Will the National State of Emergency expire on 1 June 2020?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No extension after the second wave which would take us to the end of June. There will be only days to count down until election day at that time-frame.
To be clear, you think the SOE will end after the current extension? Then everything will open?

(I want to be able to write it in stone, like those co-called commandments).

DonDimi

Nov 28, 2016
well no matter what seems to be going on the political stage, here is another official news from Punta Cana Group below (looks like they are opening for local business on Jun.18 .... what is the deal with that ???
We are thrilled to welcome local guests to Punta Cana beginning June 18, 2020, and international guests beginning July 1, 2020.​
We have missed you here in Punta Cana and are thrilled to start welcoming vacationers back to our community starting June 18, 2020! We're doing a little happy dance right now, jumping at the chance to feel the sun on our skin and the sand between our toes!​

Sep 4, 2012
To be clear, you think the SOE will end after the current extension? Then everything will open?

Government will try for a second wave after the 13th of June (the extension just approved will take us to that date), hoping to get at least another 10 days (of course they would ask for 25), PRM will bitch and kick, but will give in (again), at that point of time that will take us to o/a June 24th - that's when I expect everything back to normal.

Week an a half prior to election day, for those counting. Perfect timing for party in charge!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Must you always take a passive/aggressive swipe at religion of others?
We know, you do not like any religion.....it's always the disclaimer you issue, but does not make it any more correct.
I do not take veiled swipes at what I think of amateur keyboard players within the music industry.
🙏 🎹

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
well no matter what seems to be going on the political stage, here is another official news from Punta Cana Group below (looks like they are opening for local business on Jun.18 .... what is the deal with that ???

We must love all the new members to the forum since the format changeover, and all that they contribute.

• Wow
Reactions: etolw

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, let's turn the forum into fubar

All the other oldies are there sharing all kind of useful stuff, like how to go to Janet's Cabarete and return with candies as change.

I do not participate on Facebook, or any of the other 300,000 social networking "Everything__________(fill in the blank sites).
I consider my time to be valuable, and appreciate DR1 for what it has been, is, and continues to offer.

Reactions: bienamor and etolw

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Must you always take a passive/aggressive swipe at religion of others?
We know, you do not like any religion.....it's always the disclaimer you issue, but does not make it any more correct.
I do not take veiled swipes at what I think of amateur keyboard players within the music industry.
🙏 🎹
To answer your question succinctly : Yes.

As to what you would say about keyboard players, me or otherwise, it is of no interest to me.
I know exactly where I sit in that realm.

I am too old to suffer fools.There are plenty of them in charge of the DR government, Edenorte, etc
that have a real impact on my day to day life. Take the CV-19 reopening schedules, please.

It will be interesting to see how people trying to force hotels open before they are allowed by the SOE will do , and if the SOE will
last long enough to support the full reopening plan or if and when that will all fall apart.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
To answer your question succinctly : Yes.

As to what you would say about keyboard players, me or otherwise, it is of no interest to me.
I know exactly where I sit in that realm.

I am too old to suffer fools.There are plenty of them in charge of the DR government, Edenorte, etc
that have a real impact on my day to day life. Take the CV-19 reopening schedules, please.
Then you have to wait for the decisions of those who exploits you from your desired life. Take it or leave it, you can't vote

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Government will try for a second wave after the 13th of June (the extension just approved will take us to that date), hoping to get at least another 10 days (of course they would ask for 25), PRM will bitch and kick, but will give in (again), at that point of time that will take us to o/a June 24th - that's when I expect everything back to normal.

Week an a half prior to election day, for those counting. Perfect timing for party in charge!
The party in charge, PLD, will try to extend the schedule through August as they planned, but you suggest that will fail the next time. I expect you are correct.

However, if the opposing party blocks the extension of emergency powers, everything will be able to reopen about 10 days before the election, but the Dominican people will not recognize it was the opposing party that allowed a full reopening and instead will vote PLD? I don't get that at all.

