You give begging people your money?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"DOG" you are forgetting lesson, "Chip 101"!
He NEVER met a Dominican that wan't the "Salt-Of-The-Earth"!
Second, I you say "White", he says "Black"!
The day he gets "Mugged", he will post about how "Nicely" he was robbed, and then tell us that things are "MUCH Worse" in the USA!
Don't waste your time, he "Drank The Koolade", read:"Presidente"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
When I was a small boy, sometimes people who came to visit our home would want to give me, or my sisters, a "Dime", or even a "Quarter"!
My parents would never allow us to take the money.
AND, I REALLY wanted the money!
They would tell us that you should never accept money for no reason, you have to work for it!
That lesson stayed with me for a long time. I then taught it to my first child.
I don't have to teach my kids here, to not accept money that is, the "work" part yes, because nobody offers money here.
Now that I'm retired, I have changed my philosophy.
Obama told me that I am "Entitled", so I accept MY ENTITLEMENTS!!!!
See what happens when you give people "Free Money"????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

J.D. Rockefeller gave away dimes to strangers almost every day in his final years; that dime's monetary equivalent these days is around $1.50, or around 50 pesos.

I'm curious, though.

When I lived in Sosua there were gringos that begged me for money as well as Dominicans. The gringos, of course, were more justified in their begging because they were the same race as me, and they asked for thousands of pesos instead of 10. There were also gringos willing to deceive others for goods or services in order to put money in their own pocket.

And, there were run of the mill Dominicans and Haitians who had no problem asking a gringo for money, but they would never ask a Dominican for money.

The day I wear a shirt that states that I give away money is the day you'll get a handout from me, but even then it will only be in the language on the shirt.

Lot of Rockefellers live in DR, it seems. Guess it makes you feel good. I don't feel guilty at all.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
I want to give money to crackheads !

But first I ask one question, and they have to answer honestly.
I ask them: "Is it for buying drugs? "
If their answer is: "No"
I don't give them anything. ;)

Giving to kids however......
I'd rather give 10 kids 5 peso, than buy a beer.
The smiles on their faces and the excitement, just beats getting drunk.;)

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
How many pesos were fought over the day the Haitian shoe shine boy was filleted with a bottle?

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
How many pesos were fought over the day the Haitian shoe shine boy was filleted with a bottle?

Don't take my comment out of context please!
My wife is loco with kids.
When eating on the beach she always manages to make sure one or two of the shoe shine kids gets a meal too!
She will even share her camaronas !!
Chicken I'm not sure she will share. ;)!

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
I'm not taking anything out of context, brother. Ask the killer of that Haitian shoe shine boy, who is another shoe shine boy, how many pesos a life is worth, and how many meals he shared with a gringo or his wife. You know what I want to say, but can't. Tell your wife about the filleted shoe shine boy while she feeds the next boy bait.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I'm not taking anything out of context, brother. Ask the killer of that Haitian shoe shine boy, who is another shoe shine boy, how many pesos a life is worth, and how many meals he shared with a gringo or his wife. You know what I want to say, but can't. Tell your wife about the filleted shoe shine boy while she feeds the next boy bait.

What is your point here? you seem to be babbling on a different frequency!

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
How do you mend a bleeding heart?

You don't. If giving to beggars makes you feel good, do it! I simply see it as mutual exploitation. Poor people see gold in every gringo's eye. Gringos take delight and feel special when they give a few pesos to a dirty, outstretched hand. It's a voluntary business, begging.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011

Sorry you feel that way BD.
I'm not sure why you think, that I or my wife would be responsible for the death of a shoe shine boy !!!
Haven't been near your bussiness for 2 years, and now I'm sure I'll stay of your beach for sure !
Not just because a little boy died, but your accusing people at random too !

No need to reply !!!

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
I have no business in DR. Just remember...the smaller the kid, the bigger the whoopin' they get after you leave by the bigger kids who want their share. If it's a big kid, then an adult will take it from them. There's nothing new under the sun.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
I have no business in DR. Just remember...the smaller the kid, the bigger the whoopin' they get after you leave by the bigger kids who want their share. If it's a big kid, then an adult will take it from them. There's nothing new under the sun.

Apparently you've never been in a barrio where everybody knows your name.
Kids can run off with my cinco to buy something in the colmado!!
And no nobody is gonna rip it from them !! CAPICE !?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011

You've been watching too much TV, turn off and come and join the real world. Street kids stay on their patch and look after each other in general, once in a while someone will get killed when someone has too much glue and goes nuts with the world but it isn't a regular thing so why say it is. You seem like a bit of a drama queen to be honest.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
To me the ultimate craziness of loving animals are those mostly childless women who refer to themselves as a dog's or a cat's Mommy. Can't get much sicker than that as far as I am concerned.
Der Fish

Oh yeh, there are some real loons about. These women who dress their dogs up in human styled clothes and feed them chocolate cake to the point of obesity, salon weekly and dog psychologists monthly to sort out their stress issues and the psychic once in a while to read the dogs mind. It would be funny if it probably wasn't so cruel and confusing for the dog.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Oh yeh, there are some real loons about. These women who dress their dogs up in human styled clothes and feed them chocolate cake to the point of obesity, salon weekly and dog psychologists monthly to sort out their stress issues and the psychic once in a while to read the dogs mind. It would be funny if it probably wasn't so cruel and confusing for the dog.

You especially should know that giving a dog a chocolate, is not about loving the animal !!
If you wonna send your dog to the next level give it a lot of chocolate, and dig a hole ;)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You especially should know that giving a dog a chocolate, is not about loving the animal !!
If you wonna send your dog to the next level give it a lot of chocolate, and dig a hole ;)

It is common knowledge that giving a dog chocolate/sugar and any artificial additive is a killer, that is what is so insane with these people who do it for love, they know, but they continue, which really does prove it is not about the animals, it is all about them.
Saying all this I had a boxer that ate household cleaning products regularly, from toilet duck to Mr Sheen wipes and dish washer tablets and lived to 16, which is unheard of for this breed specifically, boxers rarely make it past 10 or 11.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
To me the ultimate craziness of loving animals are those mostly childless women who refer to themselves as a dog's or a cat's Mommy. Can't get much sicker than that as far as I am concerned.
Der Fish

There was a co worker who had 2 ferrets,a dog and 2 cats.She used to tell us at work how her "children"ate
out of her cereal bowl at the same time she did.Well,later on we found out she was referring to her
pets!And she was wondering why nobody ate her german chocolate cake she baked one year for the
annual employee Christmas party! Most likely she let her "children" lick the frosting! lol!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A friend of my parents takes her dog with her everywhere. She was having cake at a friend's house and when she finished it she gave the plate to the dog to lick clean, to the horror of her hosts.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I'm guilty of allowing the dogs to clean my plate, but I would never do it as a guest anywhere. I never get the horror of this, do people not clean their plates properly afterwards or something, no big deal for me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Der Fish
ha ha ha, come on! even miesposo calls out to our dogs come to papa when he needs to give them medicine...
there is pet mama attitude and simple affection expressed in who's your daddy?