Age gap relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrydubois

Jul 23, 2020
Israel
Domincans in the US send money back home, very common.

Right. So it's just weird that on UkraineDate is try to chat with woman who is young enough to be your daughter you will totally ignored while on Dominican Cupid it's totally the opposite reaction. I think that economically Ukraine and the DR are about the same. You would think that the number of aspiring sugar babies in both countries should be similar.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Plenty of "old" Dominican men of all types in relationships with young women. Some people need to simply get off their horse, so to speak.

Having said that, there is a campaign against young women dating and even marrying "old" men. They have advertisements in several streets in Dominican cities with their website (no casarse con viejo or something like that).

This reminds me of people that are denied entry at some nightclubs alleging "fiesta privada", which most of the time is nonsense to whomever gets in. Some of those that are dark and refused entry by the bouncer at the door claim their skin color is the reason. The only problem is that I have seen people that are basically white refused entry at Dominican clubs too or told to take off their earrings (men) or not be allowed in. Some were denied for being overweight. Discrimination is wrong regardless, but when some people claim they weren't let in due to their skin color and then you go in and see people that are even darker than them, obviously the bouncer was a prick to you because for whatever reason he didn't like you.

I've seen that many years ago in nightclubs in the US too. One of the times I was in line with a group of friends waiting to get in I think it was the Coqui club in White Plains, NY. Two groups ahead of us was a black guy who was refused entry at the club.Holly molly, did he made a scene. He was very loud claiming he wasn't allowed in due to his skin color. I go in and I kid you not, a black guy crossed right in front of me inside the club. There were other people, many darker and more African looking than the denied, that I saw dancing, sitting down at a table with friends, etc. I'm sure the guy that was denied to this day probably considers that club "racist" and refuse to go there again, but based on what I saw inside I beg to differ. There was something about you specifically that the bouncer didn't like, that became very clear the moment I walked in and saw that guy walk right in front of me. You basically can't get any blacker than him, its not humanly possible. Of course, a person needed to get in first to notice them. If you're denied at the door, then...

Last edited:

harrydubois

Jul 23, 2020
Israel
Actually, I shouldn't be so glib. The same thing happens in the states and Europe. Gold diggers and insecure old men have a way of finding each other.
In the US a sugar baby will not proudly show off her sugar daddy to her mom and her cousins however I think in the DR she will. Am I right? It's not stigmatized as I understand it.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
In the US a sugar baby will not proudly show off her sugar daddy to her mom and her cousins however I think in the DR she will. Am I right? It's not stigmatized as I understand it.

Some of the other vets can probably offer better insight, but based on my personal observations you are largely correct.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Right. So it's just weird that on UkraineDate is try to chat with woman who is young enough to be your daughter you will totally ignored while on Dominican Cupid it's totally the opposite reaction. I think that economically Ukraine and the DR are about the same. You would think that the number of aspiring sugar babies in both countries should be similar.
DR is better and it is a hell of a lot closer to the USA, oh and they have nice beaches to! If you have questions about where to stay fire away. All Inclusive resorts do not book a room there.

Jan 9, 2004
I am curious about is age gap relationships in the DR.

I will be 60 in a few weeks. I think I take good care of myself, I look good for my age, however that is my age.

I recently joined Ukrainian Date and got zero interest from women under 40. Nothing. Even some nasty responses "Why don't date my mother?"

A few days later I joined the sister dating site Dominican Cupid. Totally the opposite reaction. Gorgeous women 25 and up are falling all over themselves wanting to hook up with me. I have arranged actually to spend August with a 25 year old with supermodel looks in her apartment in the DR.

This is using the same dating profile.

And it doesn't seem to be about money. As far as I can tell, the average living conditions in Ukraine and the DR are about equal. In fact, Ukraine is in the middle of a war. I would think Ukrainian girls would be more desperate.

And I don’t think that Ukrainian women are especially prudish or shy. I do not know statistics, however I believe that a large percentage of Ukrainian women are sex workers (of course not most, however it is not taboo in Ukraine).

I am wondering if this is because the DR is a much more traditional, patriarchal society. The husband is the boss. It's OK for him to be as old, if not a bit older, than your father. It's OK to marry "Papi".

Alternatively, and I wonder if this is true of other of Latin America, is there is a tall, white, blue eyed American man fetish among many women. I really don't know. I am just throwing that out there as possibility.

I am really confused why there is a 180 degree difference between Ukraine and the DR regarding age gap, and it seems to be something other than my wallet (which is very thin; I make no secret of that) or my passport.

It seems to be something are Dominican culture.

There are a number of posters here who are in long term relationships/marriages with Dominicans. Some with age differences of 10, 20, 30 years.

You would be culturally naive to believe to that all Dominican women/men will accept those age differences for the right reason(s). But know they exist and are possible.

That being said, if really interested, you need to go there, spend time, learn the language, culture and get introduced to the right people.

And for what it is worth, you will likely not find what you are seemingly looking for in Sosua, Boca Chica, Punta Cana, or on Dominican Cupid.

