Lost Passport, Can I go back to US with my Green Card?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Canadians DO NEED a passport to go into the US as well unless they have a special enhanced drivers license and I assume that would only be good when traveling from Canada to the US.

or from USA to Canada..... or you could use your RD driver licence HR..... that conNexus card you carry...

The Cdn border is something of a specialty for me.... I erased it for 15yrs w/ my E-2

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Canadians DO NEED a passport to go into the US as well unless they have a special enhanced drivers license and I assume that would only be good when traveling from Canada to the US.

Yep. We also have to present passports when flying back, and when driving back to/from Canada/US the passport or passport card. Unless you apply, pay, and are interviewed for one of those enchanced travel programs (trusted traveler)- don't remember the name think is called Nexus. There's several i believe.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

As said above, It's good Canada -USA -Canada. I don't think the special drivers license is good when flying though. I think It's only good for ''ground'' immigration.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

As said above, It's good Canada -USA -Canada. I don't think the special drivers license is good when flying though. I think It's only good for ''ground'' immigration.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
If for some reason you are allowed to board and you make it to the USA you WILL be deported and the airline will be fined. For this reason the airline will make sure you have your documents in order.

I've been involved with crew members that forgot their passport and have been held for hours on end until someone could bring their documents even though they were flying the airplane!
I don't know if they opted not to pay the I-193 fee but that has been the situation.

Also, once when crossing the US Mexican border by foot one of the people in my group was not allowed to enter (even for a fee) and we had to drive all the way to LA to get his passport from home.

Last edited:

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
What? hmmmm, what?

Yes man, you can go back easily on Green Card in any case of losing your passport but for this you can write a transportation letter to embassy and mind it your which you loss is valid if it is not valid then in this case you may can go to jail because it is against the law but with valid passport and having stamp on it however it can lost but they have records of your passport so embassy can check it and you can easily come back to your home...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The problem as I see it is not the US, but the Dominican Immigration at the airport. How many of these people would even understand what you are telling them. Not to mention the airline ticket counter. You think they get a lot of people going to the US with a Green Card and no Passport? Good luck.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Yes man, you can go back easily on Green Card in any case of losing your passport but for this you can write a transportation letter to embassy and mind it your which you loss is valid if it is not valid then in this case you may can go to jail because it is against the law but with valid passport and having stamp on it however it can lost but they have records of your passport so embassy can check it and you can easily come back to your home...

Totally wrong information......
You will not be issued, repeat, will not be issued, a boarding pass without a valid passport. Especially after the MH-370 fiasco.
You will need to go to SD and report your PP lost and reapply for either a new one, or a one way travel certificate which is in place of a passport (that is if they still issue these). Writing a letter to the embassy won't do you any good.
Just wonder where you get your information......????????

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Morley View Post
Totally wrong information......
You will not be issued, repeat, will not be issued, a boarding pass without a valid passport. Especially after the MH-370 fiasco.
You will need to go to SD and report your PP lost and reapply for either a new one, or a one way travel certificate which is in place of a passport (that is if they still issue these). Writing a letter to the embassy won't do you any good.
Just wonder where you get your information......????????
This individuum, Kyle Morley, is just misinforming all over the board, wonder when one of the mod's will stop him.

Last edited:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If the airline allows you passage without a passport they will be fined and you will be put on the next available flight back.
So the short answer to your question is no.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

You missed your period.