what's worse thatn saying "the dominican"...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Rocky,
My first trip over I will doing the tourist thing and staying in some resort on the east end of the island. After that, I will be there quit a bit and will figure out how to survive then.
My biggest problem is that I can't drink water, except SmartWater. And then I can handle caffine free, sugar free soda also.
Am I in trouble when I get there?
I had to Google SmartWater just to find out what it was.
I highly doubt it will be available at an AI resort in the DR, and might not even be sold in the country.
There is a product sold in pharmacies under various names, that might be similar.
I have one here called "Electrolit".
It sounds similar to your SmartWater, only is flavoured. (apple/orange/etc)
I just hope you can find something out that way that will suit your needs.
Either that, or you're going to have to bring a case of your SmartWater with you.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que inteligenton!....

I "gotta" say that the OP was smart enough to start this thread on the "Clown Bin" because this is the only place this thread wouldn't be closed, like the others "The Dominican" threads, after a few posts.

Well, since I NEVER get tired of telling ignorant people off, here I go with the same thing I say all the time to people who call the country "The Dominican":

They lack education and/or respect for the country.

If a Dominican does it, maybe he/she is not well-educated of just doesn't care and if he/she doesn't care, then that shows lack of respect for the country.

If a foreigner does it because he/she doesn't know, then he/she should educated himself/herself about the country. If corrected and still keeps calling it "The Dominican" it shows lack of respect for the country.

As simple as that.

How come I have NEVER heard a well-educated Dominican, in the DR or in the US call it "The Dominican"?.

How come I only hear it from guys such as David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez and SOME merengueros, SOME bachateros and SOME Dominicans from barrios who relocated to other countries?.

You do the math and let me know if SOME of these people can be considered "Einsteins!!.

Only an ignorant person can keep calling a country by the wrong name after being corrected over and over. ESPECIALLY if he/she knows it's wrong!!.

Why do you think SOME of the same people call the WHOLE Dominican Republic, "Santo Domingo".

Yeah, even if going to the town they were born and raised, let's say Santiago, they say "I am going to Santo Domingo".

What a pathetic sight!!.

Last edited:

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
Hey Rocky,
Thanks for the info on 'Electrolit'. I will check it out when I am there. I figure that I won't have to bring much in the way of clothing when I come there, so I will just pack a lot of SmartWater.
SmartWater is made with an evaporation process, so it doesn't have all the same minerals in it as most bottled waters. The minerals is what I can't handle. I will track down Electrolit and test it out. It would be nice to avoid bringing my own beverage when I am going to be there for a month or more.
Thanks again for the info. I may pick your brain for more info later, if you don't mind.

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
And (only because this is in the clown bin - I am just joking here)

How did DeeJaa exist before the relatively recent invention of smart water? Maybe on Gatorade? Such a genetic requirement where regular water cannot be ingested is one that the marketing people at the manufacturer of Smartwater must really love. They should get DeeJaa for their next brainwashing ad campaign. Be careful DeeJaa, if you have children, it might cause great problems if this trait can be passed on and mother's milk won't do.

Yes, I think that I shoud be the spoke person for SmartWater, but that just isn't my thing.
I wasn't always with this problem. It only started 12 years ago. I spent 10 years drinking Caffine Free Sugar Free Pepsi. Believe me, after that many years of drinking soda, I have a few other problems. If they ever quit making SmartWater, I will have to make my own.
As far as children - I have many and many grand kids also. They have some of my same food allergies, but not the water. I cross my fingers all the time about that one.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Rocky,
Thanks for the info on 'Electrolit'. I will check it out when I am there. I figure that I won't have to bring much in the way of clothing when I come there, so I will just pack a lot of SmartWater.
SmartWater is made with an evaporation process, so it doesn't have all the same minerals in it as most bottled waters. The minerals is what I can't handle. I will track down Electrolit and test it out. It would be nice to avoid bringing my own beverage when I am going to be there for a month or more.
Thanks again for the info. I may pick your brain for more info later, if you don't mind.
Oh oh.
That means I have recommended exactly what you don't want.
Electrolit is full of minerals.
What about distilled water?
Could you drink that?
It's available at gas stations and parts suppliers all over, maybe in pharmacies too.

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
I had tried distilled water years ago and it didn't seem to work. Don't know why, maybe other factors. But, I think I will try again. It has got to be cheaper than the SmartWater and it sounds like it is available there also.

Lady

Apr 13, 2007
there are several class of water on sell here from diferent country then just try to get one of these one and all be good for you, just take one that can may good for you, and you won?t any problem, take the life simple.

Have a great trip.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Disagree

I "gotta" say that the OP was smart enough to start this thread on the "Clown Bin" because this is the only place this thread wouldn't be closed, like the others "The Dominican" threads, after a few posts.

