It looks like the DR will not reopen to tourism on 1 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Don't the beaches return after the SoE ?
Was on the Puerto Plata malecon (bar hopping)
Saturday afternoon and had breakfast at #5 yesterday
morning before heading back down to Santiago. No one I
asked could give me yes or no answer regarding this
question and this includes 4 bar/ restaurant owners I spoke with.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I received an email on Friday from the pro shop at Iberostar in Bavaro. The golf course will reopen Wed July 1 with similar restrictions that other golf courses around the world have. The restaurant will remain closed and they prefer to take credit cards or e transfers for payment.

If I was there I would be teeing off on Wednesday.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Scamdemic? Seriously? I guess 125k dead and rising isn't real, huh? Am I misreading your intention using scamdemic as you post?
There is obviously something going on that the general population is not privy to. In the 2017/18 flu season over 80,000 Americans died from the H1N1 strain and there was hardly a mention in the media. I for one do not believe the numbers they are giving is factual. I think they are combining typical flu cases with covid to inflate the numbers for whatever reason.

The second most ridiculous thing here is most countries are testing a lot more people than they where and are concerned that there are more report cases. What the hell did they think would happen. Until unbiased media starts reporting factual stories more and more people will do whatever they want and ignore warnings as nobody wants to be lied to or mislead.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Our flight 493 JFK-SDQ is operating beginning July 1. I checked every day in July and I can see the exact passenger loads. In fact, it is full on July 1 and other days also. Departs JFK at 9am.
I hope you're right since my flight for today was cancelled and they told me they're not flying back until August 2nd.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
There is obviously something going on that the general population is not privy to. In the 2017/18 flu season over 80,000 Americans died from the H1N1 strain and there was hardly a mention in the media. I for one do not believe the numbers they are giving is factual. I think they are combining typical flu cases with covid to inflate the numbers for whatever reason.

The second most ridiculous thing here is most countries are testing a lot more people than they where and are concerned that there are more report cases. What the hell did they think would happen. Until unbiased media starts reporting factual stories more and more people will do whatever they want and ignore warnings as nobody wants to be lied to or mislead.
True one point of view seems to focus on cases of people being positive although not seriously sick maybe not even any symptoms. Another view looks at mortality as the most important and if its not high it’s not considered significant. I would think focus should be on how many get seriously ill and especially hospitalized and the strain on the health care system.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
True one point of view seems to focus on cases of people being positive although not seriously sick maybe not even any symptoms. Another view looks at mortality as the most important and if its not high it’s not considered significant. I would think focus should be on how many get seriously ill and especially hospitalized and the strain on the health care system.
Over 500 people (ón average) a month died here last year of inluenza. I'll stop çalling this crap a hoax but something aint adding up.

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018

Obvious to you maybe. But not everyone else. I get that you think there is some type of conspiracy, and believe me, nobody cares that you don't believe the facts posted by Johns Hopkins and the CDC. Sure,they are combining the flu numbers with Covid 19.-simply hilarious. But thanks for the laugh though.

• Haha
Reactions: GusFring

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018

The number of confirmed infections, which took roughly 40 days to double after hitting five million in May, may be substantially underestimated, public health officials say. Data released last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicated that the actual figures in many regions of the United States are probably 10 times as high as reported.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We - the local idiots - guess and speculate all day long

Scientists don't like to guess & speculate.....
but - in this case - they are...

Nobody but nobody has a good grip on this

Reactions: 1greasy and MarJD

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The number of confirmed infections, which took roughly 40 days to double after hitting five million in May, may be substantially underestimated, public health officials say. Data released last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicated that the actual figures in many regions of the United States are probably 10 times as high as reported.
More infections with less deaths means we are winning. Its called buiłding a healthy(ier) immune system..

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Too funny. Please don't tell me that you think herd mentality is the answer.
All sarcasm aside look at the numbers. The WHO says that there are 13 million cases of H1N1 this year with only 6600 deaths. How is that even remotely possible?

I never claimed a conspiracy but I do claim bullshit reporting. The majority of respitory illness are all being lumped into Covid numbers. Is it for better Federal funding? Who knows. But I do know this whole pandemic does not pass the smell test.

I am not disagreeing that there are mass fatalities around the world. What I am disagreeing with is the cause of death that is being blamed on covid.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I can also see this conversation being moved to OT as it's touching the political threshold. If it does get moved hold your thought till you get 500 posts and we can continue then.

Reactions: drstock and aarhus

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
All sarcasm aside look at the numbers. The WHO says that there are 13 million cases of H1N1 this year with only 6600 deaths. How is that even remotely possible?

I never claimed a conspiracy but I do claim bullshit reporting. The majority of respitory illness are all being lumped into Covid numbers. Is it for better Federal funding? Who knows. But I do know this whole pandemic does not pass the smell test.

I am not disagreeing that there are mass fatalities around the world. What I am disagreeing with is the cause of death that is being blamed on covid.
🙄

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Too funny. Please don't tell me that you think herd mentality is the answer.
If there is no herd immunity, there is likely no vaccine. Would you have everyone isolate forever and ever, cause that is a very long time.

AA has planes flying in heavy (as in full with no social distancing) as soon as they are allowed to land in the DR.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
If there is no herd immunity, there is likely no vaccine. Would you have everyone isolate forever and ever, cause that is a very long time.

AA has planes flying in heavy (as in full with no social distancing) as soon as they are allowed to land in the DR.
Herd immunity is always important for a coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.