Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
And here I though New Years was six days ago and Christmas 13 days past.
You have a big Thanksgiving day dinner there bob?
Here is how it works.
10 to 14 for a person to become ill. Meantime they are spreading the virus thinking I feel fine so I cannot have Covid.
Then we add in the asymptomatic spreaders who go around giving it to all they contact.
Then those who are recently infected but still not ill spread it to others and on and on it goes.
You get your vaccine yet, bob
Nope, unlike you I actually live in the DR so I will have to wait like the rest of my fellow Dominicans.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I'm really tired of that we can't go outside after 5 or 12 in the weekends, I understand that goverment has to do what they need to do to keep people safe because dominican people will go out to drink at the colmados o como sea but I want this corona virus stuff to end even though I know it won't for some time...
That's one post that I don't think anyone can disagree with!

Feb 7, 2007
2000+ new cases yesterday. A new record for the DR. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with all of the folks partying during the holiday season.

Now let's see how many survive.
And it will start becoming worse. Once you hit a certain threshold of daily cases, there is a point of no return... See USA, Europe...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I crossed paths with the self-styled "Mr T" in Sosua yesterday. He was formally a bit of a local personality, an Australian who made mildly useful videos about life for gringos in the DR. He seems to have re-invented himself as a virus expert/world political philosophy guru, or as some would say a wild conspiracy theorist/dangerous misinformation peddler. He thrust this piece of paper into my hand:
Mr T slip.jpg

I wonder what he thinks he is achieving, distributing such stuff? Personally, I think he should go back to making jolly videos and keep his personal agenda to himself.

Reactions: DR fan1990

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I crossed paths with the self-styled "Mr T" in Sosua yesterday. He was formally a bit of a local personality, an Australian who made mildly useful videos about life for gringos in the DR. He seems to have re-invented himself as a virus expert/world political philosophy guru, or as some would say a wild conspiracy theorist/dangerous misinformation peddler. He thrust this piece of paper into my hand:
View attachment 3936
I wonder what he thinks he is achieving, distributing such stuff? Personally, I think he should go back to making jolly videos and keep his personal agenda to himself.

As time went by his videos started getting weirder and weirder...... He would fit right in here 😄😄😄

Reactions: drstock

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
At 5:01am this morning, while queued up inside the farmacia, I overheard the person in front of me, who happened to be eating a flaky crust empanada, telling the person in front of her, that she overheard the watchman, telling a motoconcho, that his neighbor's son, who is a bag boy at Jumbo, saw a screenshot on an iphone 12 Pro Max, of a Whatsapp posting, posted by the owner of his girlfriend's salon, stating that the RD government will be utilizing the vast network of carwashes across the nation to distribute Covid vaccinations to those with cedulas. For those without cedulas, the government is still trying to develop a legal workaround that will allow them to pay a fee, not penalty, for their injection/vaccinations.
This is what I took away from it, as it was difficult to hear every word with Chimbala and Bulin47 playing in the background.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
View attachment 3936
I think he is from New Zealand,

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
President Luis Abinader assured that those undocumented migrants who are in the country will not be vaccinated against Covid-19, with the doses of vaccines that the Dominican Government is managing. He assured that for Haitians and Venezuelans who are in the country illegally, the World Health Organization (WHO) will be asked to supply vaccines, since the country's commitment is to vaccinate Dominicans. He said that with the vaccines that the Government is purchasing through the Health Cabinet, coordinated by Vice President Raquel Peña, 70% of the population can be vaccinated in six months. The government also reported that this month they expect to receive around 25,000 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Pfizer. Abinader explained that these doses would arrive as an 'emergency dispatch' and that they will be initially applied to doctors and vulnerable groups. The president also added that steps are being taken with Turkey to acquire another emergency batch of the Sputnik vaccine. These orders are independent of the agreement made by the Executive Power to acquire the vaccine manufactured by AstraZeneca and Oxford, the first batch of which would arrive in March. These information were offered at a luncheon, which the president held with media directors.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At 5:01am this morning, while queued up inside the farmacia, I overheard the person in front of me, who happened to be eating a flaky crust empanada, telling the person in front of her, that she overheard the watchman, telling a motoconcho, that his neighbor's son, who is a bag boy at Jumbo, saw a screenshot on an iphone 12 Pro Max, of a Whatsapp posting, posted by the owner of his girlfriend's salon, stating that the RD government will be utilizing the vast network of carwashes across the nation to distribute Covid vaccinations to those with cedulas. For those without cedulas, the government is still trying to develop a legal workaround that will allow them to pay a fee, not penalty, for their injection/vaccinations.
This is what I took away from it, as it was difficult to hear every word with Chimbala and Bulin47 playing in the background.
That is correct regarding the "cedula" part.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Only 0.1% of the world's population will die from Covid - but every life is important.

Only 0.1% of the world's population will die from the vaccine - but that's an insignificant number.
typing it does not make a lie true.

You have some evidence of deaths caused by administration of a Covid vaccine?
Of course not.

90 million cases and 2 million dead.

• Haha
Reactions: jd426 and cavok

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
That is correct regarding the "cedula" part.
People without cedulas will spread the virus just like those with cedulas.
If the government wants max benefit from the vaccine it will vaccinate everyone as fast as possible.
How many illegals here have no cedula?
Estimates have between 650,000 and one million Haitians living in the DR.

Not like the DR cannot afford to give out the vaccines.

I thought this was a national health and economic crisis and we are looking to save a buck ?

Reactions: slowmo

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
2000+ new cases yesterday. A new record for the DR. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with all of the folks partying during the holiday season.

Now let's see how many survive.
Well, since there is a track record of the very low death rate already I would expect that to continue. More cases and yet still low death rate.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Well, since there is a track record of the very low death rate already I would expect that to continue. More cases and yet still low death rate.
Losing a foot, say to diabetes, has also a very low death rate....... anyhow I will stay give it a pass...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Infection and death figures from Haiti have to be taken with not one grain, but a full salt shaker.

Haiti lacks anything closely resembling a national health system, much less a proper civil system.

People are born day in and day out, yet there’s not one iota on any records of these births.

Same happens to deaths, where families avoid paying the municipal cemetery fees, by paying the caretakers to carry out burials during off business hours. Some just bury them in the old church linked cemeteries lots left since 1804. Plenty of small of these all over Haiti.

No records of being born, no ID, no death record.

I know Haitians that have no idea of their kin, since many are born to the same mother and different fathers each. And as no records exist, the links are moot.

Aside from these, Haiti’s median age for the population is one of the lowest in our hemisphere. Most Haitians haven’t seen a vaccine since birth, let alone a real national campaign that did so with any success over 20% of the existing population.

Their average age is what’s keeping the death toll lower a bit, but true numbers are anyone’s guesses.

Just staying alive until 60 is a record in Haiti.

Think carefully of the following, after the large earthquake that killed over 160,000 people (median death toll so far) the final or at least more certain tally is NOT available.

Nobody can tell you for certain!!! After 20 years of investigations yielded very little and more questions than answers.

If you want to find a better more honest example, try another country with the same population or close to it in our side of the world.

Like Honduras and Bolivia, since Venezuela and Cuba’s figures can’t be verified by any independent source.

Reactions: cavok and JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.