Insulting call went through to the President yesterday.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
A phone call went through to the Palacio yesterday and a guy made it to speak to President Medina. He was a foreigner and offended all Domincans by giving a reprimand to the Head of State.

As reported by Listin Diario, the chap, his name was Pompeo or something, had the guts to make comments and suggestions on internal Dominican issues, such as changes to the Constitution of the Republic and the elections 2020. Who does he think he is?

The Dominican Repubic does not need foreign interference to solve its problems, and much less from countries which are hopelessly struggling themselves. And not only struggling by their mismanagement of COVID 19. The Dominican Republic, for example, repects the human dignity much better then they. How many homeless do you see in Santo Domingo an how many in LA (make an adjustment by reflecting the nation's GDP)? Here the cops do not kill the blacks in a debasing way and do not kneel thereafter. In the DR the press has a minimal respect for the dignity of their readers. They do not fill the front pages with stories of prostitutes suing their client, the President.

Call back - don't let them the get away

Call back that Pompeo at +1 212-415-4000 say that you are a foreigner, and reprimand the United States for what's going on there. And suggest him a beautiful solution: a wall. Yes, they should build that wall, but not just on the southern border, but shielding themselves on all frontiers, including electronic ones. Inside, they could reprimand themselves as much as they want and leave the world in peace.

Reactions: JD Jones

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
no surprise, clueless is as clueless does, or is it classless?
Note: Call Pompiss from a burner phone.:)
So all of you like human trafficking?

Yesterday Pompeo again called the attention of the Dominican Government, this time noting that it does not fully meet the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking. The issue was addressed yesterday when the Secretary of State and the daughter of US President Ivanka Trump, presented the Report on Trafficking in Persons in Washington. "The Government did not report the results of the investigations into the cases of official complicity in trafficking, and there was concern about the validity of the number of victims identified, given the accusations of complicity in the office of the prosecutor of trafficking," states the this year's study. It also indicates that in 2018, the Attorney General of the Republic, Jean Alain Rodríguez, replaced many of his best and most experienced prosecutors, including the prosecutor of the Unit Specialized in the Fight against Trafficking in Persons.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

Yesterday Pompeo again called the attention of the Dominican Government, this time noting that it does not fully meet the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking. The issue was addressed yesterday when the Secretary of State and the daughter of US President Ivanka Trump, presented the Report on Trafficking in Persons in Washington. "The Government did not report the results of the investigations into the cases of official complicity in trafficking, and there was concern about the validity of the number of victims identified, given the accusations of complicity in the office of the prosecutor of trafficking," states the this year's study. It also indicates that in 2018, the Attorney General of the Republic, Jean Alain Rodríguez, replaced many of his best and most experienced prosecutors, including the prosecutor of the Unit Specialized in the Fight against Trafficking in Persons.

Windy, Please don't try to confuse liberals with facts, you know they don't like them. They are all about "feelings"....

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
@ CaribeDigital.

So why still accepting third-world aid from the EU?
All foreign hotel or gold mine owners receive very nice welfare from the DR. As a right of being here.
The "aid" (most of which goes to pay the interest for debt back to the giver's banks) does not give anyone the right to call the President about the elections or the constitution.

This applies in particular to the countries, where the word "democracy" does not even appear in their constitution (but yes, they have a section about the return of slaves who escaped from their owners). Mention this when you call Pompeo.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
All foreign hotel or gold mine owners receive very nice welfare from the DR. As a right of being here.
The "aid" (most of which goes to pay the interest for debt back to the giver's banks) does not give anyone the right to call the President about the elections or the constitution.

This applies in particular to the countries, where the word "democracy" does not even appear in their constitution (but yes, they have a section about the return of slaves who escaped from their owners). Mention this when you call Pompeo.
How do you know Pompeo is American and does he speak for the government of the USA or as a private citizen? Personally I think you come across as 51 cards short of a deck.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

So you say the DR doesn’t need foreign interference but accept money. So it’s like someone living on welfare shouting “I don’t need your help!”. Well, your propositional logic is beyond my comprehension.

