Centro Medico Cabarete & Sunbelt Medical International

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
Two nights for US$5k? Three nights for US$6.5k?

Incredible!

Mom CB spent 24 days at Coraminas, 11 days in ICU with 8 days on a ventilator, all doctor fees, tests, tomography, xrays, medicines, etc, for around US$23k.

Screw CNC and Sunbelt. You guys got taken big time! No way they would *ever* charge a Dominican or Dominican insurance company those kinds of fees.
Yup, even the doctor told us they love patients like us (patients with international insurance) since the insurance companies don't ask questions and pay whatever bill the hospital sends them.
They didn't even ask for a credit card or gave a bill, once they saw the international insurance card and called to confirm, they were happy as can be and even tried us to stay a 3rd night, which I fin ally refused because it was clear to me they weren't really doing anything anymore and just wanted to bill another night.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Yup, even the doctor told us they love patients like us (patients with international insurance) since the insurance companies don't ask questions and pay whatever bill the hospital sends them.
They didn't even ask for a credit card or gave a bill, once they saw the international insurance card and called to confirm, they were happy as can be and even tried us to stay a 3rd night, which I fin ally refused because it was clear to me they weren't really doing anything anymore and just wanted to bill another night.
We paid cash as we went along, every couple of days.

And I would audit the bill.

I ended getting RD$30,000 back in duplicate charges.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Good news is - all patients (now grousing) were treated and released
Hopefully healthy

Could be worse !!!

Speaking of healthy - I have a healthy relationship w/ CMC
My reception and treatment is good

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com

I our case the insurance company had a lot to say. First they said that they will cover for all costs involved, which they didn't do. They only paid the hospital bill, nothing else.

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
I our case the insurance company had a lot to say. First they said that they will cover for all costs involved, which they didn't do. They only paid the hospital bill, nothing else.
Yes, we had our regular health insurance plus an additional travel insurance, so all costs were covered by either one or the other.

interim888

Oct 2, 2019
We've got the letter to our home address abroad from Sunbelt. Asking to pay for the treatment received at CMC 11 months ago. We've forwarded the copy of letter to the CMC office and got a reply on the same day that the treatment was paid by the int. insurance company so we may disregard the letter. It was sent and delivered with delay.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The communication between the two doesn't seem to be good...

I had problems - all resolved - but took an intervention
CMC understands this, I think

Reactions: interim888