You have probably heard this a thousand times...but

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Go to Sosua, I am sure there is girl there that will pretend to be what you want without you breaking the bank.

On a side note, men who complain about gold-diggers can't afford them. If there weren't women who are willing to enter into transactional relationships it would take a lot of the fun out been rich. As a 63 year old guy who likes them young, your problem wasn't the gold-diggers but insufficient gold.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I am considering retiring in the DR. My story:

I am 63 years old, look and act 50. Am a SCUBA diving instructor and ride a Harley. I have a Masters degree in Business and have been working on my Ph.D. on-line. I have a secure fixed income of $4,200 USD/month with no bills. ........ plus I am fed up with the gold digging American women.
P.S. I do not speak Spanish, but guess I could learn without much trouble.

Las Vegas Guy,

Pack for an 8 week stay. Someplace like LaRomana would be a nice start. Check out the South Coast beach resort areas. The SCUBA instructor qualification may land you a nice little part time gig to get your feet wet (socially). Take time to travel to different places (1 or 2 day trips), comparing them to where you're staying. Bring Rosetta Stone with you.

If you like your experiences during that time you will want to plan your resident status. You probably won't need a lot of personal stuff during that period but you can take a trip back home to get your affairs there in order if you decide that this is what you really want to do.

Come back, do the legal residency thing and start your own dive school. Keep riding your Harley. You don't want to send the wrong message with a Benz. Live your life the way if feels most comfortable to you. You will meet many women. That's just the way it is. Some you will get along with well. One you will get along with more than the others. Life just seems to work like that.

Good Luck and remember to enjoy the process. The outcome will take care of itself.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Danm, I'm only 48 and I was thinking that I'm old.

JJ

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Go to Sosua, I am sure there is girl there that will pretend to be what you want without you breaking the bank.

On a side note, men who complain about gold-diggers can't afford them. If there weren't women who are willing to enter into transactional relationships it would take a lot of the fun out been rich. As a 63 year old guy who likes them young, your problem wasn't the gold-diggers but insufficient gold.

a. Disagree, just because you can buy a $120,000 S-class Mercedes doesnt mean you pay sticker price for it.

b. You can decide to pay, but that doesnt mean quality. I personally prefer quantity.

c. And besides, who wants to hear "Gimme" or "I need..." all the time?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Las Vegas Guy,

Come back, do the legal residency thing and start your own dive school. Keep riding your Harley. You don't want to send the wrong message with a Benz. Live your life the way if feels most comfortable to you. You will meet many women. That's just the way it is. Some you will get along with well. One(Say what now????) you will get along with more than the others. Life just seems to work like that.

Good Luck and remember to enjoy the process. The outcome will take care of itself.

Well, there you go again with the monogamy. Shucks...

Willowtears

Dec 17, 2009
Well, there you go again with the monogamy. Shucks...

Well, who needs monogomy? we are all animals anyway...what we need is someone to balance us! Society and religion have forced us to live monogomous and tortures ourselves...Many men and women truly believe they are in possesion of their partners and that are supposed to stay in love forever, not true...that's mad thinking. That's why we need balance in order to keep our thoughts and feelings organized.

Our fate is not written in stone.

I hope Vegas guy finds someone that loves and respect him for whom he is, not what he can give her. Don't misunderstand what I am saying,we love to be swept of our feet, we love expensive dinners, jewerly and some sort of financial support. But it's wrong, wrong, wrong when a women is always expecting a men to take care of her. I hate to admit it, but Dominican women in DR and in the US are extreme gold-diggers! He should give himself time to socialize and grasp the real thing.