I do agree with you that no one has the right to insult a president. Of course not.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
So you say the DR doesn’t need foreign interference but accept money. So it’s like someone living on welfare shouting “I don’t need your help!”. Well, your propositional logic is beyond my comprehension.

I do agree with you that no one has the right to insult a president. Of course not.
The real aid the DR receives comes from people and NGO, like this guy who is advertising in this forum for school materials (respect!).
The "aid" from governments does not even deserve its name. The international banking system is in such bad shape that if one country defaults on its payments a chain reacion my follow rapidly. They send money here to pay their own banks. They are plugging the gaps and call it aid.

But even if some part of the aid was real, nobody has the right to make reprimands to the President.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The real aid the DR receives comes from people and NGO, like this guy who is advertising in this forum for school materials (respect!).
The "aid" from governments does not even deserve its name. The international banking system is in such bad shape that if one country defaults on its payments a chain reacion my follow rapidly. They send money here to pay their own banks. They are plugging the gaps and call it aid.

But even if some part of the aid was real, nobody has the right to make reprimands to the President.
The US government averages 57 million dollars in direct aid to the DR every year. Then there is all the indirect aid given to all the Dominican immigrants, legal and illegal living in the USA. What aid does the DR provide to the USA?

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019

All of who? I don't speak for anyone but myself.

Your free to give the guy a call and tell him how wonderful you think he is. Just like I can say he can be doing a better job in his own country. I'd still use a burner phone even you want be a kiss up.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
The US government averages 57 million dollars in direct aid to the DR every year. Then there is all the indirect aid given to all the Dominican immigrants, legal and illegal living in the USA. What aid does the DR provide to the USA?
Sovereignty and dignity are not traded for money. I understand people grown in an imperialist cage have problems to grasp it.
This is not a topic about economy nor the call to president Medina was about economic issues.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Sovereignty and dignity are not traded for money. I understand people grown in an imperialist cage have problems to grasp it.
This is not a topic about economy nor the call to president Medina was about economic issues.
Since the DR government has acted like a Narco state and is one of the most corrupt countries in an area of corrupt countries and has borrowed huge amounts of dollars from foreign banks they lost their sovereignty and dignity a long time ago.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019

Same can be said about France and many other European countries. Canadá as well. Let’s not forget the US also receives foreign aid. How do you think they became trillions of dollars in debt... to China? Playing poker? 🤦🏾‍♂️

But I tend to forget that most people are unaware of how countries and the economic world runs. The reason most of you worked you’re entire lives for nothing more than a pension. Not intelligent or savvy enough to understand. Proven by your life choices... 😂

No, financial assistance does not require foreign interference.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Since the DR government has acted like a Narco state and is one of the most corrupt countries in an area of corrupt countries and has borrowed huge amounts of dollars from foreign banks they lost their sovereignty and dignity a long time ago.

I hope you’re not European or American making this statement. Calling other countries corrupt is an oxymoron for you if so. You need to open up a history book, and review FBI and CIA files that are now available through the FOIA.

Some of you people sound entirely clueless and are obviously easily manipulated. I would love to have some of you as employees...😏

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
I hope you’re not European or American making this statement. Calling other countries corrupt is an oxymoron for you if so. You need to open up a history book, and review FBI and CIA files that are now available through the FOIA.

Some of you people sound entirely clueless and are obviously easily manipulated. I would love to have some of you as employees...😏
If history teaches anything,is that the Dominican Government is corrupt and has been that way since 1900.As for being one of your employees,you were most likely a Perp i arrested.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
This is as if a prostitute's client would be condemning her of immoral conduct.

As the biggest importer of narcotics in the world the US knows well how to play the other chain members, including the DR.
And they have not lost the war on drugs because the gangs were stronger, no. They wanted to lose it, because drug use and abuse is such a beautiful way to control the society. Imagine a student who smoked pot and 10 years later wants to become a sentator. The American KGB is well skilled to tame such cantidates to play along the Deep State lines. Same in internatonal relations on the government level.