What would be your last restaurant up north?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
1. Tuva (you probably never heard of it, but its the best Italian restaurant on the island). Next to Seawinds condos in Cabarete, on the beach. Incredibly decorated. Amazing decor and extensive wine list. I just posted several photos of it on "Everything Cabarete & Coconut Telegraph."

2. Hispaniola Diner's Club. (Great view). Was just there yesterday again. The walls are decorated with photos of Sosua from the turn of the century up until the 1940's. Stunning!

Do yourself a favor and go to both restaurants.

Frank

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Frank,

Have you ate in Bliss? Don't know Tuva, but would have to go a long way to beat Bliss.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Frank,

Have you ate in Bliss? Don't know Tuva, but would have to go a long way to beat Bliss.

Oh yeah, I've been to Bliss many times. I love Bliss. But if its a view of the ocean you want, then Tuva and Hispianola Diners Club, and even Ocean Club/Bahia Lounge (Gavensvoort Hotel next to Infinity Blue) cannot be beat.

Tuva is the new kid on the block. They took over a stunning house built next to Seawinds condos. A lot of the pastas are Homemade. The wine list is astonishing. The decor and ambiance at night cannot be beaten.

I had a pasta dish with wild mushrooms, and wow, that was amazing. I have a photo of it. It had lots of strong, pungent, wild mushrooms. They're imported and are expensive. I used to buy them in Norway, and they were imported there as well. They usually come dried, and need soaking in water. When i say they are strong, i mean, you can smell them across the room. Pigs/boars in the wild love eating them along with wild Truffles.

Anyone wants to see photos of any of the foods, as well as inside of the restaurants, simply go to my Everything Cabarete page and type in "Tuva" or "Hispaniola Diners Club into the search engine and they'll come up. or simply ask me to "tag" you below the review of the restaurants.

I eat out everyday, so i have a lot of restaurant food photos. Too many!!

Frank

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
Ostro Cosas' in Caberete is nice, but very expenssive. For view and nice lunch you may want to try Chez Arcino. (sp) Just a thought.

not that expensive compared to restaurants that try to match the value and setting Otra Cosa offers.

well worth the experience i say

Fredo

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Are you kidding me? Get back up north and feast! Dim Sum for breakfast, maybe some BBQ pork and wonton noodle soup for lunch. How about a BIG ASS RIB EYE for dinner, washed down with a decent California vino. As opposed to a what? Going to the best offering here......haha.
How did you know I missed Dim Sum? I will be having one when I go back. I just hope the decent place that I used to know is still opened...

My first thought when I saw the title of the thread was:

r62odUd-0.jpg

Then I saw that it's for a proper send off for Koreano. I don't have any opinions on North Coast restaurants since I've spent less than a week on the North Coast in my almost fifteen years living in the Dee Ah.

I will say this: find a good one, Koreano. You're a great DR resident, American and Korean.

For all your thoughtful and informative posts 고맙습니다
Thanks Celt202.
I know I will be missing DR and folks here. Old or new everyone always had interesting stories, views and mindset on everything there is to DR. I will be missing agreeing or disagreeing the most. Many thing I read are on point but sometimes it makes me think WTF?! I don't know if I will have enough time to come back anytime soon but I will have to live on fond memories of DR/Santiago and folks here. Once aagain, I want to thank everyone for one of my greatest adventure, experiences and education. This had been short but one HACK of a ride that we will never forget.

1. Tuva (you probably never heard of it, but its the best Italian restaurant on the island). Next to Seawinds condos in Cabarete, on the beach. Incredibly decorated. Amazing decor and extensive wine list. I just posted several photos of it on "Everything Cabarete & Coconut Telegraph."

2. Hispaniola Diner's Club. (Great view). Was just there yesterday again. The walls are decorated with photos of Sosua from the turn of the century up until the 1940's. Stunning!

Do yourself a favor and go to both restaurants.

Frank
Thanks Frank I will try to fit these in my tight schedule.

Oh yeah, I've been to Bliss many times. I love Bliss. But if its a view of the ocean you want, then Tuva and Hispianola Diners Club, and even Ocean Club/Bahia Lounge (Gavensvoort Hotel next to Infinity Blue) cannot be beat.
I am staying at Infiniti Blu so I guess Ocean Club will be our Sunday dinner. I will report back after I dine at some of these places.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Save your money for North Jersey. Much more authentic Mexican there.

Agree...
Since, I didn't want to bother after packing/taking care of things/drive. I decided to stop by one of my favorite place.

I just had fish taco and variety of Burritos(Shrimp,Beef,Mixed meat) there for dinner today. Fish tacos are still good but they have forgotten what extra extra spicy means. My wife didn't got her spicy goodness this time. Perhaps they should name one that caters to that just loves to feel heat burning through their system. B- close to C for our dinner today. We should had brought After Death sauce that I had introduced earlier this year.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
not that expensive compared to restaurants that try to match the value and setting Otra Cosa offers.

well worth the experience i say

Fredo

Ok,
I am going to try add this place into our schedule. I will let everyone know how everything goes.

Anybody have suggestions on signiture dishes on some of this places? I consider myself biggest wanna-be foodie and would pay for it.

And any breakfast suggestions? I was informed two restaurans are closed now and I happened to like the little bakery last time I was here.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Ok,
I am going to try add this place into our schedule. I will let everyone know how everything goes.

Anybody have suggestions on signiture dishes on some of this places? I consider myself biggest wanna-be foodie and would pay for it.

And any breakfast suggestions? I was informed two restaurans are closed now and I happened to like the little bakery last time I was here.

For breakfast I would suggest trying "Dick"

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
We had been back to States for a week now and we had most memorable stay in Sousa and Cabarete area.
Every suggestions were great and I felt bad we could only fit only handful of restaurants in to our schedule.
Gordito's, Hispaniola, Morua Mai, Tuva and finished our trip off with dinner at Ocean Club's Baia Lounge.
Every restaurants were spot on. Good food and/or with greatest scenic/views up north.
Although it was costly, It was perfect get away.
We enjoyed it all condo, beach, pool, food, people, activities and just walking down the streets for a change. Except wife's horrible luck of choosing worst entrees in the menus with too much salt resulting indigestion.

We are back to now cool North East, sipping on a cheap but quality Cabernet but I already missing once I called home.
Thanks everyone for great suggestions.

Cheers!

JorgeT

I love DR1!!
Mar 24, 2017
Even though I don't like the Brain b/c one day he knows you and the next day he does not, I would have my last meal in Cafe Cubano.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
since koreano fulfilled his mission and is now back in civilization this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.