Gonzalo Castillo campaigns saying that government transport will be free for students

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Gonzalo-Castillo-Listin-Diario-e1591020296392.jpeg

Seeking to appeal to the young voter segment, the largest in the Dominican Republic, ruling Dominican Liberation Party (PLD) presidential candidate Gonzalo Castillo announced that in his government students will not pay to ride government mass transport. He said Santo Domingo Metro, skylift and OMSA buses will be free for university students and vocational school student

“I want young people to have the same opportunities that I had to study and to realize themselves in life, that’s why the ticket in the Metro, Cable Car and the OMSA, will be free so that university and technical career students can go and return from their classes without that economic concern. This is not an expense, it is an investment,” he says in a new promotional video. He also indicated that in the next few days he will inform other sectors that will benefit from free transportation...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
"Seeking to appeal to the young voter segment"

Exactly what ran through my mind as I read the headline, prior to opening the article.
No better way to continue a tradition of stringing people along and keeping them dependent upon government, than to offer free stuff in exchange for their votes.

Sep 22, 2009
"Seeking to appeal to the young voter segment"

Exactly what ran through my mind as I read the headline, prior to opening the article.
No better way to continue a tradition of stringing people along and keeping them dependent upon government, than to offer free stuff in exchange for their votes.
Quite effective

• Wow
Reactions: etolw

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It creeps me out when I see pols who do not shave, in an attempt to appeal to the popular crowd.
He should just go with a man bun.