Sosua - Welcome to the Red Zone - Sosua

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Took long enough. I guess in the end you can't indefinitely BS the official Sosua BS'ers. It was clear to anyone who looked that there were more than hotel guests on the property until some pretty outrageous times during the curfew. But ouch that'll hurt closing down the hotel part.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The new President will stay focused for the moment on bringing Punta Cana back and then onto the southwest. The reality is that the north coast will continue to attract tourists much as as it has done for years, but that its glory days, like the Poconos and Niagara Falls destinations in the US,, are in and have been in........the rear view mirror for quite some time..

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Don't "they" usually leave a note on the door explaining the reason for the closure and whether it is temporary or more permanent?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Don't "they" usually leave a note on the door explaining the reason for the closure and whether it is temporary or more permanent?
Yes.
I've never seen a business closure in
this country where they didn't post a notice.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Maybe they are just re decorating for a Big Holiday Pool Party ...

hey, it could happen .. as Judy Tenuta used to say .
I heard from a friend of mine a few days ago they arrested
a bunch of people in Charamicos Friday night because they
were playing loud music. Perhaps some of the people who
live back there by Ahnvee complained about the music?

Reactions: jd426

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
They are back open !! All very confusing !
Hey, if they dont care about losing money , they can be closed and re opened as many times as they desire ..
That is how the Powers that be do it .
but if making money is not the real reason for being open for Ahnvee, more power to them .
Expect them to be closed down ( Like Rumba, DLatin, Platinum, Blue Ice etc etc etc , at least a DOZEN more times..
The lesson here is there is no such thing as bein in "compliance" , because the rules change all the time .
One day its a Fire Code, next day its Noise level , now we have new Covid Regs , a complete free for all
Ahnvee is quite possibly the most Perfect Business Model to bleed Dry.. the Dominicans must the just laughing their Arses off .
Look at all the other places they have shut down,, but first they Bleed them.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Allegedly nothing to do with girls, government strategy ... Just a court embargo . Saw them ( fiscalía etc) there this morning as I went for my morning jog.
My Source ( press) says they hauled out some furniture and some other stuff claimed in the suit but they were never closed as it has nothing to do with business licensing etc .

But who knows this could be a sign of a private business failure to come .