Why?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I thought about my options before responding, Jane J. Perhaps I have read too many posts, but when I read a post like that of Leonardo, someone posting for the first time, I tend to err on the side of not being gullible. All the wheels stay on the Welcome Wagon when we get a post that is clearly from a serious poster.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
jeez ken......

who died and made you the expert on dominican life? do you own this site? can people not write their shit if they wish to without asking for his royal asse's permission?

even if he is not a 'serious poster' (or maybe an OVERDONE POSTER since you probably think, live and breath this forum judging from the number you have posted)... why not take a chill pill and let people enjoy it. if people are not serious or sock puppets or whatever it is... let it be! our lives don't depend on this site... we're just here to have fun.... remember that part???

on a final note ken. just wondering if you are dominican yourself since you seem to know so much about dominican culture and people.

L

leonardo1267

Well, let me tell you Kent, that I am 100% dominican, born and raise in Sabana Grande de Boya, provincia Monte Plata, Dominican Republic. I think I know a little bit the dominican idiosyncrasy and everything I say was just to let people from others culture know, why most dominican men don't stay with foreigners for a long time. I am not saying that this cultural behavior is right, I just saying how the dominican men think, of course there is maybe a 20% of dominican men that are not like this. for the dominican men having a lady from another culture as a lover or wife is just a symbol of status, as having a jeepeta or a gun in the waist, we want our friends to see us with a white lady, una "gringa"(anybody with white skin) but in the end with want to be with a dominican for the rest of our life................and Ken, you can test my dominicanhood(its that word right?)Anytime, quiz me about my country if you like in any way you like.
and remember keep it friendly!! my loco!!!
I am sorry let me tell you something else, being married is not stopping me from nothing, but the girl I found is somebody i care a lot, and i love....once for all, and forever I want to do things right with her.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
That rocks Leonardo. What you say about dominicanos and gringas and the status thing is very true for most of the population. Keep talking!

POPGrl

Oct 30, 2002
leonardo1267

Do as you please and follow your heart. Life is too short to be unhappy! Have fun and look out for yourself!

ConfusedNBK

Nov 25, 2002
Lee Lee you made me feel better...actually all of you did. I don't know what happened. He lives here in NY with me, but like the one guy said there are too many maybes. It was good to read everyones opinion and different point of views.

Thanks for all the advice. :)

confusedNBK

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
confused.... when you say he lives in NY with you, that means you guys are still together?

hope that's not the case if he treats you like shit

L

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
In affairs of the heart, it does not matter where you are from. I was madly, MADLY in love with an African-American woman from Ohio; never cheated on her. No way, no chance. I started believeing that God had put her on my path. Man, was I lucky!
But guess who betrayed who? You got it...she did.
And that's too bad, for I have become cynical in all things love. And that goes for my Dominican beauties, too. Dominican women WILL cheat, if given the chance. I'll take my chances, but I will not be surprised if and when it happens.
Lately, I've been thinking about traveling to Ethiopia, and finding me a sexy babe that would learn how to cook "locrio", "moro" y "habichelas con dulce".

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
leonardo1267 said:
for the dominican men having a lady from another culture as a lover or wife is just a symbol of status, as having a jeepeta or a gun in the waist, we want our friends to see us with a white lady, una "gringa"(anybody with white skin) but in the end with want to be with a dominican for the rest of our life.

Leornardo, if speaking of men in the Dominican Republic than I would agree with you but I would be cautious about saying the same about Dominican men in the states (I am talking about educated & professional men).

I myself have made it no secret that I rarely find myself attracted to a Dominican women and it has nothing to do with skin color or social status. I tend to date a lot of "gringas" because I have generally found that they are more open minded and accepting of my culture than a Dominican women would be to opening up to my "gringo" friends. Then again, maybe I haven't just met the right Dominicana to awake that passion in me.

...just my two pennies.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Here is my 2cents$$$$

Look I have the same problem as your man. No woman can keep my attention all the time. I wish I could get hooked on one really good so I can save some money, but I just can't.

I am the kind of guy that after 3 strikes, I get bored...you get that!!! Maybe AZB can explain.

But here is my personal thing. I keep my interest in difficult women. The hard to get type, but the one who give you an inch of you know what, and then dissappear. You want some more, but they get difficult. I hate women who are "pegajosas". Dominican women tend to fall in love easily and become very "empalagosas". They want to kiss you 24 hours a day. They love to embrace. I am kind of cold to that idea. I like to kiss when action takes place...know whatImean? Embracing...oh yeah with you hooked to my fifth extremity.

Maybe tu eres muy empalagosa mujer. Dejate de eso. Try giving him a little jealousy with another guy. Play the game. Dominicans like excitement. Exotic women. lots of flash, short skirts. I am different.I like women with tattoos, even though AZB doesn't. I like them right on the back by the hip. You know Lisa M the Puerto Rican rapper? She has one that starts at her belly button and goes down to her you know what pointing like an arrow. When she wears those hip down jeans, you just want to follow the direction of the tattoo. That's my kind of girl. Bien puta y sabrosa. Dejate de pendejaaaa!

TW

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Golo has the right idea,variety is the spice of life,I personally enjoy the hunt and chase so much more than the kill,its too easy to get laid with ladies looking for husbands and believe me theres a shit load of them on the Island give me someone who makes me court her anyday to one who drops her pants at the drop of a hat.BTW I loooove tattoos on ladies when they are in discreet spots and I can lick them:bandit:
Johnny

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Johnny" you can "lick" all the "Tatoos" you want!

.....someday I'll show you some "SPOTS" that makes the LADIES much happier when you lick them!CRIS