Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2007
That may be ten million doses x 2 for ten million people.
No, 10 million doses divided by 2, for 5 million people.

...adquisición de 10 millones de vacunas...que permitirán vacunar a cinco millones de personas, ya que hay que inocular dos veces a cada paciente....

Or here

Gobierno firma acuerdo para obtener 10 millones de vacunas contra el Covid-19 para 5 millones de habitantes

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Letalidad por edad en la RD...
Like I said before, we need to concentrate on vaccination of 30 and up as emergency measures.

Attachments

• B921FECE-E119-4008-9DDC-7E64A1BEB692.jpeg
    B921FECE-E119-4008-9DDC-7E64A1BEB692.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 100

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
No, 10 million doses divided by 2, for 5 million people.

...adquisición de 10 millones de vacunas...que permitirán vacunar a cinco millones de personas, ya que hay que inocular dos veces a cada paciente....

Or here

Gobierno firma acuerdo para obtener 10 millones de vacunas contra el Covid-19 para 5 millones de habitantes
They aren't vaccinating children 16 and under so 10,000,000 may be enough.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Had to undergo a Covid test to insure I was not infected in order to have a minor medical procedure.

It was the swap in the nose.
Nurse asked me if I had a strong pain threshold.
Made me laugh and be anxious at the same time;
She instructed me to inhale deeply through my nose as she inserted the swap.
I never knew my nose went back that far without entering my lung.
I am not doing that again.

Reactions: DR fan1990

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Had to undergo a Covid test to insure I was not infected in order to have a minor medical procedure.

It was the swap in the nose.
Nurse asked me if I had a strong pain threshold.
Made me laugh and be anxious at the same time;
She instructed me to inhale deeply through my nose as she inserted the swap.
I never knew my nose went back that far without entering my lung.
I am not doing that again.
Where in the DR or elsewhere?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
2000+ new cases yesterday. A new record for the DR. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with all of the folks partying during the holiday season.

Now let's see how many survive.

• Sad
Reactions: AlterEgo

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The results should start reflecting that activity now...... several days having passed

What the gov't's reaction will be is the big question ....

Reactions: JD Jones

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Any idea who is eligible to have the tests - Residents, for example?
According to the small print on the graphic posted. Anyone with a Cedula qualifies for a cost free test. At least that's the way I interpreted it. I too would like to know where this place is. It appears from a google search to be somewhere in Santiago.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Where in the DR or elsewhere?
Elsewhere, Houston, Texas.
There is a spit test apparently and if you can get the spit version I would recommend it over the stick up in your nose.
Hospital did the results in four hours and I now know I was negative for one day.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
2000+ new cases yesterday. A new record for the DR. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with all of the folks partying during the holiday season.

Now let's see how many survive.
The DR folks are lucky to not celebrate thanksgiving with big family dinner spreader events.
Add in celebrations for Christmas and New Years drunkfests along with new super spreader CV mutation and we (you guys) could be in for a wild ride.
If the government has the vaccines yesterday is the time to give them out free and fast to avoid massive disease spread.
The masks, social distancing , curfews and hand washing are only stop gap measures that will slow the spread a little.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The DR folks are lucky to not celebrate thanksgiving with big family dinner spreader events.
Add in celebrations for Christmas and New Years drunkfests along with new super spreader CV mutation and we (you guys) could be in for a wild ride.
If the government has the vaccines yesterday is the time to give them out free and fast to avoid massive disease spread.
The masks, social distancing , curfews and hand washing are only stop gap measures that will slow the spread a little.
Vaccines take ten to 14 days to be effective. Antibody build up in the body. Whatever happened over the holidays will have already have happened.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Vaccines take ten to 14 days to be effective. Antibody build up in the body. Whatever happened over the holidays will have already have happened.
And here I though New Years was six days ago and Christmas 13 days past.
You have a big Thanksgiving day dinner there bob?
Here is how it works.
10 to 14 for a person to become ill. Meantime they are spreading the virus thinking I feel fine so I cannot have Covid.
Then we add in the asymptomatic spreaders who go around giving it to all they contact.
Then those who are recently infected but still not ill spread it to others and on and on it goes.
You get your vaccine yet, bob

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
According to the small print on the graphic posted. Anyone with a Cedula qualifies for a cost free test. At least that's the way I interpreted it. I too would like to know where this place is. It appears from a google search to be somewhere in Santiago.
Ah - too far to travel from the north coast for me, but thanks. Better to pay to have the test done more locally, if necessary. Hopefully if they can do this in Santiago they can do it elsewhere.

althebeast

Mar 26, 2020
La Romana
I'm really tired of that we can't go outside after 5 or 12 in the weekends, I understand that goverment has to do what they need to do to keep people safe because dominican people will go out to drink at the colmados o como sea but I want this corona virus stuff to end even though I know it won't for some time...

Status
Not open for further replies.