I do expect the PLD to lose the presidential election to Luis Abinader by quite a good margin so there is no need for a second vote.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Then you have to wait for the decisions of those who exploits you from your desired life. Take it or leave it, you can't vote

This time, you are correct. I live here. I have to take it. "It is what it is." But:

It is very likely I cannot vote in this election. I passed my DR citizenship test just before the government shut down. I am waiting for the call to be sworn in as a DR citizen. Then I can get my DR birth certificate and DR citizen's version of cedula and I will be able to vote. Next election. That said, I realize how much a vote really means. Nothing will change based upon my vote. I will still have to "take it", as you say.

Now back to the political manipulations and power struggles over CV-19

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
This time, you are correct. I live here. I have to take it. "It is what it is." But:

It is very likely I cannot vote in this election. I passed my DR citizenship test just before the government shut down. I am waiting for the call to be sworn in as a DR citizen. Then I can get my DR birth certificate and DR citizen's version of cedula and I will be able to vote. Next election. That said, I realize how much a vote really means. Nothing will change based upon my vote. I will still have to "take it", as you say.

Now back to the political manipulations and power struggles over CV-19
If you really believe nothing will change, you might cover a water bill and accept the 500 for your vote. Many do for the same reason as you.
Just saying

Go back to your guesswork. Have fun and hydrate

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you really believe nothing will change, you might cover a water bill and accept the 500 for your vote. Many do for the same reason as you.
Just saying

Go back to your guesswork. Have fun and hydrate
I "believe" 100% that my vote would have zero difference. I would actually say I don't think that my vote would make any difference at all. The word "belief" can have unwanted consequences in such discussions.

I didn't become a DR citizen to be able to vote, but I might anyway. $500 RD doesn't cover my water bill. We made a bad negotiation with the ladrone in charge about 18 years ago, and it is slightly higher than that.

What I "guess" is that I cannot predict the future.

• Wow
Reactions: etolw

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

100% aGREED.

Reactions: Wishing you well
Sep 4, 2012
The party in charge, PLD, will try to extend the schedule through August as they planned, but you suggest that will fail the next time. I expect you are correct.

Til the end of June would do for their purpose.

However, if the opposing party blocks the extension of emergency powers, everything will be able to reopen about 10 days before the election, but the Dominican people will not recognize it was the opposing party that allowed a full reopening and instead will vote PLD? I don't get that at all.

No quiet - by the PRM not voting in favor of the extension, the PLD gets to blame everything on them (COVID death, infections, the state of the economy, etc), remember that right now the government is subsidizing everything (SoE), plus is providing the most needed with Solidarity Cards, #Quedateencasa Program monies, etc, etc

See, once the SoE is not longer - all the assistance above will be taken away from those now getting it.

Once those receiving that kind of assistance see that the government will cease to do provide no more, they'll blame the PRM and will display their discontent by voting for PLD

I do expect the PLD to lose the presidential election to Luis Abinader by quite a good margin so there is no need for a second vote.

I haven't noted any good deeds done by Abinader, not even for elections purposes. The only candidate all over the masses right now is PLD Gonzalo. Because of that, I believe Gonzalo will win it all.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Til the end of June would do for their purpose.

No quiet - by the PRM not voting in favor of the extension, the PLD gets to blame everything on them (COVID death, infections, the state of the economy, etc), remember that right now the government is subsidizing everything (SoE), plus is providing the most needed with Solidarity Cards, #Quedateencasa Program monies, etc, etc

See, once the SoE is not longer - all the assistance above will be taken away from those now getting it.

Once those receiving that kind of assistance see that the government will cease to do provide no more, they'll blame the PRM and will display their discontent by voting for PLD

I haven't noted any good deeds done by Abinader, not even for elections purposes. The only candidate all over the masses right now is PLD Gonzalo. Because of that, I believe Gonzalo will win it all.
Yes, Gonzalo is spending plenty of taxpayers money, bribe money as well, and making lots of promises. He is still going to lose.

Reactions: aarhus