Security Costs at Casa Linda

E

El Rey de Mangu

The same people robbed many areas of Sosua including Casa Linda. It all isn't in La Mulata...

Proof to point. Bet the gringos killed in Los Farallones de Cabrera never thought their gardeners would do it. Imagine that. If i had a nickel for every gringo that had "their people".

E

Ecoman1949

I'm not that familiar either, just learning about the charges before buying. I would imagine water and garbage pick up would be other charges.

The agents I’ve contacted who showed me property in Casa Linda told me everything is rolled into one monthly fee. Electricity costs are usually separate. I’ve looked at property, mostly villas, two or three bedrooms, in many gated areas. Common fees ranged from $100 to $300 dollars a month. All included security, garbage collection, back up electricity, some included water delivery. Again electricity costs are separate.
The price your quoting just for security seems out of whack with other gated communities. Check with an agent you trust and get the correct information.

E

El Rey de Mangu

The agents I’ve contacted who showed me property in Casa Linda told me everything is rolled into one monthly fee. Electricity costs are usually separate. I’ve looked at property, mostly villas, two or three bedrooms, in many gated areas. Common fees ranged from $100 to $300 dollars a month. All included security, garbage collection, back up electricity, some included water delivery. Again electricity costs are separate.
The price your quoting just for security seems out of whack with other gated communities. Check with an agent you trust and get the correct information.
When you have no clue about DR and need a Casa Linda, then you pay your fee. If you can be sold on some crap "coralina" tile then you reap what you sow.

E

Ecoman1949

When you have no clue about DR and need a Casa Linda, then you pay your fee. If you can be sold on some crap "coralina" tile then you reap what you sow.

The trick is to find a decent house at a decent price with low maintenance fees. It can be done if you make the effort to spend time here, do your research, and not jump in with both feet after your first AI visit here. Your right in the sense that it’s buyer beware, especially if your talking deslinde deeds. They are a must here. Condo ownership doesn’t protect you in the DR as well. They don’t have condo. Associations here similar to ones in the US and Canada. The monthly rates for services can skyrocket and you have very little recourse legally. DR1 is full of horror stories about condo problems in the DR.

Reactions: rover
E

Eric Sandmael

Hi All,
The truth is that Residencial Casa Linda has a total of 73 security officers.
The HOA fees, that varies from approx. US$ 205-300/month depending on the size of the villa, cover also 6 days a week garbage collection, common area lights and cleaning. In addition the HOA fees cover the costs of generators, and the maintenance of the whole subdivision.
For your information the HOA fees in 2014 was US$ 290/month independent of the size of the villa. During the period from 2015-2019 the salaries in The DR have increase with approx. 100%. The average HOA is now is approx. US$ 250/month.

C

Cdn_Gringo

The OP singled out the posted sum as being the monthly bill for security services only. 73 security guards would amount to a sizable bill and would seem to be more guards than many other neighboring communities combined.

Clearly the OP needs to clarify their post a bit and then someone in Casa Linda needs to either confirm or refute the OP's clarified question.

E

Ecoman1949

Hi All,
The truth is that Residencial Casa Linda has a total of 73 security officers.
The HOA fees, that varies from approx. US$ 205-300/month depending on the size of the villa, cover also 6 days a week garbage collection, common area lights and cleaning. In addition the HOA fees cover the costs of generators, and the maintenance of the whole subdivision.
For your information the HOA fees in 2014 was US$ 290/month independent of the size of the villa. During the period from 2015-2019 the salaries in The DR have increase with approx. 100%. The average HOA is now is approx. US$ 250/month.[/

So, for clarification purposes, all security costs are included in the HOA monthly fee?

E

Eric Sandmael

I'm the president of Casa Linda, and I think I know what is correct or not:cheeky:

Unfortunately there are always somebody who post assumptions without checking the truth.

C

Cdn_Gringo

So is the bill for the security only costs for all of Casa Linda $31K USD per month?

Z

zoomzx11

The rates for the back up electricity can be astronomical. Be careful.

E

El Rey de Mangu

Sorry community but if you need to buy in Casa Linda well you are at the hands of gringos who know less than you.

E

Eric Sandmael

No, it cost way more since security is very important to us. That's also why approx. 75% of the HOA fees go to security.

E

Eric Sandmael

The rates for the back up electricity can be astronomical. Be careful.

I don't know why you are saying this? First of all they are not high, and secondly we are starting up our own solar plant this month. This means that we will hardly not use the back up generators anymore.

E

Eric Sandmael

Sorry community but if you need to buy in Casa Linda well you are at the hands of gringos who know less than you.

Isn't that wonderful? I always try to hire people who are smarter than me. That's my way to be better and smarter:cheeky:

C

cobraboy

Isn't that wonderful? I always try to hire people who are smarter than me. That's my way to be better and smarter:cheeky:
Eric, what do you say about the folks who claim numerous CL owners rent short-term AIRbnb to those who are loud and bring in questionable guests?

Are such short-term rentals acceptable in the contract homeowners have with CL?

L

lifeisgreat

Eric, what do you say about the folks who claim numerous CL owners rent short-term AIRbnb to those who are loud and bring in questionable guests?

Are such short-term rentals acceptable in the contract homeowners have with CL?
They run it....

W

Wharfrat1976

That price seems massively high for 131 villas.

The bigger joke is thinking a Dominican guard with a shotty would actually use the shotty on a fellow Dominican.

Never happening.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

C

cavok

The average monthly pay for a security guard from one of the companies here is $RD22,000/mo. Do the math.

E

El Rey de Mangu

The average monthly pay for a security guard from one of the companies here is $RD22,000/mo. Do the math.

Right, plus tip from the brothas when they have a pUtA party. Love your Casa Linda investment