El Toro Closed By Police

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Another all women are whores type of guy. Good to know how you really feel.

Its called figurative speech, similar to an equation, creative writing. I didn't mean to offend you Madam or anyone you know.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I love it ......
Madam , you are fat - but no offense meant...... just commenting on your appearance in a subjective manner:lick:

This has all the makings for a good weekend...

TTTTTamboooo, where are you??

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I love it ......
Madam , you are fat - but no offense meant...... just commenting on your appearance in a subjective manner:lick:

This has all the makings for a good weekend...

TTTTTamboooo, where are you??

On the beach looking for my future ex-wife.
tambo' prefers a little meat on the bones.

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
All woman are hookers to a degree. Its just how they go about getting paid. Some insist on marriage, house, car and contents. When the guy loses his 200 thousand dollar a year job she rolls out and chaulks it up to "The financial strain was too much" and goes to court and hammers the guy. Some want a 200 dollar diner and drinks, sprinkle in a few gifts 350 dollar shoes a bracelet etc. and lets not forget the power / job seekers. They want a different position (No pun intended) better position or a job period. All get paid to a degree. So I can go into a bar, club,or car wash in Santiago, drive over to Sosua (El toro)and have an experience for a fraction of the long term cost and they even say "I love you" sometimes.
Life is good.

As are all men, to a degree.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
well said,, whatever it was you meant to say,, what school of journalism is that that you attended again?

The bar El toro have security and this 4 young girls enter with a lot of people from the street after the entry of the police. I want to ask the police why there young girl less than 18 inside this street? I known it is the same problem in Boca Chica but all the problem are here, a few money permits a lot of things.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Corrupt Municipality and Large Sea Side Developer is purposely Destroying Sosua Business and Growth! | Nice People Networking

The local Municipality, a large Seaside condominium developer (not Hispaniola) and a shallow minded 'anti sex tourist' association, is gradually forcing small to large businesses to shut down or simply destroying them by throwing the owners in jail! Some of the businesses closed so far are El Colibri Hotel, Passions, Cuba Libre, City Lights, Del Toro Dicoteca. 20+ massage salons and many more. Many other business owners are scared of potentially also being victimized and they are furious on behalf of their already victimized friends who are already out of business or behind bars.

The Authorities are supposedly being bribed by a Large Sea Side Condominium complex Investor, (and possibly by other such Investors) , to make sure that any business in Sosua that could be related to having visits by 'working girls' or 'Sex Tourists', must be shut down, whether this be done by force or by police using dirty tactics framing the owners by planting drugs in their establishments, or by accusing them for dealing with minors. The again increasing amount of police and Military deployed for these purposes are a sad sign of what they are still planning to destroy. The authorities and their shallow minded mob, seem to have the goal of turning Sosua into an innocent yet heavily controlled little beach town, supporting only Family Tourism. What a delusion!

For several decades this town's back bone has largely been the sex tourist, from which it has received Billions of dollars, and through this, it has kept tens of thousands of families alive both locally and nationally (Families that the DR authorities never bothered supporting or educating! Whether you like it or not, prostitution is the families survival and feeds hungry little babies!). So to continue strangling Sosua with weekly attacks on businesses, is like committing 'financial suicide', creating massive unemployment, raising crime, rapes and murders, both to be committed by a desperate public and like experienced so often – mostly by the police themselves! This kind of future 'hell hole', no family would want to come and visit anyway!

They continue to destroy Sosua's reputation with their ongoing interference in humans lives and business through: Allowing police and military to violate both foreigners and Dominicans by blackmailing us for money, ceasing our assets and / or business, manipulating and making threats to how we should run our business, arresting innocent vendors, extorting money from us or our businesses will be attacked and shut down, victimizing us by placing us in jail over crimes never committed and the list goes on.

WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT: Rise up against their evil pursuit, get the name of the police and involve your lawyer if you are harassed, strike, launch video's and write-up's on YouTube, through Facebook, twitter etc, go on TV, give enough people the awareness and get some pressure pushing the other way before it's too late! HELP SAVE SOSUA – UNITED WE STAND – APART WE FALL!

