now allowed. I am receiving conflicting info. Thanks in advance. K
K, not looking good. Latest pics are in from SFM. Have a look
Screenshot_20200507-171318.png

Reactions: Caonabo

nrml

Mar 4, 2020
Hi to all. Does anyone know if the city is still shut down or is travel in/out
now allowed. I am receiving conflicting info. Thanks in advance. K

According to my family they opened it up, but have heard they may have closed it again [because numbers for infections went up again] I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Reactions: alexw

nrml

Mar 4, 2020
According to my family they opened it up, but have heard they may have closed it again [because numbers for infections went up again] I'll know for sure tomorrow.

@Kozy A family member who travels to Pimentel daily just confirmed there are still checkpoints in 3 of the city's entry points. Hope that helps.

Reactions: alexw

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Thanks so much. Just spoke to the office
that has my hearing aid, which I need to
pick up. They say the city is open. Who knows- - guess I'll just have to go and find out. Not the end of the world if I can't enter
the city. I'll post so everyone knows what is going on.

Feb 7, 2007
Technically transit is open, but there are checkpoints. And yeterday there was an article by the newspaper reporter that they actually mistreat people on those checkpoints, even members of press. People are apparently scared to go through those checkpoints because you never know what you will encounter. Verbal abuse by military is the "better card" you may be dealt. In worse cases you can be even detained as was the case of the reporter who wrote the article below.

Sep 22, 2009
Technically transit is open, but there are checkpoints. And yeterday there was an article by the newspaper reporter that they actually mistreat people on those checkpoints, even members of press. People are apparently scared to go through those checkpoints because you never know what you will encounter. Verbal abuse by military is the "better card" you may be dealt. In worse cases you can be even detained as was the case of the reporter who wrote the article below.

Well when you have people that really don't care or respect the national emergency. Also many many folks get lippy with the PN and the military staff. People approach the checkpoints ready for a fight. When it's a national emergency there are extraordinary powers that the military have at their discretion. I guess when you get lippy in these conditions you will probably lose big time. At minimum a good a$$ ripping.

Feb 7, 2007
Well when you have people that really don't care or respect the national emergency. Also many many folks get lippy with the PN and the military staff. People approach the checkpoints ready for a fight. When it's a national emergency there are extraordinary powers that the military have at their discretion. I guess when you get lippy in these conditions you will probably lose big time. At minimum a good a$$ ripping.

And the reason that Police and MIlitary now think they are Gods, I hope LFP and PRM will not vote to extend national emergency past May 17. WIthout LFP and PRM votes, the national emeregncy and curfew is a no go.

Feb 7, 2007
Second reason, for the past 3 weeks life looks normal in the streets, with exception of small stores and trades being closed, affecting PyME. Variosu PyMe associations and federations are calling for cease of economy closure, while CONEP (which groups the most important big enterprises) calls for continuaion... which is pretty obvious as CONEP members have not really been affcted at all (food producers, Brugal, Presidente, Claro, Altice, supermarkets like Lama, Grupo Ramos, CCN Jumbo), etc... virtually all CONEP members are the ones who are operating and racking in big $$$ while PyMEs are forced to be shut down.

Sep 22, 2009
And the reason that Police and MIlitary now think they are Gods, I hope LFP and PRM will not vote to extend national emergency past May 17. WIthout LFP and PRM votes, the national emeregncy and curfew is a no go.
Not to be a smart a$$ , Rubio, but you have to look at these things from all sides. You have to have compassion on all sides. My old man was military and police. He was very passionate on many issues. I could only try to keep an open mind, as I didn't have his direct experience. Most folks don't care about opinions from origin of no experience. They will lend an open ear though to the opinion of origin of experience.