Dominican Citizens Visa Free: List of Countries

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's the list that Migracion publishes (admittedly it's from 2014 but the only one on their website). Morocco is listed as somewhere that diplomats and officials can go, maybe that's why there is the confusion. For regular Dominicans, a visa is required.

https://www.migracion.gob.do/Content/main_side_banner_02.pdf

Thanks, that is what I thought it translated as the first time I read it. I better go change the list. I assume diplomats don't need to look up if a visa is required since they have "people" ;)

The information posted by Listin Diario and the MIREX is inaccurate. Paraguay, Vietnam and Morocco (Marruecos) DO REQUIRE visas for Dominican Citizens. Paraguay and Dominican Rpublic signed a Visa Suppression Agreement but it hasn't come into effect because as of today it hasn't been ratified. Always double-check visa requirements because in the case of Dominican Republic that are always changing.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Damn. My husband had to get a visa for Morocco for our visit in 2012 and we'd love to go again. I'll double-check with the consulate in Santo Domingo.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The information posted by Listin Diario and the MIREX is inaccurate. Paraguay, Vietnam and Morocco (Marruecos) DO REQUIRE visas for Dominican Citizens. Paraguay and Dominican Rpublic signed a Visa Suppression Agreement but it hasn't come into effect because as of today it hasn't been ratified. Always double-check visa requirements because in the case of Dominican Republic that are always changing.

This is the list posted on the DGM Facebook site in the past few days to clarify the news articles

https://www.migracion.gob.do/Content/main_side_banner_02.pdf

Dominicans travelling on diplomatic and official passports only can visit the mentioned countries without visa and the accords are listed.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Is it not dependent on which passport you travel under, not your citizenship.

If a Dominican travel with his Dominican Passport and also has USA citizenship and plan to travel to Brasil do not need to apply for a visa. Similar advantage is for travelers to China with same conditions, the visa to China for Dominicans its way cheaper for Dominicans than USA citizens, so better travel as Dominican with Dominican passport.

Feb 7, 2007
I see the coyotes between Uruguay and Argentina opening up Johnnie Blue tonight... I know several people that got to Argentina through Uruguay... With no stamp in the passport of course.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
If a Dominican travel with his Dominican Passport and also has USA citizenship and plan to travel to Brasil do not need to apply for a visa. Similar advantage is for travelers to China with same conditions, the visa to China for Dominicans its way cheaper for Dominicans than USA citizens, so better travel as Dominican with Dominican passport.

Agreed. I hope that the DR passport continues to gain visa-free entry to as many countries as possible. It makes the passport more valuable, and the visa fees are more reasonable.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Going one way direct from the US to the DR you can actually use your Dominican passport to check in for your flight. I have done it more than once.