New carry-on restrictions

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
They consistently take away my tweezers but not my cuticle scissors. What am I going to do, pluck someone? Also have has my crazy glue taken, again am I going to glue someone?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I lost a brand new Gillette mach III razor and three new cartridges once when I tossed it into my carry on at the last minute not being able to foresee anyway for that item to be used to take over an airplane or demand extra snacks that I was not entitled to.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
From CESAC...dated August 2, 2018...thus up to date. Not an Apple Vacations memo...

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/lista-articulos-permitidos-y-prohibidos-en-equipaje-de-mano-y-bodega-cesac.pdf

http://cesac.mil.do/index.php/publicaciones/recomendaciones-para-viajar

I like the following part of the restrictions:

No wives in carry on bag, checked luggage only. :laugh: lol.

2yv2n40.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My interpretation of restrictions

In the
DIRECTIVA DE SEGURIDAD No.61-(2018)
TÍTULO:
Actualización de la Lista de los Artículos Permitidos y Prohibidos en el Equipaje de Mano y
de Bodega.

LÍQUIDOS, AEROSOLES Y GELES (LAG)

NOTAS:

1. Solo podrán ser transportadas en el equipaje facturado las bebidas alcohólicas que contengan
más del 24% pero menos del 70%, en volumen, de alcohol, en recipientes que no excedan de
5 litros, con una cantidad total neta por persona de 5 litros de dichas bebidas.

2. Las bebidas alcohólicas que contienen menos del 24% en volumen, de alcohol, no están
sujetas a ninguna restricción de seguridad.

3. Los LAG para uso personal se pueden llevar en equipaje de mano en las siguientes
condiciones:

a) Deben llevarse en envases de una capacidad no superior a los 100 ml. cada uno, no se
aceptará ningún LAG en envases de más de 100 ml. ni siquiera cuando solo estén
parcialmente llenos.

b) Los envases que contienen los LAG, deben ponerse en una bolsa de plástico transparente
resellable, con capacidad máxima de un litro, la cual debe ir completamente cerrada, cada
pasajero solo puede llevar una bolsa de este tipo y debe presentarla separada del equipaje
antes de ser inspeccionados.

Google Translation:

NOTES:

1. Only alcoholic beverages containing more than 24% but less than 70%, by volume, of alcohol, in containers not exceeding 5 liters, with a net total amount per person of 5 liters may be transported in checked baggage. of said beverages.

2. Alcoholic beverages containing less than 24% by volume of alcohol are not subject to any security restrictions.

3. LAG for personal use can be carried in carry-on baggage in the following
terms:

a) They must be carried in containers of a capacity not exceeding 100 ml. Each one does not know
will accept any LAG in containers of more than 100 ml. not even when they're just
partially full

b) The containers containing the LAG must be placed in a transparent plastic bag
Resealable, with a maximum capacity of one liter, which must be completely closed, each
passenger can only carry a bag of this type and must present it separately from the baggage
before being inspected.

Lists of LAGs:

Oils, Water, Alcohol (See Notes Nos.1 and 2), Creams and jellies for shaving, Liquid gel deodorant, Hair Fixer, Lip jelly, Gelatin for hair, Gels, Stews, Liquid soap, Syrups, Contact lens cleaner (saline solution), Cleaners and removers of paints and metals, Marmalades, Pasta, Liquid or paste makeup removers, Sauces, Shampoo and hair conditioners, for people and animals, Soups, All types of foam, All types of toothpaste, All kinds of perfumes and colognes, Lip balms.

Apr 10, 2014
about 10 months ago Delta airlines changed their total luggage amount...in first class from 3 of 70 pounds each, to one of 50 lbs, with no chance of paying for more this change was for only a handful of locations...the DR was one of those.......

Just flew in from Jfk to Santo Domingo on Delta first class with 2 checked in bags that were 70lbs. each with no problem. The problem is my wife's family attacking the luggage for items that I brought down.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just flew in from Jfk to Santo Domingo on Delta first class with 2 checked in bags that were 70lbs. each with no problem. The problem is my wife's family attacking the luggage for items that I brought down.

..........but hard times this thread is about people flying "out" of la rep dom NOT flying into.

Sep 4, 2012
..........but hard times this thread is about people flying "out" of la rep dom NOT flying into.

There hasn't been any specific instance as of a reply from anyone having the "issues" on the pamphlet, are there any that I might've missed?

I just had a family member fly out from DR within the last two weeks - the experience doesn't reflect any of it.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
There hasn't been any specific instance as of a reply from anyone having the "issues" on the pamphlet, are there any that I might've missed?

I just had a family member fly out from DR within the last two weeks - the experience doesn't reflect any of it.

Just me but I will play it safe and act as if they are enforcing the new restrictions. How they say ......... better safe than sorry

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007

Better them, then the baggage handlers that you don't know

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
badpiece33 works for Jet Blue. I sent him the OP's link and asked him to check with a JB PoohBah.

He said a supervisor at JB said it is indeed a new policy that went into effect in July.

Caveat Emptor.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Even if they are not trying to make our heads explode how long do you think they will attempt to enforce this. Small items like medication and toothpaste can easily go into you pants pocket. Things like contact solution are not even practical to ban.

Do any of you remember the umbrella ban a few years ago. That only lasted about 3 weeks. A friend of mine was asked to forfeit her umbrella or miss her plane. She somehow managed to break it in half and in very good Spanish told the 2 security people to each stick one piece up their butts. It was really funny.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
With all the passengers that require support animals, all those who can't sit still for several hours in a row, are unable to follow the simplest of instructions such as fasten your seat belt, can't share an armrest or recline their seats without getting into a fight, I think we will eventually see just about everything banned from carry-on.

Alcohol and meds don't always mix well, and the airlines don't want to deal with zoned out passengers and I don't want to sit next to one who would be an impediment to getting out quickly if need be because they keep insisting that the purple dragon in 28C go first.

These days, I'm convinced these measure are primarily meant for us, the non-terrorist travelling public. You are much more likely to suffer agitation from another passenger than you are from a jihadist.

As we had a proclivity to do, we have lowered airline travel to the lowest common denominator which is the idiot on your flight who had no right to get out of bed that day and that's why we can't have cutlery anymore.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
about 10 months ago Delta airlines changed their total luggage amount...in first class from 3 of 70 pounds each, to one of 50 lbs, with no chance of paying for more this change was for only a handful of locations...the DR was one of those.......

I do realize a bit off topic but are the two of you flying the same Delta airlines. One person says only 1 piece of checked luggage to 50lbs and the other says 2 pieces of luggage to 70lbs.