Good Experience With Temporary Residency Renewal

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
so can anyone tell how how the process associated with the renewal of cedula will go about? it used to be free years ago, do we have to pay separately for it now? will they give me a date to go the the extranjero junta central office or do i have to make one through internet? any forms to fill out? fees?
thanks in advance
Once you have residence card you go to Junta Central for foreigners no appointments. There they take your picture and finger prints,you check that all data is correct (Birth date, occupation, address, civil status) then you pay. It was 4000 pesos for 4 years permanent residence (cash or credit card). I always bring cash in case credit card system down.........always have plane B in the DR and you will be a happy resident. Usually in and out about 1/2 hour.

Let us know if anything has change.

Xtraveller

Reactions: cavok

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
so can anyone tell how how the process associated with the renewal of cedula will go about? it used to be free years ago, do we have to pay separately for it now? will they give me a date to go the the extranjero junta central office or do i have to make one through internet? any forms to fill out? fees?
thanks in advance

Just finished renewing our permanent residency. In and out of Migracion in an hour, 1.5 hours at the cedula place. It's 5000 pesos for the 4 year renewal. Just go from Migracion to the cedula place. All easy, no issues whatsoever. You need your receipt showing you have paid for the residency, your old residency card and a copy of your passport at Migracion. At the cedula place your need your new residency card and your old cedula. The system worked great, again.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This Thursday I will go to pick up my new residency card. The problem is, the last time i went to pay for the residency at the malecon office (about 2 weeks ago), they took my old residency card. I don't have that anymore. So how will i show my old residency card anywhere if i don't have it anymore?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
This Thursday I will go to pick up my new residency card. The problem is, the last time i went to pay for the residency at the malecon office (about 2 weeks ago), they took my old residency card. I don't have that anymore. So how will i show my old residency card anywhere if i don't have it anymore?
You have your cedula?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just renewed my temporary residency on Friday. In and out of DGM in an hour. They only asked me for a copy of my passport and a copy of the online receipt. That's it - no copies of cedula, residency card, nor the original carta de solicitud, the original repatriation insurance policy, or passpot fotos. I asked and was told they already had that info in the system from when I applied - didn't need them.

I was in JCE for an hour - longest I'd ever waited there. The parking lot was full of construction materials(no construction going on there that I could see), so I had to find a space on the other side of the street.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I finally went to immigration office last Thursday and I was in and out in less than 25 minutes. They took my picture and then they gave me my permanent residency card in less than 10 minutes.
the next day I went to pick up my cedula and it also took me less than 25 minutes in and out. I paid $5,000 cash for 4 years.

Reactions: aarhus

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I wish they would clearly spell out on the website which documents/copies you have to bring with you. It seems to change from year to year.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Just make three copies of everything example: three copies of your passport ,three copies of your residency card and three copies of your cedula. No photograph of passport size is needed. Make a copy of your "no antecedente penal" (police report). This should be enough to satisfy all the requirements on all the trips to immigration and cedula office.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just make three copies of everything example: three copies of your passport ,three copies of your residency card and three copies of your cedula. No photograph of passport size is needed. Make a copy of your "no antecedente penal" (police report). This should be enough to satisfy all the requirements on all the trips to immigration and cedula office.
None of that was needed when I went there the day after you - only one copy of my passport and a copy of the online payment receipt. Nothing else.

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
I wish they would clearly spell out on the website which documents/copies you have to bring with you. It seems to change from year to year.

There is a list right on the website with exactly what you need. The mandatory documents are marked with an asterisk.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
my permanent residency will expire next month. I would like to know if the immigration office is open and operating in the morning .can I still do it online and pay at the bank ?please let me know if the immigration office is functioning and not closed. Thanks.

Why do moderators allow permenant res renewals to highjack temp renewal threds?

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There is a list right on the website with exactly what you need. The mandatory documents are marked with an asterisk.
The documents that you need to submit to apply online are listed. The documents that you need to bring to DGM are not.

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Only a copy of each document is needed. Nevertheless, it is good practice to have a back up just in case as well as a personal archive of all your processes.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Only a copy of each document is needed. Nevertheless, it is good practice to have a back up just in case as well as a personal archive of all your processes.
Not true. As I've posted several times already, the only docs that DGM required from me last Friday were a copy of the online receipt and a copy of my passport. Nothing else. See my post #49.

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
Not true. As I've posted several times already, the only docs that DGM required from me last Friday were a copy of the online receipt and a copy of my passport. Nothing else. See my post #49.
EXACTLY! When you go through the online process the only one it says you need you need is the receipt and if necessary they will copy your passport at the office. The system works well and is very straightforward