Winter Wonderland in Santo Domingo!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Super Mercados National" has a promo going on right now.
Buy any product from any three of the sponsoring companies, and get a 25% discount on tickets.
Don't know if it's per ticket, or for all tickets????
I think I'll wait until next year.
Never know how the "Events" will actually turn out.
"Iguana Park",(Amusement Rides") on Luperon, across from "JUMBO",for example, reduces ticket prices about 50% after 3 Kings Day", and NO CROWDS!
It ALWAYS better to take a "Wait & See" attitude in the DR!!!!
If you want to have an "Outing" in SD, take your family to the "Jardin Botanico", it's, VERY cheap, and a fantastic place to see.
Pack a "Picnic Basket", and find a shady spot to sit around the parking lot.
I used to take my two girls tricycles and they rode in a secluded corner of the lot.
Other kids parent always said how beautiful my "Gran Daughters ate!!!
When the "Tram" gets to the deepest area of the forest, it's about 10 degrees cooler!
The "Japanese Garden" area is breath taking!!!!
REALLY!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2012
Criss, thanks for these tips. A couple of years my brother took his girlfriend to the botanical garden in SD. He showed me the pictures, they're really beautiful. I'll be paying them a visit. Is anyone going to the Winter Wonderland in SD during the last weekend? I want to go, if anyone can get bulk prices for tickets, we can divide the price up. I'll need at least 3 tickets. Let me know!

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
So, WinterWonderland Has extended until Jan. 7, 2013, has anybody gone to report back, I got a couple days off and want to know if it's worth it to take the kids, ages 4, 6, 6 & 10?????

Well has anybody been that can report back how it is, please?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You mean "WAS!"
It Melted!!"
"No Hay Luz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

as i said before, CC, you need some serious time on a couch, with a guy , or lady, asking questions! only you can think of the things you say!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They are feverishly search for a very long extension cord as we "speak"!!!!!!
Any one with one that can reach Miami is urged to call "EDESUR"
Speak to the "Wachi", everyone else is out til after Jan. 7th. WAAAY After!
CCCCC
I am UNDER therapy right now!
Psycho Sexual therapy that is!
Getting pleany of quality "Couch Time", under a very lovely "Therapist".
If you need some "therapy" yourself, she "Hangs her Shingle", on "Pedro C" in Sosua.

niknak

Dec 12, 2008
Went with the whole gang. All our kids and a bunch of "nieces and nephews"
They loved it. It really is for kids. Though the parents enjoyed it also. It was chilly, the dominican kids were freezing. They loved everything - they didn't want to leave. Way overpriced for the average local. If you can afford it, take 'em. Final verdict, very pleasant 3 hours.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Was nothing to do with power problems ha ha, basically they didnt make anywhere near what they thought they were and couldnt pay the chemical engiineers producing the snow and in turn couldnt continue to pay me for the aerial artists, we had to go there at the weekend only to have the man who was responsible for putting on the event on his knees in front of us crying as couldnt pay the bill, we had to pull our artists from the event and as far as i could see many of the suppliers had already packed up and left.

Anyway yes the doors are closed, shame really as actually was a very good event, just too pricey for the average family to afford and in my opinion if there are no naked girls or beer the average dominican isnt interested.