engineerfg

ParlezVous.aspx

jaja! :)
sooooo true!!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I headquarter in Washington DC. I am no tourist. I didn't say "give" your money away, I said "run out of money". Big difference.

They're one and the same. If I run out of money how would I know who my real friends are unless I had been giving people money or buying them drinks or whatnot? You are implying that once the money is gone so too are the fair weather friends.

As far as being a "tourist" the defintion would be a person who lives one place that goes to another to vacation.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
"God bless the child..."

They're one and the same. If I run out of money how would I know who my real friends are unless I had been giving people money or buying them drinks or whatnot? You are implying that once the money is gone so too are the fair weather friends.

As far as being a "tourist" the defintion would be a person who lives one place that goes to another to vacation.

I'm always working.

tballerina

Aug 20, 2009
Dominicans hate Americans because...

of the ignorant things Americans say about Dominicans and other cultures. I read some of the stuff in this forum and I don't recognize myself. I visit my family in DR every couple of years and I experience "normal life:" My family members taking their children to soccer practice, karate, piano lessons, the orthodontist, the movies; deciding which school to send them to, planning their vacations. Of course there are the negative things that we all know, awful driving, bad electricity, corrupt leaders, pot holes... but it seems to me that the people who write in this forum only hang out at "colmados," and ride "motoconchos." If that's what you do, what do you expect? Has anyone hung out around around the pawn shop neighborhoods of American cities? That's what "colmados" remind me of. Anyway, my point is that there are different perspectives depending on the places and people that you are connected to. I have been an expat in Europe and in South America and it's the same conversation everywhere, expats blabing about how awful their host country is and how much better life is in the US. Then what are you doing there? Go back and be happy.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
of the ignorant things Americans say about Dominicans and other cultures. ........ I have been an expat in Europe and in South America and it's the same conversation everywhere, expats blabing about how awful their host country is and how much better life is in the US. Then what are you doing there? Go back and be happy.

I was in complete agreement when you said it the first time. The same conversations that I heard 30 years ago at the square in Cuernavaca is happening on the internet in the DR. Sometimes almost verbatim. The similarities are scary.

RUBIO4U

Apr 1, 2008
Who cares what the man thinks! Enjoy yourself, chances are, you worked all your life and on a pension, or you have scraped all year to be able to afford a much deserved vacation! His problems aren't yours and yours aren't his! Enjoy!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Who cares what the man thinks! Enjoy yourself, chances are, you worked all your life and on a pension, or you have scraped all year to be able to afford a much deserved vacation! His problems aren't yours and yours aren't his! Enjoy!

I like this: His problems aren't yours and yours aren't his! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.