New carry-on restrictions

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
With all the passengers that require support animals, all those who can't sit still for several hours in a row, are unable to follow the simplest of instructions such as fasten your seat belt, can't share an armrest or recline their seats without getting into a fight, I think we will eventually see just about everything banned from carry-on.

Hold your horses there pardner.

Southwest Airlines to allow miniature horses as service animals in new policy

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/southwes...ature-horses-as-service-animals-in-new-policy

Updated: Aug 16 2018 11:10AM EDT

PHOENIX (KSAZ) -- Come September 17, people will be able to carry miniature horses onboard Southwest flights as trained service animals, according to airline officials.

Officials announced the policy change, via a statement on its website on Tuesday. In the statement, officials name miniature horses, along with dogs and cats, as some of the most common service animals that will be accepted onboard. Passengers, however, will need to be able to provide credible verbal assurance that the animal is a trained service animal.

In addition, the company announced other changes, such as formally accepting Psychiatric Support Animals (PSAs) as trained service animals, after accepting them informally as such in the past, and will also limit each passenger to one Emotional Support Animal.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Hold your horses there pardner.

Southwest Airlines to allow miniature horses as service animals in new policy

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/southwes...ature-horses-as-service-animals-in-new-policy

Updated: Aug 16 2018 11:10AM EDT

PHOENIX (KSAZ) -- Come September 17, people will be able to carry miniature horses onboard Southwest flights as trained service animals, according to airline officials.

Officials announced the policy change, via a statement on its website on Tuesday. In the statement, officials name miniature horses, along with dogs and cats, as some of the most common service animals that will be accepted onboard. Passengers, however, will need to be able to provide credible verbal assurance that the animal is a trained service animal.

In addition, the company announced other changes, such as formally accepting Psychiatric Support Animals (PSAs) as trained service animals, after accepting them informally as such in the past, and will also limit each passenger to one Emotional Support Animal.
. Perhaps there will be flights designed as Southwest's Arc.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A doctor's note equals a prescription. Your label on the medicine bottle should cover this? Yes? …. me thinks so, some peeps may need to take the meds during flight so no way do they mean pack them in checked baggage. Now who is going to be able to verify what meds you have in that medicine bottle are indeed what the label says is beyond me.

In the DR, most meds do not require a prescription. Who gets a bottle with a prescription in the DR? You get a few pills or the entire box with the pills in blister packs. No labels applied with the Doctor's name. It is ridiculous to require a prescription to carry on any medicine sold over the counter in the DR. But ridiculous is a new norm.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
In the DR, most meds do not require a prescription. Who gets a bottle with a prescription in the DR? You get a few pills or the entire box with the pills in blister packs. No labels applied with the Doctor's name. It is ridiculous to require a prescription to carry on any medicine sold over the counter in the DR. But ridiculous is a new norm.

yeah you right on this. I keep thinking traveling tourist bringing in meds for vacation and returning back home.

At least they didn't say no laptops in carry on............

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
So, I can bring my horse, but not my spaghetti. :laugh:

yes, as long as you order a support animal jacket online and the horse can sit on your lap or lay down under the seat. Then they may let you bring the spaghetti if you tell them it is a special diet for the horse.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
So, I can bring my horse, but not my spaghetti. :laugh:

Their " logic" must be Everyone Loves spaghetti, and so that's too much damn spaghetti
... but probably only one person will bring a horse , until miniature horses become a Fashion thing .

If someone would have tried to predict this nonsense like 30 years ago...they would have carted him off to the Funny Farm for sure.

Sep 4, 2012
I do realize a bit off topic but are the two of you flying the same Delta airlines. One person says only 1 piece of checked luggage to 50lbs and the other says 2 pieces of luggage to 70lbs.

Flew in Delta to SDQ and was told 1 bag and no more as Delta has placed restrictions to luggage amount specifically going to the DR.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just flew in from Jfk to Santo Domingo on Delta first class with 2 checked in bags that were 70lbs. each with no problem. The problem is my wife's family attacking the luggage for items that I brought down.

about 10 months ago Delta airlines changed their total luggage amount...in first class from 3 of 70 pounds each, to one of 50 lbs, with no chance of paying for more this change was for only a handful of locations...the DR was one of those.......

Flew in Delta to SDQ and was told 1 bag and no more as Delta has placed restrictions to luggage amount specifically going to the DR.

A little early for the holiday restrictions so I guess this is a permanent year round change?

Sep 4, 2012
A little early for the holiday restrictions so I guess this is a permanent year round change?

Delta won't allow anything beyond one bag. No even if one is willing to pay an extra fee. Its a country restriction, not sure who is pulling the strings - Delta or the DR government?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Delta won't allow anything beyond one bag. No even if one is willing to pay an extra fee. Its a country restriction, not sure who is pulling the strings - Delta or the DR government?

I sure hope other airlines don't follow up with the one bag limit.

linestepper

Jun 25, 2007
I contacted Delta today and they said it's $25 for the 1st checked bag and $40 for the second. Max of 50lbs. and max of 2 bags, for main cabin. 2 free up to 70lbs each for 1st class. I really hope that's correct information because I have 2 bags packed.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I contacted Delta today and they said it's $25 for the 1st checked bag and $40 for the second. Max of 50lbs. and max of 2 bags, for main cabin. 2 free up to 70lbs each for 1st class. I really hope that's correct information because I have 2 bags packed.

Delta's web page shows the same information.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
The one 50 lb. bag rule is for people flying coach,First and business class passengers can still take two 70 lb. bags. Sometimes when I check in curbside the sky cap weighs my bag or sees me with two bags and starts to tell me it is a no go and then I remind him that I am flying first class,this has happened more than once flying out of Boston.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
This is another example of don't get your panties in a knot. The last 20 times I have left PUJ I have had either 2 beers or 2 full water bottles in my carry on. Not once was either ever taken or even questioned.
This is just this week's propaganda to see how many gringo heads will explode. Don't let it be yours. There is no way on earth this can be realistically implemented or enforced.

Those scanners are an absolute joke. I have a titanium hip, and NEVER, EVER has the alarm gone off when I pass security.

Sep 4, 2012

I did the same. Once at the terminal coming back, no can do - only one luggage allowed. Their website also contradicts what's taken place at their counters.

Sep 4, 2012
The one 50 lb. bag rule is for people flying coach,First and business class passengers can still take two 70 lb. bags. Sometimes when I check in curbside the sky cap weighs my bag or sees me with two bags and starts to tell me it is a no go and then I remind him that I am flying first class,this has happened more than once flying out of Boston.

I don't fly first class nor business ever.