Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I don't think those meds are illegal (but I could be wrong) - you can certainly buy them easily in DR. A girl going to prison for taking anti-pregnancy pill? and the doctor ratting her out? You are projecting something from a super regulated and litigious country like USA onto a 3rd world wild west banana republic like the DR. Here you can shoot down your neighbor, spend a month in prison, and be back home after paying off the judge/victim family about a thousand bucks (if you are a gringo, the rates go up significantly).

But anyway, you are probably being scammed. The point is don't get all worked up about this, just send anything up to $100 and move on.

Right on ! I like when a chica tries to shake me down and reveals herself, I gladly fork over 100 dolars and than you know you are completely free, and it is a true bargain.
In the U.S a shake down consists of a life time of alimony and splitting all of your assets with someone you hate.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Do you know what a condom is? You?re a grown man from a developed country. You have probably been hearing about how to avoid babies forever. Plus, aren't you afraid of std's?

These days, getting pregnant is not the tragedy it used to be. The family will probably be willing to help her take care of the baby. Does she really want an abortion?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Do you know what a condom is? You?re a grown man from a developed country. You have probably been hearing about how to avoid babies forever. Plus, aren't you afraid of std's?

No, because some of these guys are no better than the so-called hoodrats they love to slam. The chicas are only bad when they get pregnant.

Think of your target audience and who are the ones getting in trouble with situations like this and then you'll realize you're talking to the wall.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

These days, getting pregnant is not the tragedy it used to be. The family will probably be willing to help her take care of the baby. Does she really want an abortion?

tragedy does not enter the picture. yesterday i was in La Sirena, and i ran into this lady i had not seen in 4 years, or so. she had a young girl with her, about 11 years old. she told me that the child was her daughter. she was also in the company of a young fellow of about 14 years of age, and i asked her who he was. she identified him as her daughter?s boyfriend. at 11, most 12 years old, she had a boyfriend, with the approval of her mother. at that rate, she will probably be knocked up by 15.

the sexual dynamics here are factors that unsuspecting gringos will never understand. stop thinking you are the lucky guy who got the Madonna. you didn?t. she just told you that.

El-Jefe

Jun 28, 2014
That would be the mentioned Misoprostol / Cytotec / Mifepristone. The only thing I'm worried about is: What if she has health problems during taking that, goes to a clinic and the doctor finds out that she's been taking that medication? Wouldn't that probably end up in serious problems like prison?

If she takes it There will probably be some complication. Her OBGYN will schedule a procedure to take care of it. Pay the bill and she can leave the hospital/clinic.

You only have to worry about prison if you don't pay, and she has to escape the clinic like Jason Bourne.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
That would be the mentioned Misoprostol / Cytotec / Mifepristone. The only thing I'm worried about is: What if she has health problems during taking that, goes to a clinic and the doctor finds out that she's been taking that medication? Wouldn't that probably end up in serious problems like prison?

DR1 News posted today:Incomplete abortions at Los Minas hospital

The San Lorenzo de los Mina Maternity and Children's Hospital in Santo Domingo East says that 525 women experiencing incomplete abortions were admitted in the first two months of the year. Abortion is banned in the Dominican Republic.

He said that in 2014, the hospital treated 4,075 women for incomplete abortions, of whom 629 were teenage mothers, 388 to foreigners and 3,058 to adults. Hospital director Dr. Victor Calderon said that there was a high level of demand for care for incomplete abortions at the hospital, especially among young women. He said that they receive between eight to 10 cases every day.

He said that although abortion is illegal, when a patient arrives with an incomplete abortion they are treated at the hospital to prevent complications such as bleeding, hemorrhagic shock, infections and even deaths.

He said that 20% of the incomplete abortion cases involved teenagers, and most were due to unwanted pregnancies. Dr. Calderon pointed out that most of the teenagers' abortions were artificially induced, unlike the cases of the adults where most were miscarriages.

The hospital took care of 12,000 live births last year.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
25% of the maternity cases were incomplete abortions. Now that is how laws work here in the DR. Give the women an option for safe abortions. I know, that is so unthinkable.

Prohibition never works.