Good luck to you.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: harrydubois

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Usually not an issue so long as one is not an Ogre.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife's cousin is divorced and living in NY. He hooked up with a young Dominican girl he met online. She is younger than three of his four children. He brought her here to Jarabacoa and asked my wife to hire her so she would have something to do while he was back in NY and so basically the family could spy on her. He ended up marrying her and is now trying to get her to the USA. She is 22 and he is 59. I like her, she is intelligent, speaks English, and has almost finished her university degree in Psychology. She does a better job of teaching than most of those with a teaching degree. The long term is what I would worry about, but maybe he figures 5 or 10 years with the young hot girl is worth it.

Reactions: harrydubois

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You're right. Like I said - it's a cultural thing. Much more accepted and even normal here.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
That being said, if really interested, you need to go there, spend time, learn the language, culture and get introduced to the right people.

And for what it is worth, you will likely not find what you are seemingly looking for in Sosua, Boca Chica, Punta Cana, or on Dominican Cupid.

Good luck to you.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

This is some of the best advice you will get anywhere.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Women, especially those interested in men where there is a significant age and/or language and/or culture gap, are going to care more about your money and willingness to help support them and their families, than what color you are.

Think about it in reverse. You're 25 years old, good looking and have your act together. Why would you be interested in dating a 60 y.o. woman?

Exactly.

Thanks for the laugh 😂. This is so true. It is all about opportunity. A 60 year old man with a 25 year old woman. He does not speak Spanish and he is going there in August. Really? When she gets what she wants she will be gone. With such an age difference between two people they do not have the same goals. You see so many of these scenarios and most are the same. The man is Papá Dios and the woman waits until she finds someone younger and can offer a similar package and Spanish-speaking.

I have never seen a 25 year old man with a 60 year old woman and I hope don’t (and I know it happens)

Last edited:

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
This is some of the best advice you will get anywhere.
Yep, however there are some good women on the Cupid site, so long as you know how to weed out bad ones. I met a lady on Latin American cupid from Colombia, a pediatric nurse. She got a travel visa to the USA, got off the plane and never went back lol. We dated for 9 months. Still friendly with a good lady from Santiago and met all of her family.

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Yep, however there are some good women on the Cupid site, so long as you know how to weed out bad ones. I met a lady on Latin American cupid from Colombia, a pediatric nurse. She got a travel visa to the USA, got off the plane and never went back lol. We dated for 9 months. Still friendly with a good lady from Santiago and met all of her family.
It's true. Had a similar experience with a young lady I met on DC about 10 years ago. College educated, job, intermediate English, and family in the states. We visited a few times with each other but no real spark so we let it be. We still communicate and meet up for dinner when we do travel to each other's countries.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I need to work on my Spanish, however I guess I can start with Google translate. Also body language.

The D.R. is a beautiful country filled with beautiful and warm people. Even with a little Spanish you will enjoy yourself, and the locals will appreciate the fact that you are trying. I would strongly encourage you to visit when you have the opportunity. I'm sure that many people on this board would be happy to give you advice on where to stay and things to see.

Reactions: KyleMackey

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
It's true. Had a similar experience with a young lady I met on DC about 10 years ago. College educated, job, intermediate English, and family in the states. We visited a few times with each other but no real spark so we let it be. We still communicate and meet up for dinner when we do travel to each other's countries.
I know 2 guys that met women on there and both are happily married and have kids. One from Venezuela and one from DR.

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
I am curious about is age gap relationships in the DR.

I will be 60 in a few weeks. I think I take good care of myself, I look good for my age, however that is my age.

I recently joined Ukrainian Date and got zero interest from women under 40. Nothing. Even some nasty responses "Why don't date my mother?"

A few days later I joined the sister dating site Dominican Cupid. Totally the opposite reaction. Gorgeous women 25 and up are falling all over themselves wanting to hook up with me. I have arranged actually to spend August with a 25 year old with supermodel looks in her apartment in the DR.

This is using the same dating profile.

And it doesn't seem to be about money. As far as I can tell, the average living conditions in Ukraine and the DR are about equal. In fact, Ukraine is in the middle of a war. I would think Ukrainian girls would be more desperate.

And I don’t think that Ukrainian women are especially prudish or shy. I do not know statistics, however I believe that a large percentage of Ukrainian women are sex workers (of course not most, however it is not taboo in Ukraine).

I am wondering if this is because the DR is a much more traditional, patriarchal society. The husband is the boss. It's OK for him to be as old, if not a bit older, than your father. It's OK to marry "Papi".

Alternatively, and I wonder if this is true of other of Latin America, is there is a tall, white, blue eyed American man fetish among many women. I really don't know. I am just throwing that out there as possibility.

I am really confused why there is a 180 degree difference between Ukraine and the DR regarding age gap, and it seems to be something other than my wallet (which is very thin; I make no secret of that) or my passport.

It seems to be something are Dominican culture.
this is the same troll post from the DR facebook groups
this person gets banned quite often
he/she does it for reactions. youve been warned

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Three things I recommend every single
person learn if interested in finding a
partner in the DR.
Spanish, Spanish...
and you guessed it, Spanish.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
That's interesting. In other poor countries such as the Philippines huge number of people work abroad and send home remittances. In the DR that it's really done?
Someone may correct me, but I believe I had read that Western Union is the 3rd or 4th biggest source of revenue for the country. This article is from 2017 but I expect it remains relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.