Bourbon

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
why are you polluting a good thread with politics.....again.
Mamajuana : sometimes it tastes like anything and everything is mixed in, I love it as an after dinner dessert drink but it aint bourbon , does have a sweet note however

These are the leftovers from that thread line of a sub forum that no longer exists.
They can not help themselves, even under the guise of their sock puppets.
Even the passive aggressive types can not help themselves without invoking the name of that big person who hides in their closets.
🤫

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Mamajuana : sometimes it tastes like anything and everything is mixed in, I love it as an after dinner dessert drink but it aint bourbon , does have a sweet note however
Now these are the type of posts I like up in here brother. Thank you!
I see the bottles that are sold ready to add liquid. What liquid do you add?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
These are the leftovers from that thread line of a sub forum that no longer exists. They can not help themselves, even under the guise of their sock puppets. Even the passive aggressive types can not help themselves without invoking the name of that big person who hides in their closets.
I do not, myself. It was provided for the new poster who chooses to wine/whine a bit too much. Take him to a pelicula in the cine. He seems to need it.

An internet troll is someone who makes intentionally inflammatory, rude, or upsetting statements online to elicit strong emotional responses in people or to steer the conversation off-topic. Most trolls do this for their own amusement, but other forms of trolling are done to push a specific agenda.

I recognize the behavior, but since only have a strong emotional responses for the loved ones in my life, they do not bother me.

Who is the new poster my man?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
An internet troll is someone who makes intentionally inflammatory, rude, or upsetting statements online to elicit strong emotional responses in people or to steer the conversation off-topic. Most trolls do this for their own amusement, but other forms of trolling are done to push a specific agenda.

I recognize the behavior, but since only have a strong emotional responses for the loved ones in my life, they do not bother me.

Who is the new poster my man?

Good night.

1598398839890.png

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Coming back to your theme, Bourbon: is it whiskey made out of corn (or rye), as against barley for scotch? I am not much of a whiskey person, though I always have a bottle of Aberlour at home, ever since I came across it. Other wise, Grappa or Absinthe is my thing and so this thread is interesting reading, learning wise.
Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% This is referred to a mash bill. Examples can be found at this site:
https://modernthirst.com/home/bourbon-whiskey-mash-bills/

Bourbon can have rye in the mash bill and it is often referred to as high rye or low rye. The amount of rye affects the taste. I find Bourbon made from high rye mash bills to be spicier. Some distillers replace the rye with wheat. And that produces a sweeter Bourbon. Example:
Makers Mark750 ml2220$38.01Licormart
Jury is still out on this one for me. But it is on my shelf to share. There is also a rye whiskey which has a 51% rye mash bill. This is not bourbon. But I like rye whiskey also.

I have no problem with the thread being about whiskey in general. That is a lot better than individuals coming in here and telling me to try rum when I have been posting on the rum thread and so have they.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
All Scotch whisky was originally made from malted barley. Commercial distilleries began introducing whisky made from wheat and rye in the late 18th century. Scotch whisky is divided into five distinct categories: single malt Scotch whisky, single grain Scotch whisky, Blended malt Scotch whisky (formerly called "vatted malt" or "pure malt"), blended grain Scotch whisky, and blended Scotch whisky.

I cannot say I am a fan of Scotch. In fact I only started drinking it initially when after I arrived 🇩🇴 and wanted a alternative to rum. Bourbon when I first arrived on the island had a poor selection and was expensive. So when I wanted whiskey I decided to try some Scotch. I was not impressed. Until I grabbed a bottle of Old Parr 12. DAMN, first taste that smoke hit me and I said :eek: that's good. I cannot wait to try the Old Parr 18. So of the five bottles I have on my shelf the only one I would replace is the Old Par 12. I'm passing the rest of my collection off dram by dram to visitors who are quite impressed I am serving them Scotch.

I find the Scotch drinkers as a group are rather (looking for a nice word here) particular about their drink. But here in the Dominican Republic in general (it does not apply to everyone) I find people drink and buy bottles to show off they they can afford a particular bottle. I drink what I like ‼ And I do not care what anyone thinks of me or what they think about what I drink.

