Thread hijacking at a all time high

Status
Not open for further replies.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I read and laugh all day long at how post go from the original posters comment or request of help to Obamacare, The Dominican Government, How things are done in their own countries. You who live in the Dominican Republic need to thank the Government for allowing you to live there. It's a privilege not a right for any Country to allow anyone inside their borders. Most opinions are from what I call the "Arm Chair Quarterbacks" And I will bet that most who have their high and mighty opinions. don't vote in American their country of origin or for that matter in The Dominican Republic. Vote does change things. So either get yourself legal in the Country and have a say by voting or shut up about how things a re done there, It's their Country we just live in it. And by the way I just filed the paperwork to become a resident because I will vote there as well as in the USA. I know I'm going to get lots of nasty responses, but that's OK.

P.S Sorry if I posted in the wrong area.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Then you have those that never miss an opportunity to comment on Obamacare (ACA) , do not live in The USA and were born in other countries, go figure. What did these shut-ins do before the advent of the internet?

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Then you have those that never miss an opportunity to comment on Obamacare (ACA) , do not live in The USA and were born in other countries, go figure. What did these shut-ins do before the advent of the internet?

Lived unfulfilling lives. My friend had the best comment for people like that. "Those that like to flex their INTERNUTS"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
DR residents can't vote here, only citizens can, barker. and yes, i've had enough of obamacare posts too. who gives a f**k? i am all for drifting from the subject but not in this direction.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
DR residents can't vote here, only citizens can, barker. and yes, i've had enough of obamacare posts too. who gives a f**k? i am all for drifting from the subject but not in this direction.

I understand that residents cannot vote but so many have been there for more than ten years and have not made the first move to become legal, but will talk crap all day long about the Government there. I made the first move.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Barker- Foreigner with cedulas cannot vote here in the Dominican Republic. So you will not vote here unless you.. say, marry a Dominican and take citizenship..

and once you are a resident here.. you may find it difficult to vote with an absentee ballot if you do not have a fixed residence in the United States. You can vote on line in the primaries if you have a valid registration.
http://www.expatforum.com/america/american-expats-can-vote-in-elections-online.html

jajajaja.. so you really thought that they would let us VOTE here?

maybe that is why we mouth off so....

in fact.. you have to vote here where you were born. It is really hard to change your registration.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i specifically referred to you saying: I just filed the paperwork to become a resident because I will vote there as well as in the USA. which is legally incorrect. but no shade here, i am legal in DR. i'd bitch about life here even if i wasn't, thou :) :) :)

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Barker- Foreigner with cedulas cannot vote here in the Dominican Republic. So you will not vote here unless you.. say, marry a Dominican and take citizenship..

and once you are a resident here.. you may find it difficult to vote with an absentee ballot if you do not have a fixed residence in the United States. You can vote on line in the primaries if you have a valid registration.

jajajaja.. so you really thought that they would let us VOTE here?

maybe that is why we mouth off so....

in fact.. you have to vote here where you were born. It is really hard to change your registration.

I started the process that I can vote and by the way I have been married to a Dominican for more that 5 years and have Dominican children.

I guess that I will always have a different view because this great nation(USA) took my family in from Cuba and gave us a home and education. So before I trash another persons country I simply will not live there. I'm glad the you are legal but how many can say that? Not many I bet. Most for one reason or another can't even return to their country of origin. Those are the ones that I am referring to. I make multiple trips to the DR but have made to decision to live there more than here. So that is the reason that I started the process.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What person who makes a "Holier Than Thou" post about Expats living in the DR, is Sooooooooooooo ignorant About The DR, that they think they can Vote here, if they are a legal resident?????

THEN, when they get "Called Out" about their ignorance, post a pathetic "Disclaimer" about how they, "UNDERSTAND THAT"!!!!
I pay HUGE takes here, have for over 18 years!
THAT gives me the right to complain about the fact that I receive no benefit for paying those taxes.
You are just another version of the old, ..."If You Hate It Here, Leave"!!!!
Usually posted by someone who DOESN'T live here.
Besides, you are wrong about "Illegal Aliens" not being allowed to vote, just look at the USA, how do you think "Barry" got elected????
I see no benefit to be a legal resident here in the DR, UNLESS you consider the FEES the lawyers make??????
"Residency" is just for "Wimps"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"OH"! you are a Cuban,"Mariel Boatman"!!!!!!!
THAT makes a big difference, since ALL Cuban Are Liers!!!!!!!

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
What person who makes a "Holier Than Thou" post about Expats living in the DR, is Sooooooooooooo ignorant About The DR, that they think they can Vote here, if they are a legal resident?????

THEN, when they get "Called Out" about their ignorance, post a pathetic "Disclaimer" about how they, "UNDERSTAND THAT"!!!!
I pay HUGE takes here, have for over 18 years!
THAT gives me the right to complain about the fact that I receive no benefit for paying those taxes.
You are just another version of the old, ..."If You Hate It Here, Leave"!!!!
Usually posted by someone who DOESN'T live here.
Besides, you are wrong about "Illegal Aliens" not being allowed to vote, just look at the USA, how do you think "Barry" got elected????
I see no benefit to be a legal resident here in the DR, UNLESS you consider the FEES the lawyers make??????
"Residency" is just for "Wimps"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"OH"! you are a Cuban,"Mariel Boatman"!!!!!!!
THAT makes a big difference, since ALL Cuban Are Liers!!!!!!!

I respect your views on many matters but yes I am a boat person and proud of it. but believe it or not you proved my point with your statement.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You mean about how "Legal Residents" in the DR can Vote here???????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
We "Colons" are Americans by virtue of being born in "PR"!

Status
Not open for further replies.