Beaches are closed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
This morning the beach next to Playa Dorada was open, this afternoon Cestur was blocking the entrance and said it was closed for 45 days. This is insane, everything else is open but the beaches must be closed. I am not understanding the logic.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
This morning the beach next to Playa Dorada was open, this afternoon Cestur was blocking the entrance and said it was closed for 45 days. This is insane, everything else is open but the beaches must be closed. I am not understanding the logic.
Alibi measure. The logic is "see, we do something"

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I think they are going to really try and keep people from gathering together and moving all over the country all while not shutting everything down again. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with for a plan.

Reactions: Billp16

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
I think they are going to really try and keep people from gathering together and moving all over the country all while not shutting everything down again. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with for a plan.
Exactly!

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Think of Sundays.

Reactions: GusFring

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Time to put your big boy pants on and....just suck it up.

So tired of entitled people.

Really?? Entitled??? Entitled to what? Wanting to go out into the sun, which by the way,, makes Vitamin D to protect you and the same sun which kills wuhan chinese virus in 2 minutes??? Ya,, I think I should be entitled to exercise on the beach in the sun and cestur shouldnt have a say about it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Odds are a representation of probability. The odds are not good that you would actually know any of hundreds of thousands who have died after contracting this virus. So on the surface your statements about not knowing anyone who got seriously ill isn't surprising. However, we do know that some people do get very sick an die. A record number in this country for a single day in the last official update. by the way.

My wife almost died. HOMS is freaked the fuck out. This Country needs to do something and something FAST! I get messages daily of people who have had COVID on the NC and Santiago but don't share it publicly. I would literally rather be in the US than here at this point. At least they have more Hospitals and better Health care and TESTING! The hospitals are on the verge of collapse. The testing is NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH or quick enough. I was quarantined with my wife for 2 weeks in the hospital with her in the COVID ward and they did not give me a test. I asked twice but they were so stressed about it bc they just don't have enough tests and save them for very ill people and the waiting for others is a while. No point for me to take a test away from someone who really needs it as I already knew so I stopped asking. Staying home for 2 weeks from when we left the hospital.
It's an absolute disaster here.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
My wife almost died. HOMS is freaked the fuck out. This Country needs to do something and something FAST! I get messages daily of people who have had COVID on the NC and Santiago but don't share it publicly. I would literally rather be in the US than here at this point. At least they have more Hospitals and better Health care and TESTING! The hospitals are on the verge of collapse. The testing is NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH or quick enough. I was quarantined with my wife for 2 weeks in the hospital with her in the COVID ward and they did not give me a test. I asked twice but they were so stressed about it bc they just don't have enough tests and save them for very ill people and the waiting for others is a while. No point for me to take a test away from someone who really needs it as I already knew so I stopped asking. Staying home for 2 weeks from when we left the hospital.
That has to be tough but thanks for sharing

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
All the best to your family!!! Stay safe..

Reactions: Buck

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
the beach at costambar was closed although the bars/restaraunts were open sat. I dont know is this for 45 days?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Puerto Plata council put order in close parks and beaches..

user123

Aug 16, 2017
I think it is a bit of a stretch to suggest that life goes on as usual. Covid is in he back of everyone's mind They may choose to ignore it or make poor decisions for themselves but nowhere is life going on as normal like in the past.

What "poor decisions"? They're living their lives normally, precautiously but not closing anything or going into the panic mode.

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Status
Not open for further replies.