Well, since I NEVER get tired of telling ignorant people off, here I go with the same thing I say all the time to people who call the country "The Dominican":

They lack education and/or respect for the country.

If a Dominican does it, maybe he/she is not well-educated of just doesn't care and if he/she doesn't care, then that shows lack of respect for the country.

If a foreigner does it because he/she doesn't know, then he/she should educated himself/herself about the country. If corrected and still keeps calling it "The Dominican" it shows lack of respect for the country.

As simple as that.

How come I have NEVER heard a well-educated Dominican, in the DR or in the US call it "The Dominican"?.

How come I only hear it from guys such as David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez and SOME merengueros, SOME bachateros and SOME Dominicans from barrios who relocated to other countries?.

You do the math and let me know if SOME of these people can be considered "Einsteins!!.

Only an ignorant person can keep calling a country by the wrong name after being corrected over and over. ESPECIALLY if he/she knows it's wrong!!.

Why do you think SOME of the same people call the WHOLE Dominican Republic, "Santo Domingo".

Yeah, even if going to the town they were born and raised, let's say Santiago, they say "I am going to Santo Domingo".

What a pathetic sight!!.

Miguel
Just because a person chooses to say "the Dominican", doesn't make them ignorant! Nor does it mean that they are disrespectful towards the country! You honestly think that a person saying this doesn't really know that is the Dominican Republic? Yeah, O.k! You called it the "DR", why is that alright? It's just a way of shortening it, no harm done. The United States Of America, or "the states". Is that disrespectful?

You need to take a chill pill:devious:
Steve
You need to

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lo "siento" mucho.....

Miguel
Just because a person chooses to say "the Dominican", doesn't make them ignorant! Nor does it mean that they are disrespectful towards the country! You honestly think that a person saying this doesn't really know that is the Dominican Republic? Yeah, O.k! You called it the "DR", why is that alright? It's just a way of shortening it, no harm done. The United States Of America, or "the states". Is that disrespectful?

You need to take a chill pill:devious:
Steve
You need to
Sorry Camarada, when it comes to MY OPINION, I don't need to take a "chill pill".

It's ok to disagree with me, but make sure you know that MY OPINION is NOT up for debate as MY OPINION is MINE and when it comes to MY OPINION, I am ALWAYS right.

Don't believe me, ask SOME of the members here, even the ones banned, preferably Escott, wahahahahahahahaha!!!!.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And y'all have to remember that we're in the clown bin.
From now on, I want you girls to behave.
If not, I'll sick escott on you both.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
And y'all have to remember that we're in the clown bin.
From now on, I want you girls to behave.
If not, I'll sick escott on you both.
Heyyy, that's Ms Girl for you!!.

Yeah, send that axxhole my way.

I don't know if you remember when I whole bunch of DR1 lowlives attacked me every time I posted, when I was a newbie, and I NEVER backed down.

MOST are banned, became part-time members or dissapeared.

Or better, hate me in "silence", hahahahahahaha!

AND I am still here, "vivito y coliando" wahahahahahahahahaha!!.

I am their "MONSTER" (their creation).

Man, I miss those days!!!!.

Nothing better than having a bunch of losers trying to make me change MY OPINIONS and NOT being able to do it!!!.

PRICELESS!!.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Pals

Heyyy, that's Ms Girl for you!!.

Yeah, send that axxhole my way.

I don't know if you remember when I whole bunch of DR1 lowlives attacked me every time I posted, when I was a newbie, and I NEVER backed down.

MOST are banned, became part-time members or dissapeared.

Or better, hate me in "silence", hahahahahahaha!

AND I am still here, "vivito y coliando" wahahahahahahahahaha!!.

I am their "MONSTER" (their creation).

Man, I miss those days!!!!.

Nothing better than having a bunch of losers trying to make me change MY OPINIONS and NOT being able to do it!!!.

PRICELESS!!.

So, I guess you & I won't be hanging out anytime soon, huh Miguel? :cheeky: That's just my OPINION!

Marco, how many points am I down to? I might have to send those blueberries down early! :ermm:
Steve

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
So, I guess you & I won't be hanging out anytime soon, huh Miguel? :cheeky: That's just my OPINION!

Marco, how many points am I down to? I might have to send those blueberries down early! :ermm:
Steve
If you're bringing blueberries, we'll get you a special point dispensation from the Pope in Rome.;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A record?

We might be setting some type of new record for the Clown Bin.
Multiple posts in a thread, are rather rare in here.
Perhaps we could also iscuss the meaning of life, as well as wart removal from my girlfriend's derriere, and how to make truffles, with just a microwave oven.
I expect some serious clown-like replies to these questions.