La Sirena Opening in Sosua -Confirmed. List of Items You Want To Buy

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Why would they open a La Sirena in Sosua when they have one in PP? I have to see this to believe it will happen.

If you are a gambling man SKY put your money with cccccccccccccccccc, he will hold the bets, but provide your ppal email acct with Robert and I will mine. I bet you $100 you are WRONG.......money where your mouth is...typing finger, well you were always good at using your finger, the rest is dead, so prob your challenge is defunct too.

Next

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Careful now. If it is close to Sea Horse Ranch it could be in Cabarete and not Sosua.

How are you,, I am so glad you are still around. I remember your post last November when you posted you thought La Sirena might be opening in Cabarete close to that German restaurant off the beaten tracks and I had to bite my tongue not to reply (quite tough for a woman eh LOL), but I was sworn to secrecy until all was confirmed

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you are a gambling man SKY put your money with cccccccccccccccccc, he will hold the bets, but provide your ppal email acct with Robert and I will mine. I bet you $100 you are WRONG.......money where your mouth is...typing finger, well you were always good at using your finger, the rest is dead, so prob your challenge is defunct too.

Next

My dear Gambling is what I do for a living. Let's make it interesting, $1000 US says they are not open in Sosua by Jan.1,2013. We can let Robert hold the money if he agrees.

Or even better Eddy in Sosua can hold it. I have an account with him. NEXT.....................

Last edited:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
apparently they want to be up and running by the end of the year, so you might want to reconsider the bet. ...I know the person who sold the land to them

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
apparently they want to be up and running by the end of the year, so you might want to reconsider the bet. ...I know the person who sold the land to them

I have been in this country a long time. What they want and when it is completed are two different entities. My bet stands, $1,000 US it is not open to the public Jan.1,2013. Waiting for Ladybird or anyone else that wants it.

Last edited:

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
My dear Gambling is what I do for a living. Let's make it interesting, $1000 US says they are not open in Sosua by Jan.1,2013. We can let Robert hold the money if he agrees.

Or even better Eddy in Sosua can hold it. I have an account with him. NEXT.....................

Are you tryn to buy the pot??

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
where the silver caravan is for sale , I presume it will be a mini-sirena
ok, so nowhere near Sea-horse then.

And is this such a great thing? I know it might be good personally for us shoppers but it cant be good for all the local shopkeepers.
I know in the UK that the opening of big supermarkets has been crippling for local businesses and i suspect it will be the same here. Playero i have less sympathy for, but the Sosua supermercado opposite Edenorte will surely suffer

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, la sirena has small stores too. cabarete/sosua cannot support large store like the one in POP and familia ramos does not do bad investments.
and since we are on this subject a little bird told me that plaza lama purchased land in POP, allegedly. i can't see room for another supermarket in the city, thou...

joseafer

Mar 12, 2012
www.thef1.com
?'m not sure sirena's owners may invest right there cause many reasons, but may it be, who knows, just can i say would be very risky for their big pop store

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
La Sirena

I first heard about this a few months ago from the owners of the new clinic in Sosua.
Grupo Ramos had purchased the land just outside Sosua on the road to Cabarete near Sea Horse Ranch.

When I was in La Sirena in POP the other day I spoke with the Senior Buyer, as I was preordering some stuff, and he confirmed that it was true and they are aiming for an opening date in December in time for next Christmas. When I asked are you hopeful or are you sure? he confirmed that it would happen because La Sirenas' Contractors, usually meet their construction/completion targets.

I also asked him if he could start selling imported foods from the UK, as most are imported from the US. He said he would discuss this with the Head buyers in S.D. but asked me for a list and if there would be many customers interested in purchasing them. I explained that now City Market is no longer under British ownership, but Russian, and may now only supply Russian goods.

So of any of you are interested, please provide a list of foods/treats you would like them to stock.

This is what I have given him so far, as they seem the most popular;

HP Brown Sauce
Marmite
Bovril
Heinz Baked Beans
Daily Milk Chocolate
Gravy
Meat Spread

If you can think of any more, please C & P list above and add to it ASAP, as there are usually delays of receiving imported goods. This is not confirmed by him that they will sell them, but he has promised he will try if the demand is great enough.

This is sure to kill competitors like Playero, Janets, & City Market, whose prices were ridiculouly high and getting worse week by week, as many of you have probably noticed

HP Brown Sauce
Marmite
Bovril
Heinz Baked Beans
Daily Milk Chocolate
Gravy
Meat Spread
Heinz salad cream
Jacobs cream crackers
Ryvita Crispbreads
Branston pickle
Walkers crisps
Elnett hairspray
Poppodums
Selfraising flour
Sultanas
Oxo
Heinz Sandwich spread
Tinned grapefruit
Dried marrow peas
Chinese produce
Indian produce

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Weetabix
Crumpets
Hobnobs
Mincemeat (for making fruit cake and pies)
Puff pastry
Sausage rolls
Cornish pasties
Scotch eggs

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
HP Brown Sauce
Marmite
Bovril
Heinz Baked Beans
Daily Milk Chocolate
Gravy
Meat Spread
Heinz salad cream
Jacobs cream crackers
Ryvita Crispbreads
Branston pickle
Walkers crisps
Elnett hairspray
Poppodums
Selfraising flour
Sultanas
Oxo
Heinz Sandwich spread
Tinned grapefruit
Dried marrow peas
Chinese produce
Indian produce
British, right?

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003
I'd be surprized if they could build anything that big in this country before the end of the year!!LOL!!