New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Where can I find the new entry procedures which are being introduced that replace the hand-written
entry forms. I understand that they require filling out an online form.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I would be interested in hearing how the resulting E-ticket is presented to the airline and to immigration. I do not yet know how to put the e-ticket onto a phone and display it or if that is even what the authorities want or expect travelers to do.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I would be interested in hearing how the resulting E-ticket is presented to the airline and to immigration. I do not yet know how to put the e-ticket onto a phone and display it or if that is even what the authorities want or expect travelers to do.
It’s my understanding you save the finished form and clearance number as a PDF file. Then print it off or file it for easy access on your phone. You present it to migration entering and leaving. You also need it in Canada to purchase your airline ticket before you head to the DR. I think this will be short lived phenomena. The DR government should have set up automated migration entry machines with a passport scanner at each airport and leave it at that. Paperless entry and an easy menu driven format with a minimum of questions. That may have been a more viable way to go. Common sense doesn’t always prevail especially where government initiatives are concerned.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It’s my understanding you save the finished form and clearance number as a PDF file. Then print it off or file it for easy access on your phone. You present it to migration entering and leaving. You also need it in Canada to purchase your airline ticket before you head to the DR. I think this will be short lived phenomena. The DR government should have set up automated migration entry machines with a passport scanner at each airport and leave it at that. Paperless entry and an easy menu driven format with a minimum of questions. That may have been a more viable way to go. Common sense doesn’t always prevail especially where government initiatives are concerned.
I doubt very much that this is going away quickly. After CV19 restrictions are loosened sometime in 2022, they might focus more on this.
Then they could even have a snowbird visa which can be done entirely on line.

Automated machines present some issues if they wish to collect overstay fees, but those could be worked out within 100 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Sailor51

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I doubt very much that this is going away quickly. After CV19 restrictions are loosened sometime in 2022, they might focus more on this.
Then they could even have a snowbird visa which can be done entirely on line.

Automated machines present some issues if they wish to collect overstay fees, but those could be worked out within 100 years.
An on line snowbird visa would be a dream for me. It’s too logical. Probably never happen.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They already have the equivalent of an online visa. You can apply online for your tourist card and pay the same as an overstay fee. I can't remember if it's for 90 or 120 days(?). Would be nice if they extended it to 6 months. 4 months takes care of most snowbirds in my condominium.

I just found it. 120 days,

Reactions: Vicki G

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
One you fil out the form you can download the pdf QR code and save it to your phone or just sign back in to the website and pull up your code

Reactions: santiagodude

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Didn't last long...

But admittedly, they switched at the wrong one - fall/spring..... I forget
It was a total failure - rescinded in short order

Reactions: Ken

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I just filled out this E Ticket for leaving the DR. Not really hard. How it works at the airport who knows.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
An on line snowbird visa would be a dream for me. It’s too logical. Probably never happen.
You already have 120 days online extension...online entrance forms...4 months legal stay s nothing to laugh about considering where we were before.. I’m sure if they extend to 6 months or make snowbird visa it will be just as convenient to bring tourism back..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
These people are on it......
We'll see what they come up with

One thing for sure (IMO).... the days of entering and staying as long as YOU wish..... are over

Migracion will be dictating the process soon..... New rules will be written

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Overstay fee collection should be simpler with self service migration machines at DR airports. Scan your passport when you arrive. Scan it when you leave to get your clearance printout. If you overstayed your passport is blocked and you can’t board the aircraft until you pay. Paying the fee on line with your credit or debit card would really sweeten the process. Cash payers can scan their passports, get their printout, then proceed to a separate kiosk to pay and get their passports unblocked. The obvious impact here is a significant reduction in migration staff at airports.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think that's the idea Eco.....

Like the USA and Canada and Mexico promote the Nexus/Global Entry system..... less personnel, faster service

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I think that's the idea Eco.....

Like the USA and Canada and Mexico promote the Nexus/Global Entry system..... less personnel, faster service
Precisely Bill and a further incentive for people like me to bite the bullet and purchase property in the DR. Link easy entry to easy pensioner citizenship and DR real estate agents would be very busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.