A Sticky With Maps

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Hey laurapausinifan, BOB!!!

how are you? any suggestions on maps? I am also trying to download a map into my TomTom GPS but am having a difficult time.
I tried those different links but didnt get anywhere.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009

how are you? any suggestions on maps? I am also trying to download a map into my TomTom GPS but am having a difficult time.

Own a smartphone? Use Google Maps...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

M.A.R. you opened up an old thread.

Bob has not posted here since 08/21/2014.

You, on the otherhand, haven't posted since Feb 2013. :)

All is well.

Sep 19, 2005

I am well!!, how about yourself?? sooo you need a map ha ha, I don't know TOM TOM, I have a few Garmins...but truthfully here in the US, I just use my phone like Caribe says!!...it doesn't talk to me...but it is pretty accurate. can we ask where ya heading?? I like driving down those way back roads and the kids just stared with their mouth open , like they saw a dinasour!! ha ha ha

BOB

Sep 19, 2005
yes but i would have to rely on the service working or not, correct?

that is true...a tom tom will have the info needed( if you get it installed) and as long as you can aquire the satelites you should be good to go!!

I had thought garmin updated its maps automatically.....

bob

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sep 19, 2005
I know my phone maps has traffic, and it is soo up to the minute accurate it is scary... I can see cars just starting to back up and sure enough google has it showing on the maps... I wonder if you get that kind of service up to date in the DR...like
HUELGA currently in progress on Autopista in La Vega!! ha ha ha
bob

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I use google maps in SDQ all the time. Nope, traffic is not a feature. If so it wouldn't always want you to send via 27 de Febrero at rush hours... :D

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Waze has that for SD. I removed it because suspected it drained my battery, but it worked well.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
435DE2C4-5F65-4EE1-BAD0-8347FEDB19EE_zps2vnseszu.png

Since I have another phone now you motivated me to give Waze another try.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I am well!!, how about yourself?? sooo you need a map ha ha, I don't know TOM TOM, I have a few Garmins...but truthfully here in the US, I just use my phone like Caribe says!!...it doesn't talk to me...but it is pretty accurate. can we ask where ya heading?? I like driving down those way back roads and the kids just stared with their mouth open , like they saw a dinasour!! ha ha ha

BOB

Hi!!! I'm good!!

I will be in a few places, San Jose delas matas, Jarabacoa, Sosua, Santiago. I do have a smart phone which i will be using down there, so I should be ok. I think i can get in and out of the cities ok. I ordered a paper map online, waiting for it, hopefully it has good street maps.

I like driving down those way back roads and the kids just stared with their mouth open , like they saw a dinasour!! ha ha ha Kids???????????

I couldnt download into the TomTom, i didnt find the Dominican Republic in their choices.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
Hi!!! I'm good!!

I will be in a few places, San Jose delas matas, Jarabacoa, Sosua, Santiago. I do have a smart phone which i will be using down there, so I should be ok. I think i can get in and out of the cities ok. I ordered a paper map online, waiting for it, hopefully it has good street maps.

I like driving down those way back roads and the kids just stared with their mouth open , like they saw a dinasour!! ha ha ha Kids???????????

I couldnt download into the TomTom, i didnt find the Dominican Republic in their choices.

the "KIDS" were on the side of the road,(barely off the road at that!) NOT in my car!!! ha ha

there were a few stores in downtown Santiago that I bought maps at....one place had a good selection of maps too!! north,
central, southern, east ect.... they were large enough maps that covered a smaller area, so the detail was good enough to find almost all the roads.

the store had wooden shelves and they went down behind the cashier counter. they had lots of paper supplies...maybe it was an art store.

I can see it clearly in my mind...does that help? ha ha

"laura"