Massage Parlors In Sosua Closed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you're welcomed. personally i do not feel the need to mingle with the locals nor any responsibility for them. i am better off in a gated community.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You see? There's the rub. You consider the Expat like you and me as being the "restless natives". The Dominicans see you as the intruder that changed their lives and don't like it. YOU "the gorgon" are NOT a "native" no matter how long you have lived here. I've never tried to insult the Dominicans by trying to be a "native", restless or not. I'm a legal guest in this country that respects the laws and Dominican people as best that I can and fit in.

With the cultural and economic changes, the "restless natives" that are Dominican have change their view of Expats in general that effects everyone.

go read my posting again, really slowly, and see if you understand it. the tenor of my posting is that the restless natives are the Dominicans.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Stop with the quarreling-this isn't about any of you.

The latest report states that Peter from Passion's is being held for three months. The decision by the judge is being appealed.

I noticed, from photos posted all over the internet, that Peter must have been making a killing judging from the extent of the renovations. That is a lot of money that just went down the drain if he can't get out and resume business.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not really. Once these chicas get a load of the "menu" and what Peter charges the customers for services THEY provide, the chicas get it in their heads that this is what they can charge if they go independent.

They are not allowed to see clients during their off-time or set up off-campus rendezvous for personal gain. In other words, they cannot make money in the sex industry in Sosua independent of Peter if they work for him.

Some of these girls get it in thier heads that they can make 4, 5, 6 thousand pesos per customer hustling from a bar as an independent. When they see they cannot, many just go back home to wherever Peter's wife recruits them from, which the majority of the time is the campos and barrios of Santiago.

That would be Pimping. Peter the Pimp is not Permitted to Promote Putas.

At least for the moment.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
go easy on Bwana Ringo. you have to see his side. he was comfortable in his colony, and now some restless natives are becoming unruly, and disturbing his quietude and well-being. what's a guy to do?

He closed the drawbridge and is punishing the peasants by dining in his castle.
Let them eat cake!!!
It's about his comfort and investments.......... maybe he bet on the wrong burro???

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
That would be Pimping. Peter the Pimp is not Permitted to Promote Putas.

At least for the moment.

I don't understand why the authorities are suddenly up in arms over how he run his business, seeing as he's been at it for so long. This has all the makings of a shakedown.

As for the charges he's facing, I'm sure his website isn't going to help if it's introduced as evidence of the type of activities they want to nail him for.

If Peter's in jail for the next three months, does this mean he's in the prison in Puerto Plata? I've heard the conditions there are just like La Victoria in Santo Domingo. Not good.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
If Peter's in jail for the next three months, does this mean he's in the prison in Puerto Plata? I've heard the conditions there are just like La Victoria in Santo Domingo. Not good.

[video=youtube_share;eM0xw1nKsHw]http://youtu.be/eM0xw1nKsHw[/video]

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't understand why the authorities are suddenly up in arms over how he run his business, seeing as he's been at it for so long. This has all the makings of a shakedown.

As for the charges he's facing, I'm sure his website isn't going to help if it's introduced as evidence of the type of activities they want to nail him for.

A shakedown, maybe, but to get out of jail and the country, not to reopen Passions.

He has undoubtedly been paying local authorities to keep Passions in operation for as long as he has. Now local police have had that option taken from them by higher authorities. The old mayor is gone and the new mayor and director of tourism have the ear of the president.

But there is still the option of a final big payoff. Getting out of jail and the country.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A shakedown, maybe, but to get out of jail and the country, not to reopen Passions.

He has undoubtedly been paying local authorities to keep Passions in operation for as long as he has. Now local police have had that option taken from them by higher authorities. The old mayor is gone and the new mayor and director of tourism have the ear of the president.

But there is still the option of a final big payoff. Getting out of jail and the country.

Ken, i respectfully ask for your feedback on this question

do you believe that because the Mayor is a woman, and quite possibly empathizes with the plight of poor Dominican campesinas, the hammer could have come down upon Peter because of her? maybe she saw something higher than payoff, as opposed to a male Dominican, who sees women largely as objects of sex and money?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
first there was boca chica, then sosua. look for las terrenas, galeras or samana to become the next "sex paradise". a new airport with flights now from jfk for all the homies plus international flights.

get out now, the writing is on the wall.....

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
La Passions Bar in Sos?a has been closed by the Attorney General’s office in Puerto Plata in connection with a criminal investigation into allegations of human trafficking. The business was closed in a raid on Sunday night, and the news came this morning when newspapers in the Dominican Republic published a press release from the office of the Attorney General.

According to the press release, 32 women were obligated to prostitute themselves at Passio’s Bar, located in the province of Puerto Plata. The raid was executed by the Procuradur?a Especializada Contra el Tr?fico Il?cito de Migrantes y Trata de Personas in conjunction with the Procuradur?a Fiscal de Puerto Plata. At the time the owner of the bar, along with his wife and business partner were taken into police custody.

Police collected evidence, which includes work schedules, records of entry and exit representing transactions with clients, condoms, uniforms, and receipts for fines charged to girls who failed to obey club rules. Police also collected digital cameras and cell phones.

Initial reports on an Internet forum suggested the closure had been made by the Ministry of Tourism. However, this is incorrect as such an executive branch agency would lack legal authority to take suspects into custody, seize evidence and bring criminal charges. The sign clearly reads, Ministerio P?blico which is a part of the judicial branch of government and is the Dominican equivalent of an Attorney General or State Prosecutor in the United States.

Although the Ministerio P?blico participated in the recent closure of illicit massage parlors in Sos?a, that event did not result in any criminal charges and was organized by the Ministry of Tourism, which exercised its authority to close businesses that lacked the proper business permit. Action taken this week at La Passions in Sos?a is likely to have more lasting consequences, given the seriousness of the charges presented in the judicial press release. Of course the club owner has yet to tell his side of the story, and can be expected to mount a vigorous defense to the charges.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
And things were so simple back then?

[video=youtube_share;b8lMGFy3Fc4]http://youtu.be/b8lMGFy3Fc4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.