Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Remdesivir is in use here. The current price for an IV issued with this is 120,000 rd. What portion is covered or not covered by your insurance I have no idea.

Reactions: JD Jones

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It's kinda interesting how, as if somebody said "Go", the so-called "second wave" began happening all over the World (including DR) at the same time:D🤫🐑😂
I would suggest that a "second wave" is happening in many countries because people everywhere are relaxing in taking precautions. I wasn't aware that a second wave is very pronounced here in the DR, but if it is, it may be because fewer people are wearing masks etc.

Reactions: CDNBear

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
So far there have been over 1 million deaths world wide with 2163 in the DR attributed to Covid 19. That’s a lot of people. According to the WHO these are the top 5 reasons for death in 2016 (most recent figures) which the DR is included

• Heart and stroke 15 million
  • Respiratory, Lung, COPD 8 million
  • Dementia, Alzheimer’s 2 million
  • Vehicle 1.8 million
  • Digestive disease 1.8 million
They also report that approximately 5 million people died in 2016 due to communicable type illness which some are in the respiratory and lung numbers.

The point I am trying to make is that if over 5 million people died of disease in 2016 that can be publicly transmitted and nothing was done, we do not need the panic and restrictions all governments are imposing on us because of Covid 19.

Disease happens and people die. Of the million deaths attributed to Covid 19 if you back out the ones with pre-existing conditions, very elderly, false deaths and the other not really Covid cases you would be hard pressed to fill a hockey arena.

Based on what the governments are currently trying to do, the world should have been in lock down since about the early 1800’s. It’s pure unadulterated bullshit. We need to move on and get over the nonsense. Protect the old and vulnerable but move on. I would sooner die of Covid than poor and hungry in a desolate world.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
WHILE THE HOUSE PARTIES, ROOSTER FIGHTS, AND OTHER GATHERINGS CONTINUE

Santo Domingo DR

According to a survey by the Ministry of Public Health, seventy percent of Dominicans believe that they will not be infected or harmed by the coronavirus. Only 30% fear the pandemic.

Minister Plutarco Arias asked the population not to lower their guard and to fear covid-19 since the possibilities of getting infected and dying are very high.

He said that many asymptomatic young people transmit the virus to others, including older people like parents and grandparents.

Many home parties and chicken fighting coops

Chicken fight houses and house parties cause the virus to spread again, which causes the health system to become overwhelmed as it was in the recent past.

Arias cited the case of a chicken fighting coop where there were more than one hundred people, and 58 were positive. However, he did not specify that it was in the batey La Ceiba in La Altagracia, where there is an outbreak that caused the authorities’ intervention in that province.

The home parties said that there are houses with 20 and 30 vehicles in front of them, and “something is happening there” where there are no distance or control measures.

He urged the population to comply with established rules such as maintaining physical distance and wearing masks.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
More than 90% (likely 98%) won't die so they are actually greatly underestimating the number of non-dead.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I agree with the 90% of the Dominicans. As I mentioned earlier, protect the elderly and the vulnerable. Party on.
You will make more money betting on Roosters than chickens.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. Enjoy your festivities with a house full of people.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The Navidad is quickly approaching.
This curfew, and related BS will not last into December.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have heard persons this week, within various social circles, actively stating that this is now a political game (which some of us have stated all along), and it will not disrupt THEIR festividad Navideña. Can not say that I disagree with them.
I really can not see mass arrests of shoppers and festive people for curfew purposes within the RD, because a few expatriots within Everything __________ communities, and even worse.....100% foreigners, are petrified of this Chinese Created Plandemic.
ABOLISH THE CURFEW NOW! TIME TO RETURN TO NORMAL LIFE!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The Navidad is quickly approaching.
This curfew, and related BS will not last into December.

I agree. I drove through the Hato Nuevo barrio yesterday afternoon and saw maybe 10 masks out of all the people I saw (100+)
San Cristobal was slightly better with roughly half of the people with masks.
The mass of people who were passing through Pinturas mostly were not wearing masks.
On the other hand, In Jumbo Luperon everyone had masks. There may be some social economic scale in effect there.

Reactions: aarhus

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I agree. I drove through the Hato Nuevo barrio yesterday afternoon and saw maybe 10 masks out of all the people I saw (100+)
San Cristobal was slightly better with roughly half of the people with masks.
The mass of people who were passing through Pinturas mostly were not wearing masks.
On the other hand, In Jumbo Luperon everyone had masks. There may be some social economic scale in effect there.

Don't you think it's an inside vs. outside thing? I never wear a mask outside but am compliant inside. Here in Boca Chica, it's about 2 to 1 in favor of mask wearing outside.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Based on what the governments are currently trying to do, the world should have been in lock down since about the early 1800’s. It’s pure unadulterated bullshit. We need to move on and get over the nonsense. Protect the old and vulnerable but move on. I would sooner die of Covid than poor and hungry in a desolate world.

the whole point of restrictions of movement is to keep the hospitals from becoming overwhelmed. or at least that's been my understanding for the duration of the outbreak, due to it being very good at spreading. you sound as if you believe those efforts have been to eradicate. letting nature take it course is not a strategy for dealing with the virus, it is what happens lacking any other type of intervention.

user123

Aug 16, 2017
It's funny how the Covid cases in DR are rising everywhere but "Zero Covid cases at Dominican airports" 😂🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.