When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
During the hours referred to in the provision, work will be allowed for both mounting and holding the next presidential elections and proselytizing in the open.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
The horse is out of the barn. Welcome all comers from Florida, Texas and Arizona!

All the AI workers from Santo Domingo can transport more contagion from Punta Cana.

Great plan!

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
NanSanPedro
Don't worry about it ! It will work itself out.
Besides, worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it won't get you anywhere. :)
IMHO.... July 7th is the make or break date for travel from MIA to POP.

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
I bought a ticket through JetBlue airlines End of May for return to the Dominican from Boston Massachusetts on July 1. Since I read that Punta Cana was more than likely going to be an Airport that was open, I bought one for that airport. I also bought another ticket, a direct flight from Boston to Santo Domingo Airport, since this is closer to my home than Punta Cana. I am a legal resident of the Dominican and I do volunteer work down there and my volunteer work is now done by Internet. I could stay in the United States and do it but I prefer to be in my home down there. I flew back at the very end of April to the US, wearing an N95 mask and gloves. I have been tested for Antibodies as well as for the virus itself and both have come back negative. I am very careful! I just look forward to getting home this coming Wednesday. There is speculation that after the election on July 5, they will do the same thing they did in March after the elections and shut down the borders again. In March they shut down the borders three days after the election was completed. Both of my flights were confirmed yesterday and I terminated my reservation to Punta Cana since it’s much better for me to fly into Santo Domingo. After I arrive this coming Wednesday I will post a message as to whether I got in and any hassles to stay there

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I bought a ticket through JetBlue airlines End of May for return to the Dominican from Boston Massachusetts on July 1. Since I read that Punta Cana was more than likely going to be an Airport that was open, I bought one for that airport. I also bought another ticket, a direct flight from Boston to Santo Domingo Airport, since this is closer to my home than Punta Cana. I am a legal resident of the Dominican and I do volunteer work down there and my volunteer work is now done by Internet. I could stay in the United States and do it but I prefer to be in my home down there. I flew back at the very end of April to the US, wearing an N95 mask and gloves. I have been tested for Antibodies as well as for the virus itself and both have come back negative. I am very careful! I just look forward to getting home this coming Wednesday. There is speculation that after the election on July 5, they will do the same thing they did in March after the elections and shut down the borders again. In March they shut down the borders three days after the election was completed. Both of my flights were confirmed yesterday and I terminated my reservation to Punta Cana since it’s much better for me to fly into Santo Domingo. After I arrive this coming Wednesday I will post a message as to whether I got in and any hassles to stay there
Politics plays a major role here. We will see what happens after the election and after the party in charge changes hands in mid-August.

The game is afoot.

Reactions: Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The horse is out of the barn. Welcome all comers from Florida, Texas and Arizona!

All the AI workers from Santo Domingo can transport more contagion from Punta Cana.

Great plan!
You forgot Nueva Yolk.

Please be careful, only you can decide what to do next for yourself.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Captain's Log, Stardate 27 June, 2012hrs.

We have an Amerijet cargo flight enroute to Santiago (STI) from San Juan (SJU).
No further aircraft activity within RD airspace as of this entry.

Reactions: aarhus

habi

Oct 17, 2015
No it's not a curfew!
No business allowed between 8 pm and 5 am but with the exeption of hotels, restaurants and some others...

suspensión de las actividades económicas, sociales y recreativas desde las 8:00 p.m. hasta las 5:00 a.m. todos los días de la semana, con la excepción de las siguientes actividades:
6. Los servicios de hotelería y otros lugares de hospedaje, así como los servicios de restaurantes y otros lugares de comida, siempre en cumplimiento de los protocolos establecidos para las actividades turísticas y culinarias.

Guess what? The above is not valid anymore... Surprise, surprise! 🤪🤪

Here the declaration from the ministry of health:

Restaurants have to work like now. There is no exception for them like mentioned in the link from noticiassin.com....:(:(

Reactions: Andre14615

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.