P. S. If the municipality Supported growth of both sex tourism and family tourism (just organised so the two geographical areas don't overlap too much) then when the working girls make plenty of money, then the entrepreneurial ones out of them would soon start small businesses or invest in studying for preferred jobs instead – let society grow! Government is always much more of a hindrance than a help!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I saw that "letter to the editor" some time ago. Tilting at windmills is that Don Quixote. The larger picture is that the DR government is against the world's oldest profession. Not the city of Sosua, but the federal government. You have heard the saying that "You can't fight city hall"? In this case it is the federal government and not city hall that is the enemy of that letter in post 126. To those with that fight, I say good luck with that. It is a losing battle.

CrazyBill

Aug 30, 2013
The local Municipality, a large Seaside condominium developer (not Hispaniola) and a shallow minded 'anti sex tourist' association, is gradually forcing small to large businesses to shut down or simply destroying them by throwing the owners in jail!

All the condominium developers in Sosua (including Hispaniola) are interested in closing all the sex busineses in town. Maybe especially Hispaniola - it has 3 projects positioned as family resorts (2 of them are very big) and the owner of the projects makes money on selling the real estate not renting it out. The sex tourism clients usually rent the facilities and practically never buy. And in this situation when you have clients with chicas on the complex - families with children suffer the most. The owners complain about the "night noise" and renters are thinking of finding another place to stay.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I saw that "letter to the editor" some time ago. Tilting at windmills is that Don Quixote. The larger picture is that the DR government is against the world's oldest profession. Not the city of Sosua, but the federal government. You have heard the saying that "You can't fight city hall"? In this case it is the federal government and not city hall that is the enemy of that letter in post 126. To those with that fight, I say good luck with that. It is a losing battle.

Governments in the DR goes which ever way the bribes are leading them. Governments change...just give it time.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I see that Eddy gave me a "dislike" for asking if the former mayor was the author of the piece posted by Viajero. Was that because Eddy was the author and doesn't like somebody else getting the credit?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I see that Eddy gave me a "dislike" for asking if the former mayor was the author of the piece posted by Viajero. Was that because Eddy was the author and doesn't like somebody else getting the credit?

Ken you are a funny guy, perhaps when all the hooker bars have windows, you can do a set of stand-up comedy, I mean that sincerely. In a few months the entire block of D'Latin / Rumba Bar will be one, they can name it Red Mall, maybe Picha can take pics. Come on, you know it will be business as usual in high season. The new 2014 Monteros are out.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken you are a funny guy, perhaps when all the hooker bars have windows, you can do a set of stand-up comedy, I mean that sincerely. In a few months the entire block of D'Latin / Rumba Bar will be one, they can name it Red Mall, maybe Picha can take pics. Come on, you know it will be business as usual in high season. The new 2014 Monteros are out.

Does your post have something to do with my question?

Or is it just more of your usual chatter?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry Ken, I did not dislike your post. Thanks for bringing to my attention. Don't know what happened on that one. Travelling with my netbook and trying to cope with windows 8 and a touch screen. My bad.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
But I still think that the powers to be are screwing up big time. They will never turn Sosua into a family destination. At least I hope not. I can't see myself walking around saying hello to a bunch of old foggies and their fat ugly wives. ;) ;) ;)

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
You have to adopt yourself. Haiti is not that far away. I'm learning creol. Pretty easy after spanish.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
But I still think that the powers to be are screwing up big time. They will never turn Sosua into a family destination. At least I hope not. I can't see myself walking around saying hello to a bunch of old foggies and their fat ugly wives. ;) ;) ;)

I agree. Who else is going to rent a one bedroom flop house with a stove three feet from the bed and 5 feet from the bathroom. Only the working girls will rent such accommodations. Sosua has those rooms by the thousands (and I think I have been in every one). No tourist would set foot in those flats period. The buildings would have to be gutted or razed.If one wants a sophisticated sanitized experience go to Bermuda or Cayman maybe Casa De campo. Long live Sosua !!!

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Maybe Sosua will again be the promised town for individual tourists. Cheap rooms, individual care.