Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Here's a true look inside the sdq airport. I don't see none of the safety measures being enforced(besides masks). If you have issues with urban culture, language, etc do not watch

It is good to see that the RD is still attracting the best and brightest of the tourist world. I hope they have travel insurance.

• Haha
Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
What was the point of months of quarantine when now the doors are now wide open without restrictions?

Yea baby, just like it should be. About 30% of people died from moonshine as the Wuhan flu. and Listin Diario (biggest local paper if you don't live here) printed last week that the Public Health said that 42% of "deaths from Covid) were "PROBABLY " from the virus. The WORLD should never have bee shut down in the first place.
OPEN UP!!!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Yea baby, just like it should be. About 30% of people died from moonshine as the Wuhan flu. and Listin Diario (biggest local paper if you don't live here) printed last week that the Public Health said that 42% of "deaths from Covid) were "PROBABLY " from the virus. The WORLD should never have bee shut down in the first place.
OPEN UP!!!

I also enjoy reading
Listin Diario Logo

Here a few interesting articles from todays edition.

El COVID-19 daña el sistema endocrino, según un estudio

Unos 951 casos registrados de Covid-19: otra cifra récord en RD en 24 horas

Se registran diez nuevas muertes por COVID-19 en RD; aumentan a 775

Virus comenzó a expandirse con mayor intensidad en las provincias de la zona fronteriza

Miami ordena toque de queda y cierra algunos negocios

Gran Bretaña retira cuarentena a 60 países, deja fuera a EEUU
pero no Estados Unidos, el país con más casos de COVID-19 del mundo.

Ninguna vacuna que se investiga contra la covid está suficientemente avanzada

Ninguna de las 17 vacunas que están en ensayos clínicos están los suficientemente avanzadas para pronosticar cuando podrían iniciar a producirse de una manera eficaz

EE.UU. supera por primera vez los 50.000 contagios de COVID-19 en 24 horas

Aeropuerto de Puerto Plata se prepara para reiniciar sus operaciones este sábado
A partir del 7 de julio llegarán vuelos diarios desde Nueva York y Miami.....

Yeah Baby, Just like it should be........Let them all in to spread the joy!

Eventos sociales: Así serán las celebraciones en la nueva normalidad

FESTEJO
Eventos sociales: Así serán las celebraciones en la nueva normalidad

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
And on the photo you look like such an intelligent young man!

Well thank you, but the photo is not of me. Rather, it is of the American singer Sam Cooke, one of my favourite singers of all time, who in my younger days many said I happened to resemble. Alas, I am not as young as I used to be, but much more intelligent with the years I currently possess.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
With less than 800 deaths with a population of 10,000,000, that amounts to a death rate of 0.008% (true percentage is lower as I used 800 out of 10m). Out of confirmed cases; 358,000, the death rate is 0.22%. Hardly anything to fear.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
With less than 800 deaths with a population of 10,000,000, that amounts to a death rate of 0.008% (true percentage is lower as I used 800 out of 10m). Out of confirmed cases; 358,000, the death rate is 0.22%. Hardly anything to fear.

Yeah nothing to fear,
They were old, had weak immune systems, would've died by gunshots or traffic accidents and anyhow too many people in the world.
Carry on.....

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Yeah nothing to fear,
They were old, had weak immune systems, would've died by gunshots or traffic accidents and anyhow too many people in the world.
Carry on.....

Unlike you emotionally driven beta males, some of us realize that death is inevitable and the only true destiny in life. We accept this fact and move on.

I’m betting you’re of old age, one of those idiots who think they still hold relevance even though you’ve passed the age of 60 and has no real use anymore in society other than becoming fertilizer. This virus is for people exactly like you.

So, stay locked in your bunker as those of us who have zero symptoms and healthy carriers continue with life as evolution wants us to as it cuts out the weaker, useless of our society as it’s mean to. 😉

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What happened to Dominican lives matter?
This is like handing out smallpox blankets to the indigenous people!

What happened was...somewhere along the road, along with Shut the Border matters,Black Lives Matter, Me too, Dominican Lives matter, Screw The Shop keeper Lives Don't Matter , Me, Me, Me, and Strong Opinions from People that Have No Skin in the Game Matters, some wise people that think their lives matter TOO ,have embraced personal responsibility and are tired of listening to those "Matter" people. That's what happened to those meme following people. Believe it or not.Not everyone follows the Pied Piper or is always ready to drink the Kool Aid. Only some.
Your question really should be, Have I given the subject matter solid rational thinking and have I come to the best decision for "My Life Matters Too"?