One thing that is pretty unique about Scotch is there are some pretty hard core labeling rules applied to the product. So you really know what you are buying in the bottle. Scotch needs to be aged for a minimum of three years. If it has a age statement is the youngest scotch that is in the bottle. Something like Rum is the wild wild west with the rules differing from country to country.

Old Parr 12 year750 ml1690$31.71Ron Depot

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It is not a thread jack. At least you are talking whiskey and not throwing out personal insults like Fulano2(SMH)...

I too like a good Irish whiskey. I think I mentioned that in earlier post. Would you like to share your favorites, where to source them here in the Dominican Republic and prices?
Playero in Sosua has Jameson's, which is my least favorite, but I never say no.

tempo

Aug 5, 2020
US
why are you polluting a good thread with politics.....again.

I was only responding to a comment of the original poster here and in direct response to him ONLY. Besides, I actually wrote about what the original poster is speaking of...alcoholic beverage, of a certain kind. Thank you.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I was only responding to a comment of the original poster here and in direct response to him ONLY. Besides, I actually wrote about what the original poster is speaking of...alcoholic beverage, of a certain kind. Thank you.

Yes you have. And your original post was dead on point about those who enter a thread with personal axes to grind. Do they have a problem with people who drink bourbon in general or with me personally? You have to ask them. I have a set of detractors that ride around together in their clown car and troll. I am good with it.

I started this thread with the simple intention of finding more options to source bourbon. The clown car crew stopped in with their personal insults and attitudes and tried to go hard in the paint with me. They always are throwing up weak stuff (not the "s" word that first came to mind) and getting rejected.

I have said before I do not mind talking about whiskey in general in this thread. I am also learning from those that choose to share experiences, preferences and information on whiskey. I do not mind talking about alcohol of all types.

Somebody posted a picture of a wine bottle. Then said they do not drink it when I ask for the food pairing. Who does that and why?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Playero in Sosua has Jameson's, which is my least favorite, but I never say no.
Here in Santo Domingo I have found Irish Whiskey to be harder to source than bourbon.
Jameson750 ml995$18.67Ron Depot
The only other bottle I have seen is Tullamore D.E.W. original for about 1300 DOP in Licormart. I would like to find a bottle of Tullamore D.E.W 14 year old Single malt. Aged up for 14 years in ex-Bourbon barrels. I bet that it good.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Now these are the type of posts I like up in here brother. Thank you!
I see the bottles that are sold ready to add liquid. What liquid do you add?
every one on the island has a super secret recipe. wine,rum, honey, sugar, coconut water. I would not be surprised if "bourbon" was added into a family recipe

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
We are talking about all alcohol up in here. Really, I like it all. I just like some way more than others. Bourbon is my favorite ‼ But I will not turn down any whiskey if you are serving it to me. I like Vodka, Rum, Tequila, Gin, Brandy and Cognac too.

The 10 Best Single Malt Scotch Whiskies for Under 100 USD to buy right now.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Back off if you want to continue posting
Vegas, The only thing that matters is that you like and enjoy it. Salud!
Could you have made a more obvious statement. Who eats or drinks anything that they do not like and enjoy unless being forced to do it or eating or drinking in a social situation. Useless post in my opinion and off topic. The opening post was about finding bourbon in 🇩🇴 .

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Woodford Reserve (Distiller's Select)750 ml2265$38.78Licormart
Picked this one up. But for now that taps out my main suppliers different bottles of bourbon. Got 11 different bottles on my shelf from three different suppliers. So the search is still on.

Knob Creek Small Batch750 ml 2815$48.10Licormart
Remains the one bottle that wouldn't want to live without that I can source here in 🇩🇴.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here in Santo Domingo I have found Irish Whiskey to be harder to source than bourbon.
Jameson750 ml995$18.67Ron Depot
The only other bottle I have seen is Tullamore D.E.W. original for about 1300 DOP in Licormart. I would like to find a bottle of Tullamore D.E.W 14 year old Single malt. Aged up for 14 years in ex-Bourbon barrels. I bet that it good.

Innis & Gunn beer....

some aged in bourbon casks... others in rum ones

Reactions: JD Jones