for your health..

May 29, 2006
The amount of trans fat in a bouillon cube is going to be very little(far less than a single French Fry) and the health risk from MSG is primarily from the sodium. Trans fats occur naturally in butter as well at .5 grams per 14 gram serving.. MSG was originally derived from seaweed. There are far worse foods to worry about out there and I'm not going on a seaweed diet.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
The amount of trans fat in a bouillon cube is going to be very little(far less than a single French Fry) and the health risk from MSG is primarily from the sodium. Trans fats occur naturally in butter as well at .5 grams per 14 gram serving.. MSG was originally derived from seaweed. There are far worse foods to worry about out there and I'm not going on a seaweed diet.

I agree.There's trans fat in meats,oils and milk too. As long as a person takes the recommended
daily allowance it's fine. The problem arises when there's a high intake of trans fat. Vitually every fast food has trans fat.

Here's a list of other foods that contain trans fat which we consume.

Cookies
Crackers
Cakes
Muffins
Pie crusts
Pizza dough
Margarine
Vegetable shortening
Cake mixes
Pancake mixes
Chocolate drink mixes
Donuts
French fries
Potato chips
Candy
Packaged popcorn
Frozen dinners

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The reason why doctors say to stay way from using bouillon cubes(sopita) is because of
the high salt content and people with hypertension or pregnant women need to watch
their intake.

Do you want to know what other foods contain? Just read the labels.:rolleyes:

I've been using bouillon cubes for years and I am not stopping now. By the way,
I just made beefy noodle soup and added sopita de res. Delish!;)

can i have some; pretty please?

i have every buillon cube know to modern man. beef, lamb, garlic, garlic and tomato, chicken, fish, clam...want more? they make my dishes wonderful. so what? i live longer if i don't use them? so what happens if the day i toss them in the garbage some dude runs me over going the wrong way down a one way street? all for naught?

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
can i have some; pretty please?

i have every buillon cube know to modern man. beef, lamb, garlic, garlic and tomato, chicken, fish, clam...want more? they make my dishes wonderful. so what? i live longer if i don't use them? so what happens if the day i toss them in the garbage some dude runs me over going the wrong way down a one way street? all for naught?

LOL! Exactly.What about all the policemen who eat a daily dose of donuts, pizzas and fast foods are they dropping like flies? :classic:

Daily exercise will melt the fat away.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Life is a fatal disease.

It'll get you in the end, so just enjoy the brief span you have.

Worry and stress are the biggest killers.

May 29, 2006

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I agree.There's trans fat in meats,oils and milk too. As long as a person takes the recommended
daily allowance it's fine. The problem arises when there's a high intake of trans fat. Vitually every fast food has trans fat.

Here's a list of other foods that contain trans fat which we consume.

Cookies
Crackers
Cakes
Muffins
Pie crusts
Pizza dough
Margarine
Vegetable shortening
Cake mixes
Pancake mixes
Chocolate drink mixes
Donuts
French fries
Potato chips
Candy
Packaged popcorn
Frozen dinners

By the way, these foods contain more trans fatty acids than a sopita de pollo. So enjoy!:classic:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
My paternal grandfather died at the age of 104 and his diet was high in carbohydrates, starch (platanos,yuca,yautia, etc), fried foods and seldom if ever drank milk.(calcium)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My paternal grandfather died at the age of 104 and his diet was high in carbohydrates, starch (platanos,yuca,yautia, etc), fried foods and seldom if ever drank milk.(calcium)

something is going to get you. you are not getting out of this world alive. when i was in high school, there was an old man called Lindy Forbes, who drank this unrefined rum called John Crow Batty. it must have been at least 200 proof. when you drop ice cubes in it, they sink! vapors rush off the surface, like steam...
he drank that every day, in copious amounts. when i knew him , he was 67 years old. if that did not kill him, he will slip on the soap in the bathtub.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Bronzy"
To answer your question, "YES"!
They ARE dropping like flies.
And, Fire Fighters too!
Didn't you see all the "Porkers" at the Washington Navy Yard shootings???
Both men & women police officers.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Gorgon, when you find some "Booze" over 200 proof, call me!!!!!!!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"Bronzy"
To answer your question, "YES"!
They ARE dropping like flies.
And, Fire Fighters too!
Didn't you see all the "Porkers" at the Washington Navy Yard shootings???
Both men & women police officers.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Gorgon, when you find some "Booze" over 200 proof, call me!!!!!!!:bunny::bunny::bunny:

i do not think the authorities would appreciate it if i tried to import that stuff here.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
"GORGON", how do you know that "Orientals" live a long time????
They all look alike, you could be seeing different people!
NOTE, My first wife was a beautiful Thai girl.
When she got to Boston, she said "All Americans "LOOK ALIKE"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And she used a LOT of "MSG" in EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
HEY, maybe THAT's why I look so young!!!!!

That's not the reason at all CC. Men who have Oriental charms dangling off their arm are less stressed, more content with the servings of life etc, hence they don't age so darn quick. Plus all that Pad Prik....... :surprised I was recently in the farming regions in the Northern Luzon district ( Philippines)...... what an education as to how to live !

Cheers

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"GORGON", how do you know that "Orientals" live a long time????
They all look alike, you could be seeing different people!
NOTE, My first wife was a beautiful Thai girl.
When she got to Boston, she said "All Americans "LOOK ALIKE"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And she used a LOT of "MSG" in EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
HEY, maybe THAT's why I look so young!!!!!

i give up!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
That's not the reason at all CC. Men who have Oriental charms dangling off their arm are less stressed, more content with the servings of life etc, hence they don't age so darn quick. Plus all that Pad Prik....... :surprised I was recently in the farming regions in the Northern Luzon district ( Philippines)...... what an education as to how to live !

Cheers

Orientals eat a lot of fish which helps compensate for the higher MSG in their diets. Americans eat the MSG and instead of fish, eat Fast food. MSG loaded knorr and Maggi cubes are horrible on the health not worth it.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
The lady that helps us out in the DR was taught (by a friend with diabetes) to make fresh seasoning and sauces for her daily meals. The Friend was ordered off the sopitas, canned foods like tomato paste etc.
It took some training but she finally did it.
The Clorox & Mistolin is another story.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I was concerned about the level of Sodium in them a few years ago.
Soooooo, I checked the level and sow something like 200 mg. per "Serving".
Not TOO BAD, I thought, then I saw that 1 cube is like 24 servings.
People of African heritage have high incidences of high blood pressure and diabetes.
AND, sadly for Dominicans, their diet is very high in salt, fat, and sugar.
AND,..."Monotony" so!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hey Chris, not disagreeing with you, but may I add a perspective. The curious thing about the rates of hypertension and diabetes, etc among African americans is not a physical, genetic thing. Please don't make me cite sources, but the trend among studies I read about a decade ago clearly identified that race by itself is not the factor. It is the curious intersection of race and culture. although every study says another study is needed, the general idea i gleaned is that it is the societal pressures of living in a racist society. Don't jump on me. Because not Conclusive. I recall a study in former colonial countries of Africa with large white populations, and there wasn't the same disparity. So it aint just plain old fashioned racism. There is something as yet unidentified in American culture that results in this disparity. If you say multi-factorial your paper gets published. so, statistically, for once you aint got a gringo advantage as compared with your dominican family.

btw, have you developed a taste for the salami?