Why was a british traveler not allowed entry into country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Someone, Nadie 21 read something.
Nebulous reporting from daily mail.uk
Lot of speculation no facts known.

• Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor information sourcing.

Now a moderator who was not present kicks in with an imaginary conversation.
If you were present at migración let us know NALs.

We do know that the DR has laws.
If entry is denied, it is on the basis of DR laws. ( This rarely happens)
In an advanced country like DR surely there is an official at PUJ international who is capable of speaking english.
Normally one expects to be given the reason for denied entry.

We do know that Dominicans require a visa to visit most countries.
That includes Dominica and other Caribbean countries.

We do know that this is based on past conduct of Dominicans in foreign countries.
Resulting in most Dominicans suffering for other Dominicans bad conduct.

I do know you sound like chalk on a black board.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The article said the passport was stamped "nulo" meaning invalid. Sounds like some problem with the passport. I had a passport once that wouldn't scan properly. Maybe there wasn't six months remaining on her passport(?).

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
XQT, NALS was giving an "example" of a conversation nothing more. You however are giving us "Visa requirements for Dominican Citizens" which has nothing to do with this situation at all.
An imaginary conversation which never took place, :which has nothing to do do with the situation at all.

The whole post is based on failed fact checks and poor information sourcing, furthering internet speculation.
We do not know the reason for refusal of ingress to the DR for this person.

As Nals was insinuating that the Brits felt special just for being Brits, which has zero baring on facts, just his feelings.
Entry into the DR is regulated by DR laws.

As To Nals feelings, I was drawing an analogy that visa requirements for Dominicans are based,
On regulatory facts based on previous Dominican conduct internationally.
This relates to the post of ingress of foreigners into the DR, as it relates to ingress of Dominicans to other countries.

Some things are connected, even though in a very narrow view they may not appear to be.
Sometimes it may be helpful to see things in a border scope, rather than limiting oneself looking at ones nose.

Strange how some Dominicans living on the outside often defend wrong actions by their own people,
Gringos what do they know?
Point out inefficiencies based on facts, not taking sides.

As a sideline,
In most international airports it is expected that officials speak at lest english as a minimum requirement.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
XQT, NALS was giving an "example" of a conversation nothing more. You however are giving us "Visa requirements for Dominican Citizens" which has nothing to do with this situation at all.
Imaginary conversation:
"
Just for the record, the fact someone is British or from Europe or North America doesn't mean that they should be allowed into the DR.

DR Migración: "Señor, follow me".

Señor: "What? I'm British!"

DR Migración: "Mr, don't waste my time and follow me..."

which has nothing to do with this situation at all.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Imaginary conversation:
"
Just for the record, the fact someone is British or from Europe or North America doesn't mean that they should be allowed into the DR.

DR Migración: "Señor, follow me".

Señor: "What? I'm British!"

DR Migración: "Mr, don't waste my time and follow me..."
I don't blame them. They're cheap and prefer to make Yorkies and overcooked meat at home than go out and contribute to the economy 😂

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Ok, maybe no immigration officer spoke English, but what about the airline personnel that had to be contacted to book the return flight? You would think they would have wanted to know why and could have gotten an answer.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Ok, maybe no immigration officer spoke English, but what about the airline personnel that had to be contacted to book the return flight? You would think they would have wanted to know why and could have gotten an answer.
They certainly got their knickers in a bunch!

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
yea, but if they are going

Sure deny entry but do it at the other end before she gets on the aircraft.

The US and UK daily deny entry to tens maybe hundreds of people who have visas or are able to fly there. And these people are sent back home. This doesn't happen very often in DR but the final border control decisions are always taken at the border itself not before boarding.

I wonder whether she ticked something strange on the ETicket? They have English speaking staff at Punta Cana it's weird that they didn't find someone to talk to her and explain the problem.

Someone definitely screwed up here. The one thing the DR authorities hate most is wall to wall coverage in newspapers about tourists running into trouble.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
She never pulled the "I'm British!" card, she just wanted to know why they refused entry. Most of your replies are informative but sometimes you're just a lambon 🤣

A lambon means a brown-nose. Someone who has their head up someone else's butt. That's how I hear it being used anyway. I don't think that's what you're trying to say here

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
One would think there would be an English-speaking immigration official at an airport where hundreds of thousands of English-speaking tourists arrive and depart.

Trust me they do. One of my friends was pulled as they thought he had drugs in his suitcase. He was spoken to be one of the managers at the airport who.spoke completely fluent English. That place is buzzing with staff who are bilingual. It's a screw up and I am sure someone will be getting a severe roasting over it

• Haha

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Maybe it’s another result of Brexit lol. Restricted international travel

• Haha
Reactions: Gadfly

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A lambon means a brown-nose. Someone who has their head up someone else's butt. That's how I hear it being used anyway. I don't think that's what you're trying to say here
It also means a person who scarfs down everything, 'licks the plate clean'

Status
Not open for further replies.