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
1000 mark of new COVID cases hit yesterday
Not a surprise for anyone familiar with the statistics, but let's see how will the media react (election day!). The journalists usually live from new, big numbers... unless told otherwise.
How are the neighbors doing? Here active cases:
DR 15 900
Puerto Rico 7 400
Haiti 4 800
Cuba 51
(multiply Puerto Rico by 3.3. to adjust for population size (=24 000). Cuba and Haiti have similar population.)

source: Bing

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Another youtuber showing the streets of Santo Domingo Este. Skim through the video as the guy is beyond boring. No one is wearing a mask

Reactions: pokerplayer

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
Another youtuber showing the streets of Santo Domingo Este. Skim through the video as the guy is beyond boring. No one is wearing a mask

Looks like a nice place to take a stroll and keep your distance from other people should you wish. Not too many people out for a Friday night. I'll have to check out that park when I get down there in a couple/few weeks.

My girlfriend who lives in Andres told me that the gripe (flu) is running rampant through the barrio on the north side of the autopista. I expect it's likely Covid19. She said it's been rough for a couple of people but they seem to be recovering. Two older people passed away in the past month. One had obvious respiratory issues and the other was likely heart related. Neither were in good health prior to the most recent illness.

People are getting back to normal life. She went shopping at Ole La Caleta near the airport and said everyone was wearing a mask in the store and were being respectful. Outside walking around not so much. I have a feeling they will be have herd immunity before a vaccine is available.

Reactions: Andre14615

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
What happened was...somewhere along the road, along with Shut the Border matters,Black Lives Matter, Me too, Dominican Lives matter, Screw The Shop keeper Lives Don't Matter , Me, Me, Me, and Strong Opinions from People that Have No Skin in the Game Matters, some wise people that think their lives matter TOO ,have embraced personal responsibility and are tired of listening to those "Matter" people. That's what happened to those meme following people. Believe it or not.Not everyone follows the Pied Piper or is always ready to drink the Kool Aid. Only some.
Your question really should be, Have I given the subject matter solid rational thinking and have I come to the best decision for "My Life Matters Too"?

Indeed,
Since March I have been living with minimum restrictions.
I've bee outside enjoying life, doing sports, going for trips and walks, not locked up in Quarantine as in the DR or US.
Because I live in an advanced country with a responsible government, which did the right things and minimized CV19 deaths and infections.

Go figure.
Enjoy your life in the DR or US, I'm glad that I am not in neither place.

PS I know how my family fared so far in the DR, no fun in the last months!

Reactions: CaribeDigital

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Unlike you emotionally driven beta males, some of us realize that death is inevitable and the only true destiny in life. We accept this fact and move on.

I’m betting you’re of old age, one of those idiots who think they still hold relevance even though you’ve passed the age of 60 and has no real use anymore in society other than becoming fertilizer. This virus is for people exactly like you.

So, stay locked in your bunker as those of us who have zero symptoms and healthy carriers continue with life as evolution wants us to as it cuts out the weaker, useless of our society as it’s mean to. 😉
I hope that wink at the end indicates that your post is ironic! If not, I doubt your parents would be proud of such an uncaring statement!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Deal HD

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
You know those moderators like us to stay on topic and focus on the DR,
Here some more fun and games in the DR.
Are you contributing from Japan? If so, kon'nichiwa.

Of course those are all weak and sissies, no alpa males there......

Infectados por Covid-19 en un día alcanza récord con 1,036 casos nuevos
En total en la República Dominicana se han reportado 36,184 casos confirmados.

Unos 11 fallecieron por Covid-19 ayer, para un total de 786 en RD
Según la emisión del boletín número 107 del ministerio de Salud Pública

COVID19
Ayer se registró el mayor número de contagios por Covid-19 en un día, con 951 casos

CORONAVIRUS
Prevalece la angustia entre los que van por pruebas al Defilló
Hay laboratorios privados que alegan agotamiento de reactivos y algunos pacientes no entran ni siguiera a sus listas de espera.

Prevalece la angustia entre los que van por pruebas al Defilló

Ayer se registró el mayor número de contagios por Covid-19 en un día, con 951 casos

Reactions: CaribeDigital

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
This has been discussed several hundred times in the past several months, across numerous thread lines.
Higher positive testings, are directly related to more testings being performed.
In regards to deaths, are the persons who are passing doing so because of Covid-19, or are they merely testing positive for Covid-19 afterwards?
You have made your decision to stay away. This is good for you. Keep sending the Western Union remittances though, this is good for the RD economy.

Reactions: Garyexpat
Status
Not open for further replies.