DR residents

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Moderator, if you feel this is not DR-related, please do not hesitate to close it and/or delete it. Thanks.

As two of you know, The Kid has been thinking about returning home to be with friends and family, although not for at least a year.

Here's the deal:

I've read about ordering books and having them sent to an address in Miami. But is it cost-effective?

If you can provide me with examples for shipping cost, I'd appreciate it

Thank you.

-The Kid

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
In Sosua we have EPS and Banker Trust. Banker Trust charges US$3.50/pound.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Ken, Ginnie, and all you good folks, thank you for the info.

If and when I move, I should be in good shape as far as ordering books.

Moderator, thanks for keeping this open. I got my info. So, do what you do best: delete it.

-The Kid

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Ahhhhhhh, but who would be professional & good enough to publish it??? ~ Grahame.:pirate:

I would! The Kid's an extremely intelligent and witty writer. He's clear, concise, sincere, has an excellent grasp and domain of two languages, and can hook the reader from word one. I'd publish him in a mangu minute and make good money doing it, too.

As for myself: I am professional and have a keen eye for creativity, talent, and originality. Scout's honor- The Kid is the main reason I joined DR1 - honestly. I used to lurk here for years until I began reading Joseito's posts. I found them incredibly funny, sharp, and wise, so I wanted to join in on the fun and I did. Good thing too, because we finally met IRL and he's an awesome dude with loads of great stories to tell, and I'd be good enough to publish them, if I were a publisher. Go for it Kid! Write the book!

-Indie

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
I would! The Kid's an extremely intelligent and witty writer. He's clear, concise, sincere, has an excellent grasp and domain of two languages, and can hook the reader from word one. I'd publish him in a mangu minute and make good money doing it, too.

As for myself: I am professional and have a keen eye for creativity, talent, and originality. Scout's honor- The Kid is the main reason I joined DR1 - honestly. I used to lurk here for years until I began reading Joseito's posts. I found them incredibly funny, sharp, and wise, so I wanted to join in on the fun and I did. Good thing too, because we finally met IRL and he's an awesome dude with loads of great stories to tell, and I'd be good enough to publish them, if I were a publisher. Go for it Kid! Write the book!

-Indie

That is very good. Seems like you must be the alter-ego or something very close. Me thinks this wise kid needs to spend more time in the real world making money with wisdom. Buf it that is already being done then.......that is very good also.

There are the complex things of the world (i.e building a space ship/performing heart surgery/travelling faster than the speed of light etc) but well, playing with words?.........will never be included. Wise people make really complex things look rather simply and make the simple things.......

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Wow. Thousands of years of a key pillar of culture and civilisation written off in one post on DR1. Maybe we should let them know?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Wow. Thousands of years of a key pillar of culture and civilisation written off in one post on DR1. Maybe we should let them know?

Do you think we should invite Sholly24 to try managing life without words for, say, maybe 3 hours a day, and to report back how he/she makes out? After the 3 hour period is up, of course............;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Verbose ... Yawn .... ZZZZzzzzz..... :cool:

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
That is very good. Seems like you must be the alter-ego or something very close. Me thinks this wise kid needs to spend more time in the real world making money with wisdom. Buf it that is already being done then.......that is very good also.

There are the complex things of the world (i.e building a space ship/performing heart surgery/travelling faster than the speed of light etc) but well, playing with words?.........will never be included. Wise people make really complex things look rather simply and make the simple things.......

Sholly, for a long time I've been thinking about a book along the lines of David Sedaris's Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim and Me Talk Pretty One Day. Seriously. Fun fun fun. And Indie will edit it.

If and when, a free signed copy is coming your way.

-The Kid

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
Sholly, for a long time I've been thinking about a book along the lines of David Sedaris's Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim and Me Talk Pretty One Day. Seriously. Fun fun fun. And Indie will edit it.

If and when, a free signed copy is coming your way.

-The Kid

Thanks for the generous offer which is happily accepted. I will be waiting. Please just make sure that the book has a very nice cover. Why?. Because unlike others, I really am an idiot and I do judge a good book......or magazine.......by it's cover. I once had the subcription to the Orprah magazine (Q) and every issue, I had to see the same person on the front page. A very interesting magazine, but guess what I did about my subscription?. If only I had kept making it through the cover?.....who knows

Dont judge a woman by her looks. Yeah right!

Every human being has the right to be vain......atimes

Sholly