JUly 27 2020 - NO good news for today.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
No good news today? Let's make it!
This is good (fake) news. The President has ordered:
1. Hotel Sheraton has been nationalised and turned into a modern hospital
2. All public transport across the country has been banned.
3. Congregations of more then 3 non-related persons are prohibited and will be sanctioned with 14 days of compulsory isolation.
4. No more 19:00 h lockout.
5. A new 500% internet tax will cover salary increases for hospital staff.
6. Marihuana is subject to the same tax and distribution law as tobacco but will be available in tourists lounges at discount

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
After my morning read of the local news sites I can't find any good news stories for today or most other days for that matter. It's all greed and avarice for money, at the expense of public health and the environment or the politicians washing their hand of any responsibility for the current state of affairs.
Here is the site for glass half empty people like yourself. https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/man-honors-28yo-handshake-splitting-lottery-win-with-friend/

Reactions: DR Solar

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
No good news today? Let's make it!
This is good (fake) news. The President has ordered:
1. Hotel Sheraton has been nationalised and turned into a modern hospital
2. All public transport across the country has been banned.
3. Congregations of more then 3 non-related persons are prohibited and will be sanctioned with 14 days of compulsory isolation.
4. No more 19:00 h lockout.
5. A new 500% internet tax will cover salary increases for hospital staff.
6. Marihuana is subject to the same tax and distribution law as tobacco but will be available in tourists lounges at discount
Careful. Many of our fellow DR member's are
fake news junkies and are easily offended by
people who prefer the truth.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There was a guy years ago he was documenting his day to day with his Dominican wife and their life in Villa Mella. It was some of the best material ever. Maybe an old timer can point us to it? I don't mean years old btw, meaning some around who can link it to us. Great stuff now that they canceled our OT entertainment
I think that poster's name is Danduva. The thread (started by a former mod called Timex), was titled, if I am remembering correctly, "The Start of Something Great."

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The government takes the blame for the state of the public hospitals. The government is not responsible for the state of the private clinics.

Does the Ministerio de Salud not oversee private clinics within RD?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I would think they do or should

You are correct. I do not know where Mr. Windeguy was going with his previous assertion. While I often agree with him on matters, some times he loses me. Perhaps it was just an errant key.