Massage Parlors In Sosua Closed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I think pimps are the target.

Not if you read the past articles. They said they were going after all sources that relate to prostitution. Also 3 weeks ago a Dominican newspaper reported that 3 guys had been arrested in Santo Domingo for trying to pick up some chicas.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Not if you read the past articles. They said they were going after all sources that relate to prostitution. Also 3 weeks ago a Dominican newspaper reported that 3 guys had been arrested in Santo Domingo for trying to pick up some chicas.

Was that for Sosua? I think this is a local plan from the minister of tourism there, but I could be wrong.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Right! btw did anyone hear if DJ Mac Daddy and his boyz got out without a huge fine?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I'm NOT going to read how this hurts/saves/kills/ or whatever. So I have not read nor care to read all the various posts ... that add up to very little in the long run.

How about a rethink? How many of us have heard about a quality Spa? Google for yourself.

Lots of room for a quality SPA that works for everyone. Whole towns have been changed with such concepts and business booms. Hotels, shopping, tourist stuff and shopping.

Lots of space available in Sosua. Lots of opportunity. What goes on behind closed doors is no ones business.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i have one question for guys like Ringo; where do you think the girls from Sosua should ply their trade?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i don't care! Not my problem! I don't care!

here is the deal; these girls are Dominicans. this is the land of their birth. if making money by way of prostitution is their only current method, and they choose to do it in Sosua, then where do you, as a foreigner, get off trying to displace and dispatch them? i mean, is this 2013, or 1913? i thought colonialism was over, at least in most countries. someone is going to get burned in this contretemps. either it will be people like you, who are well heeled, and have invested money here, or Dominican girls, who are poor, and who lack the wherewithal to support their families by other means. what makes you so special that people who were born here should be put under the gun, so as to facilitate your comfort in life?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

This is where you fail to understand the realities of the country you have adopted. Does not care about anything but getting his and be damned to the people who get in his way.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

So you come to another country and don't care about the locals.....this is what you are saying. Nice, way to show respect. Remember you are a visitor....maybe it's time to leave. You seem very jaded.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
So you come to another country and don't care about the locals.....this is what you are saying. Nice, way to show respect. Remember you are a visitor....maybe it's time to leave. You seem very jaded.

I came here many years before most of you. I have done more then most of you. I still do more then most of you. Saving expat ho bars is not something I do not want to do.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

go easy on Bwana Ringo. you have to see his side. he was comfortable in his colony, and now some restless natives are becoming unruly, and disturbing his quietude and well-being. what's a guy to do?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I came here many years before most of you. I have done more then most of you. I still do more then most of you. Saving expat ho bars is not something I do not want to do.

and you are still no more Dominican than any of us. and, certainly not more Dominican than the prostitutes. it is still THEIR COUNTRY. NOT YOURS. they can't just go somewhere else. you can.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

Yep, years before most, but you have failed to adapt. You want the same world you came from. You will grow old and bitter trying to change the world.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I seem to get the feeling there is someone in this thread that would be happy if there was no one else in this country, both foreign and Dominican, but so called "nice" expats.

You must conform to our ideals or be gone heathens!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I seem to get the feeling there is someone in this thread that would be happy if there was no one else in this country, both foreign and Dominican, but so called "nice" expats.

You must conform to our ideals or be gone heathens!!

and, ramesses, he gets to decide what constitutes "nice expats". i guess they must have a huge bank account, and at least some valuable beachfront property.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
and, ramesses, he gets to decide what constitutes "nice expats". i guess they must have a huge bank account, and at least some valuable beachfront property.

I'm guessing Seahorse Ranch, Panorama Village or Casa Linda or maybe even Cabarete???? drives an SUV...those high end Toyota ones.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
go easy on Bwana Ringo. you have to see his side. he was comfortable in his colony, and now some restless natives are becoming unruly, and disturbing his quietude and well-being. what's a guy to do?

You see? There's the rub. You consider the Expat like you and me as being the "restless natives". The Dominicans see you as the intruder that changed their lives and don't like it. YOU "the gorgon" are NOT a "native" no matter how long you have lived here. I've never tried to insult the Dominicans by trying to be a "native", restless or not. I'm a legal guest in this country that respects the laws and Dominican people as best that I can and fit in.

With the cultural and economic changes, the "restless natives" that are Dominican have change their view of Expats in general that effects everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.