New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
That's true, but I've read some claims here that the supervisors have figured out how to manipulate the computer and that some overstayers were let through without the passport being unlocked. The money was just pocketed. No idea if that's true or possible(?).

I think DGM has sent out a pretty clear signal that paying in advance online is the way they want to go.
No they can’t..like everything else here wives tales ... the day you can give 500 peso for 5000 Bill are over at DGM..
right now any type of corruption in government going to get you in dodo...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
i am surprised the electronic procedure has lasted this long. I was expecting it to start one day and be discontinued the very next day.
It did not start yet. They said January 1 is the start. I would not want to be leaving here Jan. 1.

Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I was able to fill out the form on the website and generate the pdf file, What I am not sure how to do is save the pdf file to my phone and then what app I need to display it when required to do so. I don't currently have a a browser operational on my phone because I have to much difficulty typing on the small screen keyboard. Thus I am not able to currently fill out the form on the phone itself and need a way to get the e-ticket on the phone and to display that file when needed. I can figure out how to save the pdf file on the phone fairly easily. It is the subsequent displaying of that file which will need an APP and I do not know what to download and install from the google play store.
Send the PDF file to your Email. Then get the Email on your phone. You want to get PDF File Reader in the app store, free. There are lots with the name, any one should do. Once you have the file it will look like a hash tag or whatever you call it. They will scan it at the airport I presume. Just open the Email up at the counter.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Very true. I have yet to hear a good explanation why they don't just change the law, but I think this new program is a pretty clear indication that they couldn't care less what the actual law is.
So far, I cannot disagree with you. They say one thing like they will enforce the laws as written, and then do another like let people pay on line to extend their (ahem so called) legal stay to 120 days.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Whatever they are considered the DR government will not bother them at immigration. You can bet on that.
I have learned not to bet on anything here (or anywhere else, except on myself).

I do expect more changes after CV19 restrictions are relaxed some time in 2022.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The only change I see is a rise in prices on the overstay fees.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
My opinion is the same. Sooner or later I expect more changes.

Hopefully including a 6 month snowbird visa. I know, wishful thinking.
There is special snowbird permit to stay coming...details are sketchy right now so no use to say hearsay just yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.