Controversy #7

Mar 6, 2015
Thanks, El-Jefe and Ju10Prd for the comforting news... Good to know that in the end humanity often wins against the vicious laws of the religious people.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
the sexual dynamics here are factors that unsuspecting gringos will never understand. stop thinking you are the lucky guy who got the Madonna. you didn?t. she just told you that.

Unsuspecting gringos? :rolleyes: How isn't it clear from an adult male from the "developed world" that if he sticks it into someone with no protection there might/could/will be consequences?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks, El-Jefe and Ju10Prd for the comforting news... Good to know that in the end humanity often wins against the vicious laws of the religious people.

Humanity would be not having the need for abortions due to thinking with your big head first. Having the brains to realize what negative effects a pregnancy can have on a poor single girl. Aborting a child is a pretty violent act, no matter how you feel about the morality of it. I see and interact with hundreds of little kids every week and I'm lucky enough to see all the positive developments when these children learn to talk, read, and write, and laugh. To think that many of these children would have been aborted if the access combined with the planned parenthood propaganda had spread here.
Use a condom.

Controversy #7

Mar 6, 2015
She said she found someone in a pharmacy who sold her the pills. She said it were two pills, she took them and that they are already working. For Monday she made an appointment at a doctor to get her stomach checked. The insurance pays a part of it, but she still has to pay 10.000 Pesos herself. She doesn't have the money for the check, so she borrowed it from someone who gets %, so she will have to pay him back 13.000.
Do you think it's a credible story? Does that price sound reasonable?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Most people in this country go to the doctor for free. I, a gringo, paid the equivalent of $40.00 for a cardiologist including a ekg. Sounds phony to me, but if it is the price to clear this up and you have a normal gringo income I'd do it. $300.00 USD send it to her and assure her that you are a good guy.
Der Fish

Pay the provider directly and assure her that you are no fool.

Pup

Sep 27, 2013
She said she found someone in a pharmacy who sold her the pills. She said it were two pills, she took them and that they are already working. For Monday she made an appointment at a doctor to get her stomach checked. The insurance pays a part of it, but she still has to pay 10.000 Pesos herself. She doesn't have the money for the check, so she borrowed it from someone who gets %, so she will have to pay him back 13.000.

She is lying. It takes more than 2 pills for an abortion, and you don't just swallow them. The pills cost around 2000, and that's for the 12 that's needed for an abortion. The ultrasound costs around 750 without insurance.

She is lying all the way don't give her a peso!!

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Humanity would be not having the need for abortions due to thinking with your big head first. Having the brains to realize what negative effects a pregnancy can have on a poor single girl. Aborting a child is a pretty violent act, no matter how you feel about the morality of it. I see and interact with hundreds of little kids every week and I'm lucky enough to see all the positive developments when these children learn to talk, read, and write, and laugh. To think that many of these children would have been aborted if the access combined with the planned parenthood propaganda had spread here.
Use a condom.

I guess the problem I have with this (and I will always defer to you Mr S as your in country where I am in and out), is from
what I see in the barrios in SD for example, for every 1 of the thriving children, there must be 1000 (and I have seen many
personally), who don't have access to
decent schools, books, uniforms or parents (or support systems) who give a sh#t about these precious lives.

Quick story,
My wife who lives with me here in Boston, learned some devastating news over the last 2 weeks about a Sto Dgo 15 year
Old girl with developmental disabilities ...very close to my wife and family. We found out she got pregnant late last year by a
supposed 17 year old. Bad enough it was an immoral act of statutory rape, she naturally told no one, and now 4 months
Pregnant, her school kicked her out. Her chance at education is effectively done.

All this come to find this girl's older brother was collecting money repeatedly in exchange for access to this 15 year old by this
older kid....extremely ugly and heartbreaking situation.

The culture non-education of sexual matters, the culture of machismo and multiple wives, is astounding in the DR.
Gringos coming for a "play date or 10" vacation have no idea the arena into which they are entering.

On the other hand, thank God for people on the other side with open arms, with some support and love to offer, as every child
deserves the chance to learn to talk, read and write and laugh....as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.