why are most dominicans eyebrows makeup?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sorry guys but i won't toss a barrio girl or assume she is a hooker based on the eyebrows. after all, have WE ALL looked in the mirror lately :ermm:

remember when your stomach was your chest :ermm:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Pues mira que si........

Hahahahaha, its funny to see people have no idea what types of women do this. The women who shave their eye brows and then pencil them on are either hookers or barrio cheap girls. This is tyical barrio fashion or hooker trade mark. Some of them go even further and try to put sort of like square eye brows in the medial end. You will never see a classy dominican woman do this. So if you have seen this in the majority of women, you were either in sosua or in poor barrios. Oh please don't tell me you know a decent girl who does this, hahahaha. In simple words, its a barrio Puta fashion and usually a typical hooker trade mark.
AZB
1,000% correct!!.

NOTHING NEW.

That's why MANY Dominicans know how to differentiate between classy and not classy.

MOST foreigners visiting the DR?, weeeeeell.........

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
14_Brow_Area_Bushy_Eyebrows.jpg

That's exactly how the eyebrows on my friend's mother looked. So I guess she would be considered a 'non working girl', right AZB?

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I have only noticed a small amount of dominican women with normal eyebrows. I saw one last trip and commented how I liked her with her natural eyebrows and she couldn't really answer to me why most girls have the painted ones. The only answers I ahve gotten was that it was cultural. They also seemed to like a lot of makeup to go out at night. Even after my comment of how I thought one girl looked much more attractive without all the makeup she later was out at night in full face paint.

I haven't exactly been hanging around the presidential palace so it could be common amongst the girls I am running into. I will have to do further research!

I personally prefer less makeup and the real eyebrows.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what i do not get is shaving eyebrows instead of plucking them - like we do it europe. i like thin brows myself but not unnaturally thin.
full makeup thing is another mystery.
the other day we went to minovio's sister graduation from PUCMM - it was packed with girls more made up then a bulgarian hooker serving truck drivers on polish highways! some of those girls had more pain on their faces than i have in my make-up bag! all color coordinated too!
and no, AZB, no barrio hookers, just young well-to-do dominican girls in their killer heels and expensive satin dresses.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
what i do not get is shaving eyebrows instead of plucking them - like we do it europe. i like thin brows myself but not unnaturally thin.
full makeup thing is another mystery.
the other day we went to minovio's sister graduation from PUCMM - it was packed with girls more made up then a bulgarian hooker serving truck drivers on polish highways! some of those girls had more pain on their faces than i have in my make-up bag! all color coordinated too!
and no, AZB, no barrio hookers, just young well-to-do dominican girls in their killer heels and expensive satin dresses.

Thats a funny analogy!! I can't understand how the young girls can wear sooooo much makeup in that heat. When I go lipstick is it! It is way too hot for any extra stuff on my face.:ermm:

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
1,000% correct!!.

NOTHING NEW.

That's why MANY Dominicans know how to differentiate between classy and not classy.

MOST foreigners visiting the DR?, weeeeeell.........

Some women all over the world shave thier eyebrow, it doesn't make them hookers, have you seen pictures of Tammy Fay Baker??? She's no hooker, just overly eccentric!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Some women all over the world shave thier eyebrow, it doesn't make them hookers, have you seen pictures of Tammy Fay Baker??? She's no hooker, just overly eccentric!!

We are talking about DR, not france. so please, listen and learn. Shaved eye brows is a hooker tag here, if she is not a hooker then she is certainly a barrio cheap girl.
AZB

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
We are talking about DR, not france. so please, listen and learn. Shaved eye brows is a hooker tag here, if she is not a hooker then she is certainly a barrio cheap girl.
AZB

Not neccessarily. Within modern fashion the perfectly arched eyebrow is envogue. This is current in countries around the world including the DR, so 'listen and learn' we women use makeup, razors, and other methods to achieve the desired look. Not all Dr women who draw on their brows are putas!!!

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
This could be more of a Latin American female thing because I also seen Puerto Ricans and Columbian sdo it as well, especially the middle aged women.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Eeeeewwwwwww that is soooo nasty!!!!!!

really ? you mean you like walking around with an Amazon rain forest ? :ermm:

ladies, plz explain the diff between "arched" eyebrows and "shaved" eyebrows...

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
You mean like Santiago socialite, daughter of former president Antonio Guzm?n, former Minister of Industry and Commerce, and Senior Negotiator of the DR-CAFTA, librarian (degree from the Universidad de Antioquia, Colombia), Lic. Sonia Guzm?n de Hern?ndez.

4kw42ud.jpg

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Many countries, including the US, will find older women, usually in the 40's and up, using make-up for eyebrows, many of them probably don't have full eyebrows like they used to when they were young. They are also usually guilty of applying heavy foundation, all in the point of trying to recapture their youth.

Now guys listen up, in the DR (Dominican Republic), if you see a young girl with penciled in or make up eyebrows, most of the time she'll be a hooker or from the barrio, period. Just like in NYC, if you see a young guy with shaved lines in his eyebrows, well you get my point. This goes equally in the DR and NYC.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Now guys listen up, in the DR (Dominican Republic), if you see a young girl with penciled in or make up eyebrows, most of the time she'll be a hooker or from the barrio, period. Just like in NYC, if you see a young guy with shaved lines in his eyebrows, well you get my point. This goes equally in the DR and NYC.

right on ricardo900. I am surprised to see some people just don't get it. The young girls with penciled eyebrows are either hookers or pure barrio trash. This is barrio/hooker fashion in DR. This is a fact so if you want to argue this point, go ahead but if you are smart, then take it from my experience of living here for 9 yrs.
AZB

P.S. I know why some dominican ladies who live outside of USA are offended. Most of the dominicans who live outside of the country are also from poor barrios. Naturally their cousins and many family members are from barrios in DR, thus, keen to this fashion. No wonder a barrio girl is picked out from a crowd like a sore thumb. This is why they are not allowed inside better establishments in capital and santiago. these barrio girls have no clue. So if you hang out in puta joints, carwashes or some tipico bar, you will see this barrio fashion all around you.
have you ever seen a dominican york dating a classy girl? Ever?
they are always with barrio fake rubias or putas from passion.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
A typical example:
A dominican woman just came to my office. She lives in miami and comes to visit her family who lives in Luperon. I have been to Luperon and believe me, I was not impressed. Now I am sure she is from a ghetto of Luperon because here is what I saw.
She comes in rented Sidekick type jepeta with her son who wears only a white T-shirt and shorts that are falling off to expose his underwear. i mean ,the shorts are below his glutes, held up by belt and his hands. Surprised to see mom didn't find this strange. Speaking of MOM, she was no amelia vega either. She still dresses up like a young chica, tight jeans and tight blouse. The has nails on her hands and feet painted with little designs on each nail (typical barrio/ghetto fashion). She didn't have her eyebrows shavedcompletely but thin and also penciled a bit and had the typical square endings where the eyebrows meets the ridge of the nose. She is no hooker but she is a typical chopa and yet she has no clue as to what she is representing.
I can bet she will not be allowed in any decent establishments in either santiago or capital. She knows where she belongs, montebar or andy's ranch.
AZB