Women only forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Can we have a women only forum please as all this testosterone and arguing and nastiness is doing my head in.

Thank you

Matilda

Matilda, that is really not the problem. People are not good listeners, readers or do many reply to question posed. In this age of the internet many want their vioce to be heard and think their opinion is the only one that counts. There is little common courtesy and many on this web-site love to hijack various threads. You would think that some would be embarassed by their behavior but again if it's on-line they feel they can say almost anything and really not take ownership of it. I do feel sorry for many who ask legitimate questions and are looking for helpful info and receive neither. On the other hand some people tell their story and open themselves up to ridicul and criticism because the info they are telling us makes little sense. If you are going to ask help for a personal problem than you are opening yourself up to all those who want to pile on. Simply, it's a two way street but many want it only one way. I think that if the moderators made more of an effort to keep responders on point this macho nastiness would be minimized. It's a long day for some in the DR and they have nothing but time on their hands so consequently this is the way the conversation evolves. Good luck trying to change hearts and minds.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I cannot say I know the sex of many posters but I find it a stretch to think that ALL malicious posts are male generated.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
For the sake of equality I propose making OT the Gentlemen's forum - who would notice the difference?

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I do like the idea and would be a willing participant until the nastyness starts then I back off and just watch.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
For the sake of equality I propose making OT the Gentlemen's forum - who would notice the difference?

The only reason this is a male/female perceived issue by Matilida is that there are more men throwing around their testosterone. If everyone kept in mind that it is just not "all about me" there would be a less confrontational discussion. Although, most want this to be more like WWF and not a debate. That's what this on-line world has evolved into....the survival of the unfit.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think it's pretty funny that about 18 men have posted in this thread. Can't help themselves? :laugh:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I like the idea :)

Women can be nasty but that is not the point,I am sure there are plenty of issues female expat may want to discuss for example and that are of no interest to men on this board, just like the resident only forum.

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks for all of the input. Robert has agreed we can go for it so I just need to get my act in gear and set it up (with help from the female mods I hope). Watch this space ladies.

Matilda

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I don't really like this idea but if you create it, I'll read it just like the rest and comment when appropriate. Unfortunately, I don't post often enough to get to read the Off Topic forum and haven't ever requested to join the Resident forum. I might be missing out?

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Can we have a women only forum please as all this testosterone and arguing and nastiness is doing my head in.

Thank you

Matilda

Don't read all the forums Matilda, it's that simple. I guess you have gone through menopause or have not started yet. Woman can be pretty nasty also, just not as crude as man.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I think its a great idea. (make that 19 men) Us guys can sit back and watch a whole different perspective. Its not like we listen to our wives so hearing a female point of view might be refreshing from time to time.

And if I ever get to be king of the world I will have a only white male, under 6' tall, neck as red as a coke machine forum as well. Hell I might even make it a club. Sort of like a old school golf club but without the stupid clothes. You know before women learned how to golf lol

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
So the ladies get to talk about non DR related stuff in their private forum? or do the same rules apply as in all other forums with the exception of Off Topic?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So the ladies get to talk about non DR related stuff in their private forum? or do the same rules apply as in all other forums with the exception of Off Topic?

If you read the first post you will see its DR related.

Sorry I mean post number 6

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If you read the first post you will see its DR related.

Sorry I mean post number 6

There is NO post #6 in the Just for the ladies Forum. The opening topic in the Just for the Ladies Forum is about menopause. Surely menopause is not only DR related.

AnnaC your comment is about this Living forum, I am speaking about the Just for the Ladies Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.