Swiss Woman Murdered

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
I am going to see if they have, if so then i am going to inform you in funny ways when the next US expat get killed. :p

(Remember to be funny when it happens- OK?!)

Bad taste in this context. Better to say nothing at all.

wbr

Or have I missed the point?

Last edited:

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
Dominicans in San Marcos are saying its the Nephew of her dominican husband. She is known as a nice person, very generous... its very sad

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

This also appeared in El Nacional:

he was found murdered in his apartment with his hands tied

ENRIQUE VARGAS

PUERTO PLATA -. A U.S. was found hanged Tuesday in his apartment at The Mahogany street in this city, police said.

The body of Vacile Antoni, 51, was found by domestic Mar?a Isabel Reyes, a noose, a duct tape on his mouth and his hands tied on his back.

According to the acting coroner, Vacile died of asphyxiation by hanging, but the body was taken to the branch of the National Institute of Forensic Science (Inacif) in Santiago, for purposes of autopsy and determine the real causes of death.

The foreigner residing in an apartment on the third floor of the building The Cachita, The Mahogany Street, Puerto Plata.

According to police, the foreigner left seven letters to their families, and who reportedly suffered from depression due to unspecified issues.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
This sounds like a set up. Regardless of suffering from depression, how was he able
to tie himself? I hope they are not implying suicide.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
This sounds like a set up. Regardless of suffering from depression, how was he able
to tie himself? I hope they are not implying suicide.

my guess is that maybe you could but why would you? maybe if you did not want the family to think you committed a sin? who knows.

May 29, 2006
Duct tape is forensics best friend.. Great for fingerprints(and fibers) and if the rest of the roll can be found unused, it can be matched against the tear on the tape at the crime scene. I was on a Grand Jury trial jury and that was some of the key evidence.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Possible but quite a feat, duck tape ur mouth, tie a noose, tie ure hands behind ure back ( mmm), squiggle ure neck throug the noose after climbing up on whatever it was.... easier ways to go if u dont want family to know, car crash, gunshot, bridge jumping......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you could start from making a knot to use on hands. stand on a chair and put a noose around the neck. gag the mouth. put hands behind the back, slip the knot on the wrist, pull a loose string to tighten it. kick the chair. it is possible. everything is possible. but not really probable, is it? why go to such lengths? it is more likely he was killed. and so it happens he was depressed and maybe even suicidal.

not sure about forensics in DR. i remember a while ago when bodies were found in a ditch in santiago they were dug up by few dudes wearing jeans, t-shirts and crocs. not much in terms of preserving any evidence.

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
Man. What a sad and terrible way to spend your retirement. In a lawless and Dangerous place such as this island, it becomes stressful knowing as a gringo, you are hunted prey here. Very disturbing. The nice beaches and cheap hookers aren't worth it!

St. Bernard

Dec 8, 2013
Point of interest. According to one report he was found by a cleaner. And the other report states at 5am. Does anyone else have their cleaner come at 5am?

Man. What a sad and terrible way to spend your retirement. In a lawless and Dangerous place such as this island, it becomes stressful knowing as a gringo, you are hunted prey here. Very disturbing. The nice beaches and cheap hookers aren't worth it!

I shake in my boots floating in my pool gazing at the stars every night...
It's an absolute nightmare living here, I was driving my ATV today with the wife around GH joking with the locals! Those Domincans are a real scary bunch!

RIP to the Lady who died.